+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Landing

famous61

Apr 21, 2010
Hi Guys,

Just want to check on following things

1) In my COPR landing POE is Toronto, but can i land other than toronto (except quebec)?
2) I am planning to do my landing first, and my wife will be joining only after a month. So, does she need to show proof of funds again when she is doing her landing? Is there any additional documents like photocopy of my COPR required for her to show at the time of her landing?

Please advice.

Thanks

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hi famous61,

No the proof of funds need to be carried by the principal application.
At the point of entry the Officer would ask you if you are landing alone or with family.
You could inform him that your family will follow and the system will be updated.
Once your family lands when the officer enters her COPR details your details would be mentioned on the system so no problems.

Regards,

PM48633

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
famous61 said:
Hi Guys,

Just want to check on following things

1) In my COPR landing POE is Toronto, but can i land other than toronto (except quebec)?
2) I am planning to do my landing first, and my wife will be joining only after a month. So, does she need to show proof of funds again when she is doing her landing? Is there any additional documents like photocopy of my COPR required for her to show at the time of her landing?

Please advice.

Thanks
Landing, Explained:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

famous61

Apr 21, 2010
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply. I have got one more query, sorry if this question is repeated again.

For instance, if i want to travel to Halifax, my transit point will be toronto and so my transit flight (toronto - halifax) will be departing in 2 hours. So, in this scenario, can i do my landing procedures in Halifax or do i need to do it in toronto itself?

Please advice.

famous61

Apr 21, 2010
Please reply.

"For instance, if i want to travel to Halifax, my transit point will be toronto and so my transit flight (toronto - halifax) will be departing in 2 hours. So, in this scenario, can i do my landing procedures in Halifax or do i need to do it in toronto itself?"