+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
I know :)..I'll see when I'll have the DM and Visa..but I don't think I want a rejection from us border.
Hello @MTL2MTL , There is a way where you can do landing in CIC office without any Appointment. CIC offices have walk-ins on every 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month. So you just need to stand inline, have your number & do your landing. Like first come first serve. Few of my friends did it in Ottawa CIC office. So you need to give a Call to Montreal CIC office for confirmation. Else you can always go to Ottawa.
Good Luck!!

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Who Got Medical Request 13 days back. Eitheplease tell me time line or call me on 9825075930 or give me your no so i can discussed with you.
I don't know them personally. the people who got Visas had AOR sept, october last year, while those who got MR and PPR got their AOR October, December and Jan

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @MTL2MTL , There is a way where you can do landing in CIC office without any Appointment. CIC offices have walk-ins on every 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month. So you just need to stand inline, have your number & do your landing. Like first come first serve. Few of my friends did it in Ottawa CIC office. So you need to give a Call to Montreal CIC office for confirmation. Else you can always go to Ottawa.
Good Luck!!
Waw I didn't know this and that's indeed very interesting!

Thank you very much!

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
Waw I didn't know this and that's indeed very interesting!

Thank you very much!
You're Welcome!! Infact even I am going to consider this option when I do my landing. Let me know how it goes for you.. And what Montreal CIC office has to say about it.

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MY background check changed from NA to

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
today.

Reactions: Mohsen77 and kikou

sreddy9

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

My case is a bit different. I recfeived my csq 1 month back. Got married last week

I am not planning to apply to federal with CSQ

I am planning to apply in express entry by moving out of the province.

Do i still need to inform quebec governement regarding my marriage.

My husband is in the country already received a work permit based on mine

If i do have, please share ciontact details to do the same

Thank you for the inputs

infopm

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-02-2018
Nomination.....
QSW
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Med's Request
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
28-02-2018
i haven't requested yet to the medical exam

as of today's status; the background checking has not started yet.
Similar timeline as mine . Awaiting MR since 4 months after AOR . ECAS not accessible

Mohsen77

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Iran
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
31/10/2016
Doc's Request.
24/4/2017
AOR Received.
16/02/2017
Med's Request
26/02/2017
Med's Done....
14/03/2017
Passport Req..
29/8/2017
Perhaps the same day when the status changed to DM. I mean yesterday.
Congratulations! Could you give your time line please?

Thanks

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Lol u look disappointed for the US part

I unfortunately had a very upsetting (and quite frankly, humiliating) experience last time I crossed the border. Without going into much detail, it basically involved the US agent looking at my passport (without even running it through the system), and telling me he would not process my entry permit while other people where also at the crossing waiting (I would assume that's what the line is for, but he was basically telling me everyone else had priority over me, even though i've had the appropriate visa for all my life). I told him I had arrived with the bus like everybody else, and he just called up the driver and told him to leave me behind...and that I would take another bus later. Even after there was nobody left, he kept me waiting while he chatted up with the other officer, which was followed by a long session of redundant questioning about my trip (which I had already done many times before in the exact same way to visit a family member in the US). My family member was waiting for me to pick me up, and I could not even let me him know that I was held up at the border because the officer told me I could not use my phone to call him.

That was even before the election.....considering how the political situation has unfolded over the last couple of months, I would rather not risk going through a similar experience again. =/... I hope you can understand.

I'll look into the other options the other members have been posting, they all look interesting!

Thanks again! =D

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I unfortunately had a very upsetting (and quite frankly, humiliating) experience last time I crossed the border. Without going into much detail, it basically involved the US agent looking at my passport (without even running it through the system), and telling me he would not process my entry permit while other people where also at the crossing waiting (I would assume that's what the line is for, but he was basically telling me everyone else had priority over me, even though i've had the appropriate visa for all my life). I told him I had arrived with the bus like everybody else, and he just called up the driver and told him to leave me behind...and that I would take another bus later. Even after there was nobody left, he kept me waiting while he chatted up with the other officer, which was followed by a long session of redundant questioning about my trip (which I had already done many times before in the exact same way to visit a family member in the US). My family member was waiting for me to pick me up, and I could not even let me him know that I was held up at the border because the officer told me I could not use my phone to call him.

That was even before the election.....considering how the political situation has unfolded over the last couple of months, I would rather not risk going through a similar experience again. =/... I hope you can understand.

I'll look into the other options the other members have been posting, they all look interesting!

Thanks again! =D
You can very well do PR formalities in Montreal .. couple of my friends are planning to take appointment , will let you the process , the best part SIN and RAMQ office are near by so you can get them updated ...

sindyxinli

Aug 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney -to- Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Congratulations! Could you give your time line please?

Thanks
Sure, just as my signature in the forum.

VO: Sydney -- Ottawa
App received: 2016-08-29; AOR:2016-11-24; RPRF: 2017-01-14;
MR: 2017-01-30; File transfer: 2017-02-03; Med done: 2017-02-09;
Background check changed to "N/A": 2017-06-09;
Additional doc request: 2017-06-14; Additional doc sent: 2017-06-21;
Background check changed back to "We are processing...": 2017-07-18;
DM: 2017-07-18.
still waiting for PPR

Last edited: