+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries on Application submission after receiving ITA

ast1980

Dec 18, 2016
Hello,

I have received ITA and is in the process to fill in the application form. I need your help regarding my following queries:

1. I and my wife have to renew our passports since we have not updated our Marital status on our respective passports', after which our passport numbers will change. Shall we fill in the application form only after receiving new passport numbers or we can fill in with the existing passport numbers (which we have given while applying for Express Entry Form)and subsequently renew our passports.

2. We have a 9 month old daughter who doesn't have a passport yet. Should we get her passport made first and then submit the application Or Can we tick "No" in the Travel document section for her and submit the form.

3. What documents are required from my relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen to claim the points

Kindly help to answer my queries at the earliest possible.

Best Regards,

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
1. Put the latest renewed passport number. At the upload section you can upload the old passport pages

2. Normally all accompanying applicants require a valid passport. However I am uncertain about the age.

3. Get these documents(from cic website)
(i). A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
(ii). Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
(iii). Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).

ast1980

Dec 18, 2016
Thanks Marty for answering my queries.

Can you or someone please help to answer my query on POF

1- I have enough Settlement funds i.e liquid funds to show to the Canadian Immigration Officer in the form of FD's, Mutual Funds, EPF, PPF etc
2- However, I have purchased two apartments by taking bank loans which is still under construction. It might be difficult to get possession letter from the Builder before I have to submit my documents.

Q1: Do I need to show to the Immigration Officer how I am able to offset this liability (Bank Loans) against my Assets?
Q2: If yes, can the apartment be treated as an Asset? (I haven't still received the possession letter)
Q3: Is Immigration Officer concerned with the Settlement funds only?

Thanks and Regards

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
You can start filling forms with the old passport details so that you can complete forms and create a documents checklist. Before you submit the application you can upload the new passport and change the passport details in forms.

You will definitely need to get a passport for your 9 month old. You will eventually need to travel to Canada. Best is to apply for new passport for all of 3 you.

ast1980 said:
Hello,

I have received ITA and is in the process to fill in the application form. I need your help regarding my following queries:

1. I and my wife have to renew our passports since we have not updated our Marital status on our respective passports', after which our passport numbers will change. Shall we fill in the application form only after receiving new passport numbers or we can fill in with the existing passport numbers (which we have given while applying for Express Entry Form)and subsequently renew our passports.

2. We have a 9 month old daughter who doesn't have a passport yet. Should we get her passport made first and then submit the application Or Can we tick "No" in the Travel document section for her and submit the form.

3. What documents are required from my relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen to claim the points

Kindly help to answer my queries at the earliest possible.

Best Regards,

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
ast1980 said:
Thanks Marty for answering my queries.

Can you or someone please help to answer my query on POF

1- I have enough Settlement funds i.e liquid funds to show to the Canadian Immigration Officer in the form of FD's, Mutual Funds, EPF, PPF etc
2- However, I have purchased two apartments by taking bank loans which is still under construction. It might be difficult to get possession letter from the Builder before I have to submit my documents.

Q1: Do I need to show to the Immigration Officer how I am able to offset this liability (Bank Loans) against my Assets? -this is only for calculation of Net worth. IRCC only wants to know whether the funds available with you are not due to any personal bank loans
Q2: If yes, can the apartment be treated as an Asset? (I haven't still received the possession letter)
Q3: Is Immigration Officer concerned with the Settlement funds only? - Yes. you can showcase your liquid funds in bank letter. Not sure of liquid/equity mutual funds. seniors in the forum have advised to liquidate the mutual funds and show the redemption statement as proof

Thanks and Regards