Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Maxsharma12 said:
For all quebec study inquiries ... :)
Pm or reply to this post ... :)
Hi Maxsharma, Good on you for helping people here. I am moving to Montreal this week. Everything finalized.

Quick question since you have been there for a while : Part time jobs and English speaking. Where and how to
find them?

Cheers.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been here since 2014 . And if you can speak good english , then you can find part time jobs easily ..!

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hussain Junejo said:
Hows life in Montreal specially during winters?
Job opportunities for
-Skilled jobs
&
-Part time jobs.
Life in Montreal is very good ! There are lots of places to visit . Summer time looks like heaven !
The best thing about Montreal is the people which are too friendly and living expenses which are very less as compare to other provinces .Besides this, In winters , the highways and main roads are always well cleaned and maintained , other than that sometimes weather is unpredictable . All of sudden , you can have sunshine along with rain , and later on snow .....!
If you have a good experience in your domain then you can easily have a well paid skilled job ,apart from this,for part time jobs, Mostly ,you can find restaurant jobs or call center jobs and delivery jobs .
Hope it helps :)

mj1982

Jan 3, 2017
Hi guys!..im new in this forum...i would like to ask about the life in labal quebec?..is their a aprt time job for the students?..

Thanks!

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj1982 said:
Hi guys!..im new in this forum...i would like to ask about the life in labal quebec?..is their a aprt time job for the students?..

Thanks!
Can you share your profile ,please ?

mj1982

Jan 3, 2017
For now,im waiting for my application on study permit....i enrolled in Sir wilfrid laurrier school baord in laval quebec...my classes will start this coming february..

Thanks

bitu225

Aug 12, 2014
Hi.

I'm interested in DEP 1800 hours program for immigration purposes. Does anyone have a list of program available? I need the program to be in English. So far I'm looking at Lassalle, CID...(dental assistant, professional cook). Really appreciate any input.

bitu225

Aug 12, 2014
I managed to find a list of program. Some programs that I'm interested in are only 1500 hours (hairdressing). Do I have to pick 1800 hours program or there is other ways to bridge this 1500 hours program to 1800 hours.

Thanks

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bitu225 said:
I managed to find a list of program. Some programs that I'm interested in are only 1500 hours (hairdressing). Do I have to pick 1800 hours program or there is other ways to bridge this 1500 hours program to 1800 hours.

Thanks
I will advise you to stick with an 1800 hours program ,if you want to have a three year POst graduation Work Permit without any difficulty ! :)

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hey Maxsharma

Thanks for helping people out.

I have about 10 years of experience in IT with some years spent in US for onsite work and 32 years young. I am planning to move to Canada for a PR and looking for a program in IT which can help me in achieving it

Questions

1. Should it be 2 years program only ? if yes, anything related to IT will work or do they have any specific requirement for specific skills in IT such as DBA ?

2. Is it easy relatively easy to get a PR in quebec as compared to other provinces.

Appreciate your help

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
economicalindian said:
1. Should it be 2 years program only ?
People mostly go for 2years program to obtain 3 year Work Permit. 1 year program will give you only 1 year Work Permit

economicalindian said:
2. Is it easy relatively easy to get a PR in quebec as compared to other provinces.
If compared to BC and Ontario I'd say YES. But Manitoba and other states have also good PR policies.

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hussain Junejo said:
People mostly go for 2years program to obtain 3 year Work Permit. 1 year program will give you only 1 year Work Permit

If compared to BC and Ontario I'd say YES. But Manitoba and other states have also good PR policies.
Thanks for the helpful response.

PriteshG

Jan 9, 2017
Hey,
Thanks a lot for doing this. Really.
I am planning on enrolling for masters on september 17 intake, my main aim is to get a pr and settle there.
With that in mind, I have learnt from multiple sources that Quebec is the easiest place to get a PR approved, is this true? What is the dependency of knowing french when it comes to pr approval?
Objectively, are there better cities I should try if my main aim is to get a pr no matter what?
And finally my background is I am a graduate of Computer engineering with no work experience, which courses should I apply for which are in demand in the IT sector?