+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
Hi @Amir-IR,
did you check this link before,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=172&top=17
Only in some cases. You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if:
  • you, your spouse or parents have a valid study or work permit,
  • you have a work permit for one job but want to apply for a work permit for a different job,
  • you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more, or
  • you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.
Personally I don't believe the IRCC agents who response to our calls, because I never get the same response if I called for the same issue two times.

They are human and they response according to what they understood, or how they want to understand the situation.

but definitely what they said is not logic
Hi Ahmed,
Thanks for your response.
He said that under any circumstances, the one who is residing in Canada under visitor status, cannot apply work permit through online system, and he/she has to send application outside of Canada. He also sent me an email indicating all required items.
As you may know, you have to give biometrics when applying for work permit outside Canada. Unfortunately, I cannot go to New York to give biometrics, since I do not have US visa and re-entry visa. This is my biggest problem and I am still thinking how to deal with it.

Cheers,
Amir

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi Ahmed,
Thanks for your response.
He said that under any circumstances, the one who is residing in Canada under visitor status, cannot apply work permit through online system, and he/she has to send application outside of Canada. He also sent me an email indicating all required items.
As you may know, you have to give biometrics when applying for work permit outside Canada. Unfortunately, I cannot go to New York to give biometrics, since I do not have US visa and re-entry visa. This is my biggest problem and I am still thinking how to deal with it.

Cheers,
Amir
I believe you can still try to apply through the online system no matter what, why not (the Agent is not the Officer, so he/she does not make the decision)? The worst case is that you will not get it but you lose nothing, right?

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
I believe you can still try to apply through the online system no matter what, why not (the Agent is not the Officer, so he/she does not make the decision)? The worst case is that you will not get it but you lose nothing, right?
Thanks man.
You are right! Unfortunately, if I am rejected, I will lose both my job and also status in Canada. I'll try to call IRCC again and ask them about the biometrics.

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Thanks man.
You are right! Unfortunately, if I am rejected, I will lose both my job and also status in Canada. I'll try to call IRCC again and ask them about the biometrics.
If they reject your WP application, you'll still have your Visitor Status in Canada!

Since you do not have a valid WP as of now (no matter you have a job offer or not), technically you do not have a job right now, correct? If you do not have a job, then how come you'll lose your job?

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
If they reject your WP application, you'll still have your Visitor Status in Canada!

Since you do not have a valid WP as of now (no matter you have a job offer or not), technically you do not have a job right now, correct? If you do not have a job, then how come you'll lose your job?
Yes, I am jobless right now....I will receive my postdoc offer in two weeks and willing to apply for work permit with my offer.
The University told me that I can conditionally work as a postdoc until I receive the hard copy.
I am now under implied visitor status and have not received my visitor permit yet. It will take around 115 days. Really confusing situation!!

Last edited:

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
After waiting since 23rd March (AOR received ) I sent off a case specific enquiry to LVO. Their generic response is below:

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,

CKB

Client Service Unit
Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

Email – courriel : ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

unitedkingdom.gc.ca| royaume-uni.gc.ca

The only plus point that I know that my case officer is CKB. Does anyone else have the same person as their visa officer?

kannan.sethu

Apr 5, 2016
If i were to request for notes, can you guys advice what selections i should make to get them?
is it under privacy act or the other one?

strider07

Sep 29, 2017
Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum, and updated the spreadsheet with my info. Somewhat relieved to see so many others waiting with frustration for their files to be processed. I must say, Quebec seems to intentionally make it worse for immigrants! :) I applied for my CSQ way back in 2014, and I've personally known at least half a dozen people who applied to other provinces in Canada after me, and have happily settled in their new homes by now.

A propos, I had a couple of questions regarding change in family situation. I tried looking for answers online, but I'd really appreciate any pointers you can give me. I just got married 3 months back, and I've sent the update to the office handling my federal file. For now, we've decided to indicate that my wife will not be accompanying me, in order to make sure that at least my file gets processed quickly. So I have following questions:

1. In the letter accompanying my CSQ, it says "Veuillez noter que tout changement de votre situation familiale entrainera une nouvelle evaluation de votre demande de CSQ". Does that mean I have to send information about my wife to MIDI Quebec and they'll re-evaluate my CSQ, even if she is not accompanying me? They took 3 years last time to give me CSQ, if they want to repeat that, I think I'll have drop the whole plan!

2. What, in your opinion, is the best way for my wife to obtain a PR? She has an MBA and can qualify under Express Entry as well, but we are not sure if she lands up outside of Quebec, how long we will have to live apart before one of us can move into the other province. If, on the other hand, I want to sponsor her in Quebec, what is the general timeline for it?

3. Lastly, can you suggest a good lawyer in Montreal whom we can have a consultation with (for a fees)? I called the offices of David Cohen, but they said they don't do family sponsorship.

Thanks a lot for your responses, and good luck to everyone!

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum, and updated the spreadsheet with my info. Somewhat relieved to see so many others waiting with frustration for their files to be processed. I must say, Quebec seems to intentionally make it worse for immigrants! :) I applied for my CSQ way back in 2014, and I've personally known at least half a dozen people who applied to other provinces in Canada after me, and have happily settled in their new homes by now.

A propos, I had a couple of questions regarding change in family situation. I tried looking for answers online, but I'd really appreciate any pointers you can give me. I just got married 3 months back, and I've sent the update to the office handling my federal file. For now, we've decided to indicate that my wife will not be accompanying me, in order to make sure that at least my file gets processed quickly. So I have following questions:

1. In the letter accompanying my CSQ, it says "Veuillez noter que tout changement de votre situation familiale entrainera une nouvelle evaluation de votre demande de CSQ". Does that mean I have to send information about my wife to MIDI Quebec and they'll re-evaluate my CSQ, even if she is not accompanying me? They took 3 years last time to give me CSQ, if they want to repeat that, I think I'll have drop the whole plan!

2. What, in your opinion, is the best way for my wife to obtain a PR? She has an MBA and can qualify under Express Entry as well, but we are not sure if she lands up outside of Quebec, how long we will have to live apart before one of us can move into the other province. If, on the other hand, I want to sponsor her in Quebec, what is the general timeline for it?

3. Lastly, can you suggest a good lawyer in Montreal whom we can have a consultation with (for a fees)? I called the offices of David Cohen, but they said they don't do family sponsorship.

Thanks a lot for your responses, and good luck to everyone!
1. Yes as per i know MIDI needs to be updated if there is any change in applicants family status ... Others please chime in if they have any different info/opinion ?
2. Looking at current delays in overall Quebec process ( i am not sure on your federal timelines) and other delays which you might face due to changed family status in Quebec and federal stage , i can say you should initiate your spouse EE it will be way faster .
3.green & spiegel are one of the best in Canada , they are Toronto based but i am sure they will be handling family sponsorship ..

Good luck ...

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Yes, I am jobless right now....I will receive my postdoc offer in two weeks and willing to apply for work permit with my offer.
The University told me that I can conditionally work as a postdoc until I receive the hard copy.
I am now under implied visitor status and have not received my visitor permit yet. It will take around 115 days. Really confusing situation!!
"If a visitor in Canada applies for and is refused a work or study permit, their visitor status is not affected." - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/inland.asp

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Expect something from mid Oct as there is long weekend coming up ...

Reactions: tanvirmustan

sherry2008

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
On September14,I received a reminder mail for rprf from Sydney cio.
I called cic, cic told me that my file was still Sydney cio. I am inland. My uci was received on April 12, 2017. Does anyone have the same situation?

Last edited: