+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec skilled worker

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Start by looking for jobs online, set up some interviews and then come to Canada to check things out. If you actually get a job on that trip, then go home again, quit your job, take care of other things you need to take care of and then move. If you don't get a job on that trip, you can try again in a year.

You just have to make sure you land before your PR visa expires if you didn't already.

Here are some job search websites:

http://www.canadavisa.com/career_zone/canadian-immigration-job-search.htm
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/
http://www.eluta.ca/
http://www.monster.ca/
http://www.workopolis.com/

vanmile

Apr 8, 2010
Hi,

Thank you LEON for the info, but will I be able to apply online even if i'm not there yet, i mean will any employer consider my application or do they prefer to contact an already existing person? Can the employer wait few months for me to go there and get the PR etc...?
Thanks again..

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
Shahi,
Were you already taking classes at the time of application submission? I am trying to register for french basic sometime mid of May, the earliest I could get. I can attach the payment and registarion slip with the application, but I dont wish to wait until the classes start for submitting my application for immigration. I am seeking your opinion.

A

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi Ali,
i am in level 5...well about ur question..good idea to attach your registration slip..but make sure wen u go for interview..u r able to speak and understand basic french...i hope u have sufficient points with basic french...!! There are other seniors on this thread on this thread..they will be in a better position to advise...wat say seniors??

Regards,
Shahi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanmile, wait until you get the PR visa and when you contact the employers, tell them that you already have PR and that you are moving to Canada as soon as you find a job. Ask them if you can interview. It is very hard to get a job offer if you don't have PR because that means some hassle for the employer but you would already be coming with PR so the only problem for the employer is that you can not start right away.

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
Shahi,
At this point in time, I dont speak French at all. I will be able to join classes probably in 3 months time. Because of financial restraints, most of the language schools here are closed during summer. I do still want to apply as soon as possible (if it is still a good option compare to waiting for a while).
Is it utmost important for one to demonstrate French language skills during interview? What are the chances one is allow to proceed without an interview? How long after submitting the application one usually receive an interview call. Is there any possibility of being rejected on this grounds (even though French language skills is not mandatory as I understood)

Thanks
Ali

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi Ali,

Well to be honest i m also a newbie as such in terms of experience of immigration. So i can suggest you whatever i i know. Even if without french you are getting enough points to apply, still french is necessary for your adaptation and integration in quebec. highly unlikely you will get a postitve response without it. However if u know basic french i guess that gives u a way better chance. Other seniors will also help you on this.

Regards,
Shahi

drwamin

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
HI,
CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT AER THE REQUIRMENTS OF QUBEEC.
I AM A DOCTOR HAVING FOR YEAR OF EXPERINCE AS GENERAL PHYSICIAN.

WHAT IS THE CRITERIA, AND WHO CAN QUALIFIY.

THANK YOU

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec has their own points system. It's hard to get enough points without French but if you have a good education, work experience etc., you may succeed. They have their points system explained in French at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf or if you do the self-assessment on the Quebec website at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html and put in no French and it still says you should apply then you are probably ok to apply.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi Leon,
great to hear from you. I need ur advice! All my documents are ready but my birth certificate was so old that i had to apply for a new one..but its a long process and has already delayed me two weeks and still i m waitng.. do u think my primary education sheet (having my DOB) is sufficient? will that be ok or create problem?

Regards,
Shahi

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
I need that information too. I have birth certificate which is just a copy and written in Urdu. I am wondering how can I acquire a notarized copy of the birth certificate

A

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Hi guys, please I have the following urgent enquiries.

1.) I am currently studying in Canada (Masters Degree) but I qualify for Quebec immigration based on my Bachelors degree (UK). Under the list of areas of training (degrees) it has a column for Quebec degrees or "equivalent". will a UK degree qualify as equivalent?

2.) I have been in Canada for 3 months now as a student - can I submit my Quebec skilled worker application in Canada (I prefer this) or to Office that processes applications from my Home Country?

3.) Will I score points under my uncompleted Masters degree if I enclose transcript?

Your speedy response will be most appreciated.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello All

Please let me know three questions..plz its urgent

1. In Form IMM 008 the category is Economic or Other for CSQ?
2.Which is the office to be filled in IMM008... Hong Kong or New Delhi?
3. Do we have to notarize the copy of form IMM008 which has to be sent to hong Kong office?

Regards,
Shahi

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Hi,

For those coming to Quebec without learning French, let me tell you it's not a good idea. Outside of Montreal, you won't find much people speaking English much less another language. If you have an interview, it will likely be in French, if you somehow make it without one, you will still have to learn French because most employers will expect you to have a certain degree of knowledge in French unless you want to work in a supermarket, it doesn't have to be perfect French because, as fate would have it (and mocking us as well), even actual French or native French speakers from other countries can't understand much of the variety of French spoken in Quebec. Now to answer questions.

Chibiks,
1. I know it says equivalent but my understanding is that your degree is considered foreign so your degree will only qualify under the foreign column. Equivalent it seems to me is reserved for French degrees from France.
2. Have you only been 3 months in Canada at all? You must have lived legally at least 12 months in Canada to have your application processed in Canada.
3. No, only completed degrees count.

Shahi,

1. You can read the Guide for Quebec-Selected Applicants (IMM EQ7000) in order to fill IMM008. If you have IMM008, then you can find IMM EQ7000 since they're both on the same page at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/apply-application.asp Even though if you follow this guide up to the letter, sometimes CIC makes mistakes, do not be discouraged if this happens to you.

2. The office for IMM008 is the office where you're sending your application, not the office where you obtained your CSQ. Since I know there's a BIQ Hong Kong but not one for New Delhi, I would assume you're applying to New Delhi so fill that one in.

3. No, you send the original and you keep a copy for your records, and it's sent to New Delhi if it's for the Federal part of the process.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali,
I think Shahi is right to suggest that French language is important for the CSQ.
Although I am in FWS, I think if you can enroll in a French class somehow sooner, that would be much better.
And in case your French is not good, the chances that you will have an interview is quite high, I guess.

ali_12345 said:
Shahi,
At this point in time, I dont speak French at all. I will be able to join classes probably in 3 months time. Because of financial restraints, most of the language schools here are closed during summer. I do still want to apply as soon as possible (if it is still a good option compare to waiting for a while).
Is it utmost important for one to demonstrate French language skills during interview? What are the chances one is allow to proceed without an interview? How long after submitting the application one usually receive an interview call. Is there any possibility of being rejected on this grounds (even though French language skills is not mandatory as I understood)

Thanks
Ali