+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding two parallel PR applications under Express Entry program !

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Dear Experts,

Seeking your valuable advice on below topic.

Both me and my wife are eligible to apply for Canada Skilled Immigration as primary candidates.So, in this case can we file 2 applications as below under express entry?

Application 1 :- Myself as primary candidate + wife and child as dependent.
Application 2 :- My wife as primary candidate + myself and child as dependent.

Also note that:- Under FSW program, My score is 72 points. Including spouse/dependent 5 points for [ education + IELTS].

Please let me know that above given case can be accepted by Canadian immigration authorities? OR there is a legal law that only one us can file the application as a primary applicant instead of two different application.

Thanks //

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
From what I know, there is no law preventing you, however, it would be best that one of you apply. The one with the highest scores should apply. There is no point both application be submitted.

Why would you want to do both and not just have the higher scorer apply?

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Dear,

Just to inform you that points are same in both the case.Difference is my wife had PhD and 2 yrs of exp. whereas i have B.E. and 9 yrs. of exp. So overall score remains same.

reason that might be in my wife's category, In Canada might be having more jobs and higher chances for getting ITA.

Thanks //

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
OK, that makes things clearer. If I were you, I would go with both parties applying and see who gets selected first. If both get selected, one withdraw.

Best wishes