+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries about Address History and Personal History

eses66

Oct 30, 2015
I have the following questions regarding address history:

1. I have lived in five rented apartments over the last 10 years, all in the same area. Except for the one in my passport, I don't have any other proof of living in any other apartments. Do I have to present proof for all the addresses?

2. Most of my apartment numbers are of the format XXX/Y (eg. House 500/3) whereas in CIC I can only put a single number under apartment number. Should I omit the apartment number altogether or put them under street address?

3. My spouse and I did not have same address even after marriage because of our job location. In my passport, I have used my parents' address. Would having different addresses after marriage create any problem?

4. Do I need to explain a short gap of 4 months (the period of taking preparation for my university admission) under my personal history? Should I put that as "Education" or "Unemployed"?

Thank you.

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Hi,

1. I have lived in five rented apartments over the last 10 years, all in the same area. Except for the one in my passport, I don't have any other proof of living in any other apartments. Do I have to present proof for all the addresses?
proof of addresses are not requested.you can state that you shared with someone as roommate if incase asked !

2. Most of my apartment numbers are of the format XXX/Y (eg. House 500/3) whereas in CIC I can only put a single number under apartment number. Should I omit the apartment number altogether or put them under street address?
Special characters are accepted in address lines.use it legitimately

3. My spouse and I did not have same address even after marriage because of our job location. In my passport, I have used my parents' address. Would having different addresses after marriage create any problem?
its ok not to worry

4. Do I need to explain a short gap of 4 months (the period of taking preparation for my university admission) under my personal history? Should I put that as "Education" or "Unemployed"?
you have to select unemployed

Thank you.

eses66

Oct 30, 2015
One more thing. I studied in a residential school. Should my address be my home or the school address for that period of study?

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
prkartik said:
its ok not to worry I had same situation - just elaborate in the Letter of Explanation ( i went ahead and specified distance in KMS so daily commute was issue. so the Visa Officer understands better and there's no room for any Question Mark on their end. For PCC that becomes a Question - let me know if you need clarity on that one

you have to select unemployed you can specify the "prep" bit in the detailing section after Unemployment as suggested.

Thank you.

eses66

Oct 30, 2015
Could you please let me know what problem might arise for PCC? At present i live both at my parent's home and my husband's home by rotation. But my passport contains my parent's address as my current address.
However, my husband hasn't updated his passport and his passport contains his permanent address which at that point was also his present address.
Both of us applied for PCC which will occur at the respective addresses mentioned in our passports. Should i explain all these in LOE?

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Hopefully you can help me. In the 'address history' section I' unsure about what the put regarding the following situation.

My permanent address is in my country of citizenship (Belgium) but I went to Canada for a total of 5 months. I lived in Toronto for 4 months doing an internship for my company in Belgium. I lived in one and the same flat in Toronto that my company rented for me. Do I mention the address in Toronto in the 'address history' section?

Also, after my internship in Toronto, I travelled to British Columbia where I stayed in hostels.

I'm not sure what option to fill out for the period of my 5 month stint in Canada:
1) my permanent address in Belgium
2) address in Toronto for the whole 5 months
3) address in Toronto for first 4 months and for the month in BC put permanent address in Belgium?

Thanks guys!

shanitin14

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Guys, I received a message that

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature covering the period of 2007/08 to 2009/07

Do I need to provide only for period 2007/08 to 2009/07?

What does that mean?

raj0808

Aug 1, 2018
Hi
Could you please let me know what problem might arise for PCC? At present i live both at my parent's home and my husband's home by rotation. But my passport contains my parent's address as my current address.
However, my husband hasn't updated his passport and his passport contains his permanent address which at that point was also his present address.
Both of us applied for PCC which will occur at the respective addresses mentioned in our passports. Should i explain all these in LOE?
Hi... Me and my wife too have different addresses on passport. Is that an issue? How did you approach your case? Was there any questioning etc about it ?... Thank you in advance,

kollynz_an

May 15, 2018
I am the principal applicant, and I just noticed that while filling the eAPR form, my spouses contact address on our marriage certificate did not match with the address on her address history at the time, though the address was listed in her contact history, but the dates did not match. The date on our marriage cert is her parents family address, while the address in personal history for that period is her own personal address.

Also, at the time we got married, her job was not stable (marketing without salary and all), so she filled ''Applicant'' as her occupation on the marriage certificate, but we filled the name of the company in her personal work history.

Please, are these red flags?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi

Hi... Me and my wife too have different addresses on passport. Is that an issue? How did you approach your case? Was there any questioning etc about it ?... Thank you in advance,
My case is also the same and I don't think it matters. Passports are valid for 10 years so you can get married while you both had passports from different places :). I'm sure there will be many couples in situation same as ours. You shouldn't worry about this.

rohan.more

Dec 18, 2017
Hi,

I am in similar position and wanted to know understand how to proceed -

I was working in my home country for a firm, I was deployed to US for 4 months by this firm and then returned back to work from my home country. Do I need to create 2 separate rows in the Personal History section for this with the same employer? If yes, do I need to do the same in the Work History section.

I am going to include this tenure in the address and travel history section, just not clear whether to include it in Personal History section separately.