+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about adding spouse to EE application after COPR

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
Hello everyone, My COPR might come anytime within 2-3 months and most probably since I did my medicals this month itself, my COPR might have validity till March 2025 and my marriage is planned for Dec 2024. I want to know when will be the best time to update IRCC about this change. Will it be better to raise a webform once I am married in Dec with all the documents ready for my spouse? Also once I raise the webform, they will cancel my current COPR anyway so it wont matter that the validity of the COPR is only till March 2025. Correct?

I am new here and looking forward to some guidance since I am doing the whole immigration process on my own without help of any agency. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
there is no best time, you HAVE to inform IRCC of change in martial status as soon as it changes. Raise a webform once you are married in Dec 2024

Good luck!

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
there is no best time, you HAVE to inform IRCC of change in martial status as soon as it changes. Raise a webform once you are married in Dec 2024

Good luck!
Yes, that I shall definitely do that. Will definitely not hide it, just wanted to know the best time and way to inform them. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: CNP