+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query for Police Clearance

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi

I currently live in a difference country form my country of citizen.

I when back last month and got a police clearance, however the clearance is dated a few days before i left to return to my country of residence.

Do you think i would need a new clearance to be dated after i left country of citizenship

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
natasha12345 said:
Hi

I when back last month and got a police clearance, however the clearance is dated a few days before i left to return to my country of residence.

Do you think i would need a new clearance to be dated after i left country of citizenship

Please let me know.

Thanks.
No it doesn't matter I guess. I live in different country. I never visited my country of citizenship for five years and I still got PCC issued from my country of Citizenship

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
Amdavadi said:
No it doesn't matter I guess. I live in different country. I never visited my country of citizenship for five years and I still got PCC issued from my country of Citizenship
I believe this is not what OP was asking.
OP moved from her country of citizenship(X) to another country(Y) and maintained residence in country (Y). She went back last month to her country of citizenship (X), and got her PCC which is dated a few days before she traveled back to country of residence (Y).
OP is asking if that is fine or does she have to get another PCC dated after her last date of visit to country of citizenship(X) completed.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
MMX said:
I believe this is not what OP was asking.
OP moved from her country of citizenship(X) to another country(Y) and maintained residence in country (Y). She went back last month to her country of citizenship (X), and got her PCC which is dated a few days before she traveled back to country of residence (Y).
OP is asking if that is fine or does she have to get another PCC dated after her last date of visit to country of citizenship(X) completed.
Confusing.
PCC from where ? resident or citizen ?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
natasha12345 said:
Hi

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Simple answer;

Yes, You will need a new PCC which should be dated after you left the country of Citizenship.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natasha12345 said:
Hi

Please let me know.

Thanks.
You definitely need to get a new one "after" you have left the country. I had the same problem, so I will do the same. and I also heard that a person from Peru had the application rejected because of that.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natasha12345 said:
Hi

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Follow this http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp and go to "Who needs a police certificate?" section

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natasha12345 said:
Hi

Please let me know.

Thanks.
You definitely need a new PCC as the PCC Issue date has to be after the Last Visit Date (so for instance if you left your country of citizenship on 04/17/2017 and the PCC Issue date is 04/16/2017, even in that case you will need a new PCC).

Hope that helps.