+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hi,

How long did it take for you to get the AOR?
Please bear in mind, the official timeline for Quebec Skilled Worker Program(only Federal Stage) is 19 months as of now. However, looking at the trend, people get their Passport Request nearly 22-23 months after they applied. So be prepared. This is irrespective of which country you applied from and which Visa Office(VO) processed your file.

Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) or UCI (unique client identified) or as also known as file number, is usually received within 30 to 90 days of the date when the application was delivered to CIO NS, Sydney. So be patient.

Hope this answers.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
hmmmm, let us hope the best for all. I thought things would move on much faster at the federal stage. A friend of mine has got the CSQ in Jan 2018 and was asked for the the passports in Aug the same year.
Are you sure he was a Quebec Skilled Worker Applicant?

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Well, 15-17 months are too long! I have been surfing this forum and got to know that some have even received the AOR after 24 hours of sending in the PR application to IRRC!
I believe VO is the Visa Office, right? how would you get to know what VO are we?
You get AoR in 24 hours only when you submit your application through express entry program. The logic is simple, its an online submission so you are bound to get an acknowledgement quickly since its a computer sending you a response, unlike Quebec Skilled worker program where an immigration officer manually reviews all your documentation and then sends you an AoR, which off course will take anything between 60-90 days depending upon the number of applications received by CIC at that point in time.

Thanks.

Reactions: ballak1984

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
The current waiting period seems to be the longest. Files are not moving ahead. I am in the IP2 phase since over 3 months now and there is no progress. The process seems to have just stopped completely for CSQ applicants across various stages. However there is a bright chance of seeing a lot of movement in this month. Lets hope for the best!

Don't worry, you will be successful in the end. I can guarantee you that. Just relax, your countdown has already begun.

Cheers!

Reactions: FromINDIA2674

kcbombay

Jan 1, 2011
Please bear in mind, the official timeline for Quebec Skilled Worker Program(only Federal Stage) is 19 months as of now. However, looking at the trend, people get their Passport Request nearly 22-23 months after they applied. So be prepared. This is irrespective of which country you applied from and which Visa Office(VO) processed your file.

Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) or UCI (unique client identified) or as also known as file number, is usually received within 30 to 90 days of the date when the application was delivered to CIO NS, Sydney. So be patient.

Hope this answers.
I have heard of certain group of Applicants(no evidence though) petitioning the Minister of Immigration in Canadian and drawing his attention to long delays in application processes.
From what i see, it might be a manpower constraint and the pressure could trigger the authorities to deploy more resources to fastrack this process. 19 months is very discouraging and now i hear 22-23 months ! Certainly, there is something abut the process that needs to be urgently addressed and improved upon !

What do you think, friend(s)? Can we explore this petition Option? Can we reach out to authorities? You never can tell. All things are possible

kcbombay

Jan 1, 2011
PROPOSAL TO ADDRESS THE LONG PROCESSING TIMELINE FOR QSW:

I have heard of certain groups of Applicants(no evidence though) petitioning the Minister of Immigration in Canadian and drawing his attention to long delays in application processes (not QSW)

From what i see, it might be a serious manpower constraint and the right pressure from concerned applicants could trigger the authorities to deploy more resources to fastrack and improve this process. 19 months is very discouraging and now i hear 22-23 months ! Certainly, there is something about the process that needs to be urgently addressed and improved upon !

What do you think, friend(s)? Can we explore this petition Option? Can we reach out to authorities? You never can tell. All things are possible

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hello guys,
When you passed the Eligibility, Security and criminality ( Background check is completed and over ) and then CIC sends you Instructions for Medical and PCC request from your home country. When you provide all these information, when do you think the Decision Made (DM) and PPR email could be sent out to you?
At this stage, and since background check is completed, normally things should not take longer, right?
I know some people who get Medical Request back in September 2018 and still are waiting for Decision Made. Do you think Decision can be made if background checks is not over and not completed yet?

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hello guys,
When you passed the Eligibility, Security and criminality ( Background check is completed and over ) and then CIC sends you Instructions for Medical and PCC request from your home country. When you provide all these information, when do you think the Decision Made (DM) and PPR email could be sent out to you?
At this stage, and since background check is completed, normally things should not take longer, right?
I know some people who get Medical Request back in September 2018 and still are waiting for Decision Made. Do you think Decision can be made if background checks is not over and not completed yet?
Hi ab50037, may I know when you get the PCC request? We passed our medicals 2 weeks ago and now we are waiting for CIC to send the letter to get the PCC in a country we lived in. Our application was received on 29 November 2017, so it's been 14 months. From an other forum, I know lots of people get DM after 3 to 4 months after medicals.

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hello friends,
My time line is Aug 2017 federal file
Nov 2017 aor
Medicals and rprf ,everything done and passed
My BACKGROUND check is going on since June 2018.
After that no update I send them few mails they said everything good ,call them yesterday they said medical, eligibility, criminality passed but BACKGROUND check is still going on .
So frustrating to wait for that long .
Applied for gcms notes ,hope to receive them soon .
Anyone have idea why they taking so l

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Hope this answers.
Thanks, that was really helpful.

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hello friends,
My time line is Aug 2017 federal file
Nov 2017 aor
Medicals and rprf ,everything done and passed
My BACKGROUND check is going on since June 2018.
After that no update I send them few mails they said everything good ,call them yesterday they said medical, eligibility, criminality passed but BACKGROUND check is still going on .
So frustrating to wait for that long .
Applied for gcms notes ,hope to receive them soon .
Anyone have idea why they taking so l
If your background check is not finished and completed, they cannot move forward on your application, be a little patient.

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hi ab50037, may I know when you get the PCC request? We passed our medicals 2 weeks ago and now we are waiting for CIC to send the letter to get the PCC in a country we lived in. Our application was received on 29 November 2017, so it's been 14 months. From an other forum, I know lots of people get DM after 3 to 4 months after medicals.
I got the PCC request along with the Medical request. I will do medical next week and together with the PCC, will send them out to CIC. So you see, in a nutshell, I got background check completed, application in a queue for review, then Medical request along with PCC. So my question was: how long will I wait to get Decision Made and PPC, since my process is over? It is been 19 months that I have been in this process.
Also those waiting for 3 to 4 months before getting DM after medical, was their background check over before, during or after that period? Do you know?