+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about entering in Canada for 1st time

littleboy

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Friends,
I have recently received canadian immigration visa and planning to enter Canada. When I applied I gave my option to settle in Toronto. I have friends there. But now I am planning to enter through Vancouver, but not to go to Toronto. I have a plan to enter Vancouver, stay there for around 7 days and come back to Australia. (I will go back to Canada early next year) I intent to provide the mailing address of one of my friends in Toronto as my contact address so that my PR card can be sent there and my friend can post it to me to Australia. My question is since I gave my option in application form as Toronto as settling place, is my plan to stay in Vancouver ok? Will there be any problem from immigration point of view?
I will be waiting for your experienced comments and suggestion eagerly.
Best regards,
LB.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
Will not be any problem. Many people do just that. As long as you land in British Canada and the address you provide for the PR card is Canadian, your apprach will be fine.

We will all appreciate if you could update your case on trackitt.com and also share your experience witht the immigration process and timelines on this forum.

littleboy

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks a lot for providing the info.
I applied in the old application system, so I am not sure about the help you may get from my experience :). Though I am presenting my timelines:

About me: I am a BSc. degree holder in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh with around 5 years university teaching experience. My IELTS score was 7.5 with at least 7.0 in each band.
My wife is a BSc degree holder in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bangladesh as well, with around 2 years university teaching experience.

Story:
I came to Australia for doing PhD in June 2006.
I applied for canadian immigration in Aug 2006. (Just before 1 week of my IELTS's expiration (1 year old))
I added my new born son in Jan 2007.
I received letter for resubmission of few documents in July 2008.
(There had been few issues regarding this. Please see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t9698.0.html for details.)
I received letter to do medical and police verification in Feb 2009.
I got passport stamped in Mar 2009.
I have been given deadline 10 Feb 2010 to enter Canada.
NB. I did not use any lawyear.
Money needed : application submission : 550(me)+550 (wife)+150(1 daughter) AUD
adding son : 150 AUD
Medical : around 1100 AUD total for 4 persons
Police clearance : around 250-300 AUD total for 2 persons
Right of permanent residence fee : 620x2 AUD
Thats all what I have in my mind right now. :)

I am really grateful for the forum as there are many kind hearted persons willing to advise.
Best regards,
LB

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi Littleboy,
I was wondering if you could help me, I and my wife have applied for emigration visa; the question is about work experience in university. I am not sure on what conditions you were hired but did you claim full time experience, I know that most teachers/tutors do not work 40h/week, sometimes it hardly goes over 20h per week. Can you still claim full time experience? This is very specific for academic jobs, and you hardly do more 15/20 hours per week, just not sure how CIC is treating this type of employment.
Thank you for any tips on that.
Gregeor

littleboy

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Gregor,
The universities in my country usually university teachers are given the respensibility of giving lectures, taking labs, marking exams, making questions and as well as consultancy. My and my wife's contracts was full time basis.
Hope this will help.
LB.