+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about PRTD

harn

Dec 10, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am a new Permanent resident, i had made a short landing at canada and did all the landing formalities and came back without PR CARD. After coming back to my home country (INDIA), i have applied for PRTD to enter to canada.

I have got PRTD affixed in my passport with 6 months validity. ( this is like visa counterfoil affixed in the passport where PERMANENT RESIDENT is mentioned.

I just wanted to know if this is the what is called PRTD. I was expecting any other document ( like COPR letter) also along with that.

Is that affixed in the passport enough to travel.

Thanks

Jongwe123

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Johannesburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
17 December 2015 ; RPRF REQUEST&PAID-13.01.16
Nomination.....
27 November 2015
AOR Received.
15 December 2015
Med's Done....
19 November 2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
20 JULY 2016(IN-22.07.16)
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
14 October 2016--THANK GOD,WAITING FOR PR CARD
Hello there,

Congrats on your PRTD.....you are good to go. That is all you need to re-enter Canada without your PR card....but make sure you back within the 6 months window.

All the best....

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am a new Permanent resident, i had made a short landing at canada and did all the landing formalities and came back without PR CARD. After coming back to my home country (INDIA), i have applied for PRTD to enter to canada.

I have got PRTD affixed in my passport with 6 months validity. ( this is like visa counterfoil affixed in the passport where PERMANENT RESIDENT is mentioned.

I just wanted to know if this is the what is called PRTD. I was expecting any other document ( like COPR letter) also along with that.

Thanks
Hi,

On what basis is the validity of the PRTD determined? I've seen one case where the applicant got PRTD with validity of 2 years, where as you have received it with validity of 6 months. Any idea on why the difference?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hello,

How much time it took to get PRTD, time from submitting the application to getting the passport back.
Also, you had applied online or it was paper based application.

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Can anyone post the procedure to apply for prtd from India?

Hello members,

I recently applied for PRTD and thought of sharing my experience as not many posts are available here.
I became a permanent resident of Canada in December 2016 and after staying for two weeks I came back to my home country (India) in January 2017.
I am planning to return to Canada shortly.
My family member in Canada received my PR card long back but since no one was coming and I didn't want to send it by courier (because of RFID) I thought of applying for PRTD.
I applied at my local VFS center in Pune in April 2017.
I filled the application form along with the checklist (downloaded from CIC website) and two photographs similar to that of PR application. I also wrote a formal application letter and explained my reason (job and personal) in that letter, explained that I have sufficient time available to complete the residency obligation once I return mentioning my exact returning date (Yes, I had already booked my tickets) and listed down the documents that I am attaching.
Documents that I attached were: Application form, checklist, COPR photocopy, SIN photocopy, Visa issued for first travel, entry and exit stamp from my first travel, Old passport photocopy, family member payslips (person is in Canada and Canadian payslips) and plane tickets.

In the form, I think question-19 (Humanitarian and compassionate reasons) I again explained my reason for leaving and how I have sufficient time to fulfill my residency obligation and also mentioned about my family member in Canada, we can add additional pages at the back of the form if required which I did. I feel that they only worry about the residency obligation and they even don't require travel plans for that which I will explain why later in the post.

I went to the VFS center and they gave two additional forms to fill 1) Family details form (you need to know the birth date, death date if deceased, present address of your parents, siblings, and spouse) 2) Entry-Exit form: You need to know exact date of each travel outside Canada after becoming PR ( I mentioned exit from Canada in January, entry to India as I didn't have any other travel)

I gave the application and VFS center rejected my photographs stating that this specification (50X70) was for PR while PRTD has specification of (45X35) with the face size same of 31-35 mm. CIC website shows (50X70) so I talked to them and after some persuasion they agreed to accept it, but since the face size was same in both the specifications I thought of trimming my same photos which I did at a local studio and again came back with 45X35 dimension photo. My application was accepted and on the next day was delivered to Visa office in Bangalore. I chose an option of collecting it from the VFS center in person we can also have it directly couriered to our home. After the 15th day of my application submission in Pune VFS, status was updated that my passports are dispatched and on the next day (16th day after submission) I collected it from the VFS center, in total 12 working days.
I received a visa which is valid for two years and can be used for multiple entries. Since I got the visa for two years I believe that they give validity such that even if I go anytime during this two years I will be able to fulfill my residency obligation and hence travel tickets are not required. They calculate the time for which I can stay back without hampering my residency requirements and give visa accordingly (but it is just a guess).
I have tried to mention everything over here if you have any further questions let me know and I will try to answer

Reactions: Deepi_911

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Hi there,
Could you please mention the your visa office in India and the timeline to get a PRTD? A friend of mine is in Hyderabad for 23 days and wondering if he should blindly submit his passport waiting for PRTD. Instead he plans to change his tickets to US in worst case and then enter Canada trough the COPR.

Redbaron

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
10-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-09-2017
In case this info helps someone.
I applied for my PRTD in India on 2nd Dec. I received the PRTD on 14th Dec. It is valid for 2 years and for multiple entries.

x.75

Jul 17, 2016
In case this info helps someone.
I applied for my PRTD in India on 2nd Dec. I received the PRTD on 14th Dec. It is valid for 2 years and for multiple entries.
Thanks a lot for informing us.
Does every applicant has to visit VFS to apply PRTD. For my case, I have to apply for myself, wife and son.
Also could you please guide on documents you submitted and photo specifications.
Thanks a lot in advance. Regards.