+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query About LMIA Paper-Based Work Permit Application - Awaiting UCI

Kabeer24

Jan 2, 2024
Hello everyone,

I applied for a paper-based LMIA work permit on September 8th and have yet to receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). I recently contacted CIC, and they confirmed the receipt of my application and provided me with an application number. However, I have not received a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) yet. It's worth noting that my biometrics were already on file from my previous visitor visa application.

I'm looking for advice or insights from anyone who might have been in a similar situation:

1. Is it common to receive an application number without a UCI, especially in cases where biometrics have already been submitted for a previous application?
  2. What is the typical timeline to receive the UCI after the application number is issued, considering that my biometrics are already in the system?
  3. Should I be taking any additional steps or considerations to follow up on my application status, given these circumstances?
I'd greatly appreciate any guidance or shared experiences in relation to this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Thank You