+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding address

simranahuja40

Dec 2, 2020
Hello All,

My current CRS score is 435. I have completed a second-degree education and its ECA evaluation is in process. After this, my score will go up to 470.

I am an Indian citizen. From 1990 to 2011 I have resided in Dubai, after which I shifted to India. In 2011 I was in Mumbai, at the beginning of 2012 (January) I shifted to Bangalore. In 2018 I shifted to Ahmedabad (Gujarat). I have lived in all these places on rent. My ID proofs - passport and identity card have my permanent address which is of Rajkot (Gujarat). The permanent address is of the house which is in my mother's name. Currently, no one resides at the permanent address.

My question is:

1. I cannot change my address in the passport and identity card because I am living on rent and I will be shifting out of here in the next few months. In this case, can I continue with the permanent address when I apply for PCC? Will it cause any sort of problems?

2. All the rental agreements which have happened over the years have been either in my mother's name or brother's name. Since my CRS score is 470, there is a chance I could get the ITA in the next draw. Post ITA, in the address history section, do we need to provide proof of the places where I have resided? or just a mention of the addresses is enough?

Thanks in advance :)

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hello All,

My current CRS score is 435. I have completed a second-degree education and its ECA evaluation is in process. After this, my score will go up to 470.

I am an Indian citizen. From 1990 to 2011 I have resided in Dubai, after which I shifted to India. In 2011 I was in Mumbai, at the beginning of 2012 (January) I shifted to Bangalore. In 2018 I shifted to Ahmedabad (Gujarat). I have lived in all these places on rent. My ID proofs - passport and identity card have my permanent address which is of Rajkot (Gujarat). The permanent address is of the house which is in my mother's name. Currently, no one resides at the permanent address.

My question is:

1. I cannot change my address in the passport and identity card because I am living on rent and I will be shifting out of here in the next few months. In this case, can I continue with the permanent address when I apply for PCC? Will it cause any sort of problems?

2. All the rental agreements which have happened over the years have been either in my mother's name or brother's name. Since my CRS score is 470, there is a chance I could get the ITA in the next draw. Post ITA, in the address history section, do we need to provide proof of the places where I have resided? or just a mention of the addresses is enough?

Thanks in advance :)
1. Apply for PCC with your permanent address. There will be no issues. Police will be conducting a verification at your address. Make sure you are there at the time of verification.

2. You will need to provide the PCC from Dubai as well. In address history, you dont need to provide any proof. Visa entry on your passport itself tells the country where you were residing.

Reactions: simranahuja40