+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Port of Entry to Canada having visitor visa

madan.07

Mar 11, 2016
Hello,

My parents received VISA for Canada under Category V-1.

My parents are staying in India currently, my brother is staying in Nederlands, so they would like to travel from India to Nederlands and from there they want to travel to Canada.

For visiting Canada under this Visa category can my parents come from Nederlands, since port of entry will be Nederlands? or they need to ,come from India only to Canada.

Appreciate if you can assist me in this regard.

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,

My parents received VISA for Canada under Category V-1.

My parents are staying in India currently, my brother is staying in Nederlands, so they would like to travel from India to Nederlands and from there they want to travel to Canada.

For visiting Canada under this Visa category can my parents come from Nederlands, since port of entry will be Nederlands? or they need to ,come from India only to Canada.

Appreciate if you can assist me in this regard.

Thank you!
Port of Entry is the first point of entry into Canada, not Netherlands. And usually, this is the first airport or a land border crossing into Canada.

Your parents can arrive from any country on a V-1/any Canadian visa, not directly from India

madan.07

Mar 11, 2016
Hello, Thank you for your response.

I had one more question, My parents are staying in India currently, my brother is staying in Nederlands, so they would like to travel from India to Nederlands and from there they want to travel to Canada since my parents are travelling from Nederlands to Canada do they require ETA?

Thanks in advance,

Madan

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they have a TRV, there is no need for an eTA. ETA’s are only available to certain countries and are essentially a TRV for countries that meet certain criteria.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello, Thank you for your response.

I had one more question, My parents are staying in India currently, my brother is staying in Nederlands, so they would like to travel from India to Nederlands and from there they want to travel to Canada since my parents are travelling from Nederlands to Canada do they require ETA?

Thanks in advance,

Madan
Indian nationals are not eligible to apply for eTAs.

It's like this:
Your parents must apply for/be granted visitor visas by Netherlands so that they can visit your brother.

Your parents have already been granted Canada TRVs/visitor visas stamped in their passports. They simply need to board the flight from Netherlands to Canada. For this, they would need to show their Canada TRVs at the departure airport in Netherlands.

When they arrive in Canada, the immigration officer will ask them a few questions and stamp their passports (entry stamp)