+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding PR Card delivery in UPS mailbox after renewal

manish_canada

Aug 22, 2014
Hi

I do not have a permanent address in Canada so want to get my PR Card delivered in UPS mailbox but the instructions on the application form for Permanent Resident Card states that "Your PR Card will be sent to your residential address (the address where you live). PR Cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if this is your residential mailing address. It is important to note that PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses (e.g. representative, family member)."

UPS mailbox address is not a PO box instead it is a street address so if I use it as my mailing address, would IRCC deliver it there or they would consider it as a third party address and do not deliver there?

Thanks
Manish Khanna

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I do not have a permanent address in Canada so want to get my PR Card delivered in UPS mailbox but the instructions on the application form for Permanent Resident Card states that "Your PR Card will be sent to your residential address (the address where you live). PR Cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if this is your residential mailing address. It is important to note that PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses (e.g. representative, family member)."

UPS mailbox address is not a PO box instead it is a street address so if I use it as my mailing address, would IRCC deliver it there or they would consider it as a third party address and do not deliver there?

Thanks
Manish Khanna
Depends on what it looks like.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi

Thanks
Manish Khanna
I think as long it just has your name on it and the address it will work. As long you don't give the address as C/O (care of) UPS or another person they shouldn't know the difference, it will look like a residential address.