+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 3C in Citizenship Application - Other Names

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Can someone respond on this.

So Question 3 C in citizenship application reads as follows: List any other names used including name at birth, maiden name, previous married name (s), aliases, and nicknames. These names will not appear on your citizenship certifcate

My question is: Let's say someone has an informal name that people used in everyday dealings to refer to that person. Example lets say, Charles Thompson or say Liliana Chung where they are informally called Chuck or Lily.

HOWEVER, note that their official documents always (and without exception) refer to them as Charles or Liliana.

QUESTION - -> then should question 3 C be left blank or filled with the example here of Chuck or Lily (in the given name field) with Last name and the Provide details field with some brief comment like I am informally referred to as Chuck / Lily but my official docs always have my full first name.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
any response guys ?
Only name other than the present passport/PR card to be disclosed if a name is in use in documentation currently other than ID or have used previously in any official documents. Nick name does not count in that category..

In my opinion, if there is no record in immigration or in other form of documents that you have used other name then just put N/A. This clause mostly for females who often changes name after marriage or a male changes his first or last name officially..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have included two other names:

Name on my birth certificate, previous name on COPR.
Name on my visitor record/other Provincial Ids.

Attached a letter of explanation.... and documents that had my other names....