+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Notary

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Usually, a notary is done on a 100 rupee stamp paper here in India. I have two reference letters from my managers which are not on company letter head because of which I want to do the Notary.

The Notary will be done on a new document (100 rupee stamp paper) and my manager has signed on the reference letter. Do I need to upload both the documents (Notary and the Reference Letter) ?

I need to get Notary done for

1. Employment Reference Letters
2. Post Office Proof of Fund Letter

Is there anyway where they can stamp and notarize the Reference Letter directly ? Can someone who has done this please help ?

AltaBcCan

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 07
Passport Req..
June 08
aarchitj said:
Usually, a notary is done on a 100 rupee stamp paper here in India. I have two reference letters from my managers which are not on company letter head because of which I want to do the Notary.

The Notary will be done on a new document (100 rupee stamp paper) and my manager has signed on the reference letter. Do I need to upload both the documents (Notary and the Reference Letter) ?

I need to get Notary done for

1. Employment Reference Letters
2. Post Office Proof of Fund Letter

Is there anyway where they can stamp and notarize the Reference Letter directly ? Can someone who has done this please help ?
None of this is acceptable. Please stick to the rules laid out by IRCC. Notarized or not, if its not on a company letter head, it does not fulfill the requirement.... as simple as that.
Canada is well aware how documents get notarized in India and they will not mend the rules in place for immigration purposes. I'm not discouraging you. Just telling you how not to waste application fees and how to avoid rejections. Please refer to the link below and click on proof of work experience. Good Luck :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
My current and previous employer do not issue reference letters on Company Letter Heads. And both my current and previous company managers do not have company letter heads. They have given me the reference letters on plain A4 size paper.

Please let me know what I should do. As per the other threads I was following, it seems people have done Notary for Reference Letters and got through with it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aarchitj said:
My current and previous employer do not issue reference letters on Company Letter Heads. And both my current and previous company managers do not have company letter heads. They have given me the reference letters on plain A4 size paper.

Please let me know what I should do. As per the other threads I was following, it seems people have done Notary for Reference Letters and got through with it.
You can ignore the comment of the other poster.

Get the letter notarized and if possible include your managers business card, employee ID or whatever you can obtain.

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
DelPiero07 said:

Get the letter notarized and if possible include your managers business card, employee ID or whatever you can obtain.
Thanks ! Your response relieves me immensely. So, in this case, I will have to upload the Reference Letter and the Notarised letter because, I believe, they will both be two separate letters.

AltaBcCan

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 07
Passport Req..
June 08
I've read this in cases where the company closed down and so a letter can't be provided on a non existing company. Contact asivad anac. He's an experienced guy on this forum and will give you advice. asivadanac@gmail.com or contact this guy who got a ppr and might have done the same thing. his name is vvarma on the page http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-foreign-work-experience-under-express-entry-t346556.0.html;msg4610892#msg4610892

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
AltaBcCan said:
None of this is acceptable. Please stick to the rules laid out by IRCC. Notarized or not, if its not on a company letter head, it does not fulfill the requirement.... as simple as that.
Canada is well aware how documents get notarized in India and they will not mend the rules in place for immigration purposes. I'm not discouraging you. Just telling you how not to waste application fees and how to avoid rejections. Please refer to the link below and click on proof of work experience. Good Luck :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Why Man.
Most of the companies wont give ref letters in the expected format.
We have to provide information in every way possible to satisfy all requirements.

Thats how it works.
Dont give wrong info and confuse people.
It's about immigration and they will be already in a lot of stress.
Help them If you can.

You know In India, Many top IT companies wont give ref. letter in the expected format.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AltaBcCan said:
I've read this in cases where the company closed down and so a letter can't be provided on a non existing company. Contact asivad anac. He's an experienced guy on this forum and will give you advice. asivadanac@gmail.com or contact this guy who got a ppr and might have done the same thing. his name is vvarma on the page http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-foreign-work-experience-under-express-entry-t346556.0.html;msg4610892#msg4610892
There is no need to contact avisad, this is the common approach taken when a company refuses to provide a reference letter in the required format.

Before scaring people please do your research.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-itaforign-work-experienceno-reference-letter-asivad-pls-help-t325805.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/preparing-for-ita-asivad-anac-t317386.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html

New123

Apr 17, 2017
Hi

I notarized my Gift Deed in a stamp paper.Is it okay or is there any restriction from CIC?

New123

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019

Hi, i got my income tax report copy from my previous employer.. do i need to have it notarized?