+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Work Experience letter- CEC Applicant (If applicant is on hourly wage)

Mk04

Sep 9, 2022
Hello,

I have a unique situation here. So after my graduation I secured a job in NOC B last August. After a year, I applied for PR through CEC and got my ITA recently.

The job that I got is contractual (not permanent, contract renewed quarterly) and has an hourly wage. The hourly salary wasn't constant as I got raises over the year. (Started at 17, then periodically increased to 17.25, then 18 and currently 19).

So, my question is how do I calculate my yearly salary from this since the hourly wage was not constant ? Also my number of weekly hours varied between 32 to 40. (I did work more than 30 hours but not always 49)

Can I just simply add my hourly salary instead of yearly in the job reference lettter ? Would that be a problem.

Or do I add up all the net payments from my paystubs and give them a rough number ? I Intend to add my paystubs, t4 and NOA.

Ravirav

Dec 12, 2016
Hello.. i'm in the same situation as you. Request you to please let me know what did you do? Whether you mentioned hourly rate or converted it into annual gross salary by adding up all the pay slips for a year?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hello,

I have a unique situation here. So after my graduation I secured a job in NOC B last August. After a year, I applied for PR through CEC and got my ITA recently.

The job that I got is contractual (not permanent, contract renewed quarterly) and has an hourly wage. The hourly salary wasn't constant as I got raises over the year. (Started at 17, then periodically increased to 17.25, then 18 and currently 19).

So, my question is how do I calculate my yearly salary from this since the hourly wage was not constant ? Also my number of weekly hours varied between 32 to 40. (I did work more than 30 hours but not always 49)

Can I just simply add my hourly salary instead of yearly in the job reference lettter ? Would that be a problem.

Or do I add up all the net payments from my paystubs and give them a rough number ? I Intend to add my paystubs, t4 and NOA.
Hello, it doesn't matter if you don't have an annual salary, an hourly wage is just fine. You can mention it on the LOE, stating that you are paid by the hour. From this day to this day, you got paid $17, from this day to this day, you got paid $19, etc.
IRCC just needs to know you get paid for your work, they don't care if the money is by hour, monthly, or yearly.
T4, pay slips, and NOA are also excellent!
The same for hours of work, you can mention you work between 32 to 40 hours per week.

You are fine, no need to worry here, good luck!!!