+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hey,

When you have your Visa you can contact cock via a form on their site and you schedule an appointment to do your landing without going to the border...but that takes 6 to 8 weeks as far as I know.

That's what im gonna do ...if I will have time left on my Visa.
But then you potentially delay your citizenship application ( by delaying your PR status) if you wait for 6-8 weeks after COPR.

Reactions: Macarad

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
WHAT!!!!!!! just checked my ECAS, application status changed to "Decision Made"!
but in myCIC, application is still in process, even background check changed from "Not applicable" to "we are processing..." What is that???
Decision Made!! is sure good news! Congratulations!

this proves that: 1- we are not doomed in this forum ;);)
and 2- they do announce the DM and PPR after 13th of each month... (I have almost believed this rummer :p)

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But then you potentially delay your citizenship application ( by delaying your PR status) if you wait for 6-8 weeks after COPR.
I know :)..I'll see when I'll have the DM and Visa..but I don't think I want a rejection from us border.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I know :)..I'll see when I'll have the DM and Visa..but I don't think I want a rejection from us border.
That's a super common misconception. You are not being rejected by USA and it does not affect your future USA visa applications. You do not even need to declare it in future USA visa applications.

Reactions: highheel987

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your Visa Office ?
Hi, congratulations,
could you please tell us , When your background change from not applicable to we are processing...?
WHAT!!!!!!! just checked my ECAS, application status changed to "Decision Made"!
but in myCIC, application is still in process, even background check changed from "Not applicable" to "we are processing..." What is that???
Hi, congratulations,
could you please tell us, When your background changed from not applicable to we are processing...?

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a super common misconception. You are not being rejected by USA and it does not affect your future USA visa applications. You do not even need to declare it in future USA visa applications.
I don't think it affects your future usa visa applications but it is a rejection. In fact it is an administrative rejection that shouldn't affect applications but it did affect some applicants as I read in forums. Because border officers aren't supposed to spend their day working on flagpoling people. Flagpoling is supposed to be an exception. :)

Add to this my first name which doesnt sound too safe nowadays :).....and not really wanted through the southern border lol

Mixed

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
I alreay posted this one, just wanted to do it again cuz you are talking about...I just dont know how this friend did landing without going to us?!!

landing Canada from Champlain/Lacolle border at "Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border" as bellow by davidPR:

"Re: Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I completed my landing this weekend. I think my experience would be helpful for you guys as well specially if you go with your own car from within Canada to Champlain/Lacolle Border.
First, after you pass the duty free before reaching the US gates, there is U-Turn marked as "Nexus and Immigration" on your left which you can use to go back to Canada without being rejected by US. Then the Canada gates will give you a yellow page and you need to park your car after the gate and go to office.
They take your passport, COPRs, CSQ, and bank statement and ask you to have a seat. Then call you again to sign documents and have a seat again. Then call you and say "Welcome to Canada" and send you to next counter for entering your belonging in your country of origin which you want to bring in future.
That is it"

sindyxinli

Aug 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney -to- Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hi, congratulations,
could you please tell us , When your background change from not applicable to we are processing...?

Hi, congratulations,
could you please tell us, When your background changed from not applicable to we are processing...?
Perhaps the same day when the status changed to DM. I mean yesterday.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Congrats ....

Samir Gad

Jul 19, 2017
sorry; i missed to answer you on this, i'm still in my country
is there any action should be take from my side after linking my application? cuz i was checking the submitted application i found down the second page a space for signature and security question for the spouse.... sorry i'm a bit confused .... is it something i should do from the time of linking my application?