+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question # 19 regarding address history

Lotika

Jun 18, 2015
I immigrated to Canada in Nov 2010, got my PR and left Canada in Dec 2010 to my home country where I spent about 2 years until my next arrival to Canada in 2012.

During these 2 years that I lived at home I traveled to India, Egypt, Thailand, and the Netherlands (1-2 weeks vacations).

In the application form for PR renewal, there is the question # 19 regarding address history within the last 5 years.

Should I indicate the addresses of my travelings to India, Egypt, Thailand, and Netherlands?

Should I also translate the visas and stamps of these 4 countries, taking into account that I traveled there while living at home country?

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
I was advised by an Immigration Consultant that it is better to give the address of the places you visited, though the application does not ask for it.

Translation of visas is not needed. If the stamps of those countries are not in English or French then a translation of the stamps is needed.

Lotika

Jun 18, 2015
Jerry1410 said:
I was advised by an Immigration Consultant that it is better to give the address of the places you visited, though the application does not ask for it.

Translation of visas is not needed. If the stamps of those countries are not in English or French then a translation of the stamps is needed.
Thanks a lot for your reply. The only problem is that I don't have the only address of my stay for India and Thailand. We changed the places of stay every 1-2 days during the whole vacation. While being in India, I guess we changed 10 hotels.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Generally they look for an address if you stayed at a place for more than 3 months.
For small vacations, you just indicate the in and out date for India and explain in the Notes that you stayed in several places. They will understand that.