+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding WES assesment

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Hello Experts,

I have done Bachelor of Engg. from Mumbai University and after that PGDBA from SCDL as part of distance learning program.
I have submitted the attested copies of both certificates to WES for evaluation. Current status of my application at WES is "Evaluation in Progress --> The estimated completion date of your evaluation report is: April 29, 2015."
After submitting the documents to WES, I have got the information that WES does not recognize SCDL as it is an autonomous institute and not a university.

So my question is, whether WES will reject my entire application for evaluation OR they will reject my PGDBA but provide evaluation report for my Engineering Degree at least.

Kindly let me know.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Of what I know, they will not reject your entire application.. You will get assessment based on your Bachelor's degree ..

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
anujgupta84 said:
Of what I know, they will not reject your entire application.. You will get assessment based on your Bachelor's degree ..
I am in the same bot too. I applied for the evaluation of my masters. May be because i did my masters in an autonomous college that now they have asked me to produce my Bachelors documents. As my Bachelors degree is a distant education, i am afraid if they will reject my application too. Experts plz give your opinion.

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
anujgupta84 said:
Have you guys tried 'Free Equivalency tool' at WES?
Hi anujgupta84,

Actually yes, I did it long time back and below is the result. But, to be honest now i don't remember if at that time, i mentioned my PGDBA or not.

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Engineering
Name of Institution: University of Mumbai
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Thanks //

philipsherry

Aug 10, 2010
help me out ........!!!!!!!!!!!!

my education credentials are
B.Sc (3 years)
PGDCA (1 year)
M.Sc (2 years)

is I am eligible for selecting "Two or more certificates, diploma or degree. One must be for a program of 3 years or more " in educational option applying for Express entry ????????

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
philipsherry said:

B.Sc (3 years)
PGDCA (1 year)
M.Sc (2 years)

is I am eligible for selecting "Two or more certificates, diploma or degree. One must be for a program of 3 years or more " in educational option applying for Express entry ????????
Nobody Can answer you except for WES or other certified facilities

Sathis Kumar

Aug 17, 2017

B.Sc (3 years)
PGDCA (1 year)
M.Sc (2 years)

Hi,

Did you get positive response from WES ?. Did they consider 1 year PGDCA as Post Graduate Diploma. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sathis