+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker

shik2011

Nov 14, 2011
Hi ,
Just Enquiring about Quebec Skilled visa
My qualification is 3 yr certificate course in Tool and die maker(dies n moulds) and i learnt 120 hr software course in auto-cad along with that. I think my qualification should relate to the category 'machining techniques' mentioned in section A of quebec's areas of training list. But my work experience is in Drafting of 'Mechanical shaft seals' using auto-cad software.
My major duties were-

To Operate Conventional Lathe, Miling and drilling Machines

To plan the sequence of machining operations to be performed by studying engineering drawings ( CAD or manual ) or studying sample’s provided.

To measure the work pieces while machining operations to maintain the tolerances given

To set up and operate a variety of machine tools for machining operations such as milling, boring ,drilling and other machining operations.
To assemble the manufactured parts using hand tolls.

To confirm the accuracy and specifications of the manufactured products using precision measuring instruments such as vernier calliper

To follow the times frames to finish the given job

So my question , can i still apply with this experience under machining techniques category or not? I am single and I have more than 7 in each module in IELTS test.
I calculated my score below :-
Education: 10 ( 3 yrs Diploma in Tool an Die maker)
Areas Of Training ( Section A of the Areas):- 16 pts
Work Experience: 06 ( 24 to 35 months )
Family in Quebec:- 0
English Language:- 06 points( More than 7 in each module)
Financial Self Sufficiency:- 01

Current Score : 55 Points
Do I still need to sit for french test if I am scoring 55 points.

Thanks

coolvanillasky

Star Member
Oct 25, 2011
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shik, I wish to know if you have officially applied for your QSW visa?