+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
If you apply with CSQ you are 99.9% sure that you will get PR one day (if don't mess up with the papers, of course). The problem is nobody knows when :)
EE is a little bit risky because of the draw and the other potential problems but definitely faster. If you take in consideration the Covid situation is very unlikely that you'll be able to come to Canada in a year even with EE. They are concentrate on inland candidates right now.

Massive draw today:

Canadian Experience Class

Number of invitations issued:

Rank required to be invited to apply: 27,332th or above

Date and time of round: February 13, 2021 at 11:56:56 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 75

Tie-breaking rule: September 12, 2020 at 15:31:40 UTC

Not an easy choice! Good luck!

By the way with 75 points your chances are slim, draws like this happens ones in 10 years.
Thanks for info !
So, i got the ITA today, need to decide on if there is any catch if i go ahead with EE PR as CSQ PR is just takes 2-3 yrs.

also what kind of potential problem you are referring ?

thanks for advise again!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thanks for info !
So, i got the ITA today, need to decide on if there is any catch if i go ahead with EE PR as CSQ PR is just takes 2-3 yrs.

also what kind of potential problem you are referring ?

thanks for advise again!
I didn’t know that you already applied! Congratulations! You shouldn’t wait for Quebec, go ahead.
Problems are all the papers you need to send, but I’m sure you already know how to handle it.

Reactions: Nikedev

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
I didn’t know that you already applied! Congratulations! You shouldn’t wait for Quebec, go ahead.
Problems are all the papers you need to send, but I’m sure you already know how to handle it.
Thanks!
So, I have valid CSQ and not yet applied for CSQ paper PR
-- Do i need to cancel my CSQ? before I apply for EE PR (I got ITA today) ?

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thanks!
So, I have valid CSQ and not yet applied for CSQ paper PR
-- Do i need to cancel my CSQ? before I apply for EE PR (I got ITA today) ?
if you didn’t apply for Quebec federal stage why do you want to cancel your CSQ? I don’t see a reason but I’m not an expert. Probably you should make a consultation with professional if you are not sure what to do.

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
the massive draw with 75points lol, i feel like what we are experienced and experiencing from QC are a big joke.....whatever , we do ALL requested on the listo_O

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
So I had overlooked this statement in XEP letter"
Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent
application number."
This means that they are gonna return our application if there is any error or something missing even if they start assessing it after years, so in this case the XEP that we have received is nothing more than a Canadapost Xpresspost tracking notice confirming the delivery of our application.
We are in limbo! look at the CEC (Express entry ) miracle!

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
When I first applied for CSQ, there was no Express Entry program, back in 2014.

It took 49 months them to issue my CSQ.
(Single & Bachelors in Computers Science & Masters in Software Engineering & Outland & Permanent Residency in EU)

Now, I am in my 26th month of federal process.
It makes total of 75 months = 6 years and 3 months

Still NO medical.

Reactions: ballak1984

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia

(Single & Bachelors in Computers Science & Masters in Software Engineering & Outland & Permanent Residency in EU)

Still NO medical.
Same here, I have started this rough journey in Nov 2015 and received the CSQ on Nov 2018. I am into my 25th Month and no MR yet.
Even if we receive the medical request, it does not mean our applications will be processed faster.... I do not want to sound negative, but I do not think outland applications will be processed this year.... I hope am wrong..... Good luck to all of us....

Reactions: dearmilkyway

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Same here, I have started this rough journey in Nov 2015 and received the CSQ on Nov 2018. I am into my 25th Month and no MR yet.
Even if we receive the medical request, it does not mean our applications will be processed faster.... I do not want to sound negative, but I do not think outland applications will be processed this year.... I hope am wrong..... Good luck to all of us....
What is the problem going on with outland applicants ?
  • Canadian citizens have no travel restrictions.
  • Permanent residents have no travel restrictions.
  • Temporary workers have no travel restrictions.
  • International students have no travel restrictions.
But if you are an approved permanent resident and if you want to land, it is NOT possible.
There is no justification or logical explanation of this situation.
Everybody can get sick, your legal status does not protect you or others from COVID.

As long as you have COPR, you should be able to land Canada with 14 days of quarantine.

Reactions: gtcan19

mkukku

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

Been following the forum almost daily since more than a year, learnt a lot and now it’s time to visit it for one last time and pay my debt...hope it shades light on some of you:

Applied: June 19
AOR: Aug 19
Police certificate request: Sept 20
Medicals request: 18 Jan 21
Medicals completed: 3 Feb 21
COPR: 12 Feb 21

(Inland, with past experience in 2 foreign countries for more than 6 months, applied with my wife)

We had a really crazy experience extending 3-4 times our work permits at last minute, but finally the nightmare is over.

Wish you all the best and hope all your files will be treated as soon as possible.

Cheers !
Congrats! I wanted to check with you as I had submitted my application along with the police certificate. Will they be asking again?
Regards,

Kumar

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

Still NO medical.
It took 5 years 8 months for CSQ and 20 months in federal processing for me. 88 months in total (till Nov 2020). It`s almost like 4 years double graduation on immigration processing for me…haha. Received COPR back in November but can`t travel due to restrictions….God knows how many months still I need to add in that 88 months.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
It took 5 years 8 months for CSQ and 20 months in federal processing for me. 88 months in total (till Nov 2020). It`s almost like 4 years double graduation on immigration processing for me…haha. Received COPR back in November but can`t travel due to restrictions….God knows how many months still I need to add in that 88 months.
Congrats! As long as you have COPR and passport back, you would be relieved.
Your 5 years 8 months CSQ process sounds like a real patience test.
I think after April 2021, they will lift those travelling restrictions and you could fly.

And, I see that your MR and DM durations are not that bad comparing to other applicants.
MR in 12 months, 5 days.
DM in 14 months, 12 days.

I still don't have MR even after 25 month, 7 days.

Wish you the best. Cheers.

• Sad
Reactions: gtcan19 and m-s

Leokun

May 25, 2018
What is the problem going on with outland applicants ?
  • Canadian citizens have no travel restrictions.
  • Permanent residents have no travel restrictions.
  • Temporary workers have no travel restrictions.
  • International students have no travel restrictions.
But if you are an approved permanent resident and if you want to land, it is NOT possible.
There is no justification or logical explanation of this situation.
Everybody can get sick, your legal status does not protect you or others from COVID.

As long as you have COPR, you should be able to land Canada with 14 days of quarantine.
I agree with you that if you have a Corp and you are willing to travel they should let you do it. I guess that they don't want to overload the system in Canada. I don't know how it is in your country but here everything is on hold the last two months.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I agree with you that if you have a Corp and you are willing to travel they should let you do it. I guess that they don't want to overload the system in Canada. I don't know how it is in your country but here everything is on hold the last two months.
Thanks for the reply.

I think a person who holds COPR exactly equals to a person who has a PR card.
But when they want to travel to Canada, there is a limitation.

I understand because of the overload they don't let tourists (TRV - Temporary - Travel Visa) to enter Canada but why they also don't let COPR holders?

As long as they have a 14 days quarantine plan, they should be able to travel like PR holders.

This is nothing but another way of clogging the whole country-wide immigration system.
Because of this enforcement, all other immigration related services would suffocate (such as PR card printing etc.).

Reactions: gtcan19