+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@minesweeper
MyCIC:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

eCAS:
  1. Nous avons reçu votre demande de résidence permanente le 13 février 2017.
  2. Nous vous avons envoyé de la correspondance accusant réception de votre ou de vos demande(s) le 10 mars 2017.
  3. Nous avons commencé le traitement de votre demande le 10 mars 2017.
(Sorry, signed in in French... its in progress, started treating same day as AOR)
And yeah... it looks like it's still at the CIO....
No PCC submitted yet your BG is in process. Maybe they started your SS started without your PCC. Good to know. Thanks.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Why would that delay it though... I did exactly as they say...

Canada

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No
Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check
How to get a Police Certificate:
If you are not a citizen of Canada:
If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

Netherlands:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must provide that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.
Name of document(s) to get: Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag - VOG)
Ok. Now that makes sense to me.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
No PCC submitted yet your BG is in process. Maybe they started your SS started without your PCC. Good to know. Thanks.
"Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." is generic message and for inland/US applicants it is observed that this status is there right from inception..

Reactions: minesweeper

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
"Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." is generic message and for inland/US applicants it is observed that this status is there right from inception..
I am an outland applicant and my BG status changed from progress to we are processing your background check etc ...the day after my AOR which is the day the started processing my file. .My cic account notes are exactly the same as mriekje's and that was since march 9 th. I received an email notification to that effect.
you can read my comments here, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-skilled-worker-federal-stage-after-csq.298038/page-749#post-6320721

to know what happened to the notes in my CIC account before and after AOR

Last edited:

taemee

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
I just received my 2nd GCMS notes. Request date on it is 08/30/2017
Nothing different from the previous notes that I received dated 07/18/2017... Except!!!
in previous version on the 2nd last page under the NOTES, Notes:1 was from 2017/02/18 and with
Text: Received white mail Jan 26 2017 Schedule A X2 ****** Police report.........
(This is when I had submitted my police certificates..)

in the latest GCMS Notes on the 2nd last page under the same heading Notes1 is now different. here it is:
Notes: 1
Create Date: 2017/08/18 09:25:34
etc
etc
etc
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: (There was something but I think it is hidden.. clearly.. because it is partially visible..)

So someone did open my file exactly a month after my previous GCMS notes were created. If this was simply due to the 2nd request then i didnt see any Note created in the previous version due to the first GCMS request.. So I guess someone moved their fingers a little and took a look at my file and decided not to do anything.. I was really hoping to get MR around this time.. though. :( Even wrote an entire philosophical note in this thread to give myself a bit of... you know.. legitimacy.. :(

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Actually no... it used to say "background check has not started" or something like that

Reactions: poisonapple

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Actually no... it used to say "background check has not started" or something like that
same with me. Mine used to say " in progress. next step is to conduct a background check" Based on reading some GCMS notes , i realised most applicants who have their BG in process right from the beginning are those who submitted a PCC upfront and their criminality says passed or in process. I also read that your criminality depends on the info from your PCC. Once the officer validates it, your BG will change to in process.

For those of you who have BG in process , who have sent in PCC and have ordered GCMS notes, can you confirm this ?

Reactions: poisonapple

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
same with me. Mine used to say " in progress. next step is to conduct a background check" Based on reading some GCMS notes , i realised most applicants who have their BG in process right from the beginning are those who submitted a PCC upfront and their criminality says passed or in process. I also read that your criminality depends on the info from your PCC. Once the officer validates it, your BG will change to in process.

For those of you who have BG in process , who have sent in PCC and have ordered GCMS notes, can you confirm this ?
Yeah I can confirm that I have sent all pcc's upfront and by BG was in process from beginning ... Have requested GCMS this month ...

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Yeah I can confirm that I have sent all pcc's upfront and by BG was in process from beginning ... Have requested GCMS this month ...
I would have done that if I could, but I can't get the one from the Dutch government without a letter from CIC requesting it :(
I thought about getting GCMS notes, but I don't expect much in there at this point.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
May be they updated their system recently and now they do not even want to disclose if Security is in progress.
Hmmm ... I think you are right I saw this trend on couple of GCMS notes on forums...

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I would have done that if I could, but I can't get the one from the Dutch government without a letter from CIC requesting it :(
I thought about getting GCMS notes, but I don't expect much in there at this point.
Yeah looking at your time line you should wait for sometime so there is enough notes on file to make any inferences ....

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I just received my 2nd GCMS notes. Request date on it is 08/30/2017
Nothing different from the previous notes that I received dated 07/18/2017... Except!!!
in previous version on the 2nd last page under the NOTES, Notes:1 was from 2017/02/18 and with
Text: Received white mail Jan 26 2017 Schedule A X2 ****** Police report.........
(This is when I had submitted my police certificates..)

in the latest GCMS Notes on the 2nd last page under the same heading Notes1 is now different. here it is:
Notes: 1
Create Date: 2017/08/18 09:25:34
etc
etc
etc
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: (There was something but I think it is hidden.. clearly.. because it is partially visible..)

So someone did open my file exactly a month after my previous GCMS notes were created. If this was simply due to the 2nd request then i didnt see any Note created in the previous version due to the first GCMS request.. So I guess someone moved their fingers a little and took a look at my file and decided not to do anything.. I was really hoping to get MR around this time.. though. :( Even wrote an entire philosophical note in this thread to give myself a bit of... you know.. legitimacy.. :(
@taemee

Feel sorry for you. :(

Most probably your file is stuck with CSIS on background check and CIC is waiting for CSIS response before they send out MR to you. As next step you can send out a request to CSIS to get your Immigration screening status. It's free and you can send out request in 5 min using free online fax.

https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php

I hope your background check finishes soon and you get to hear good news.

patel_sanket_1

Jul 29, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-08-2013
Doc's Request.
05-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
IELTS Request
Done Already
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
12-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
HMMM
VISA ISSUED...
God Help
LANDED..........
When God decided

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hi Friends,

NDVO has woken up from long sleep. I have recieved medical request today.
Congrats dear
What's your time line?