+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

anna_c

Jul 21, 2022
Hello everyone!

Apologies if this was discussed before but I could not find the information
I received a request to pass medicals Nov 10 (have not passed yet) and today I received a pre-arrival letter.

On the site I can still see that my eligibility is being reviewed...I was under impression that pre-arrival letter is almost the last step, after eligibility reviewed and before background checks. Was it a wrong impression? Have it changed? Should I be concerned?

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello everyone!

Apologies if this was discussed before but I could not find the information
I received a request to pass medicals Nov 10 (have not passed yet) and today I received a pre-arrival letter.

On the site I can still see that my eligibility is being reviewed...I was under impression that pre-arrival letter is almost the last step, after eligibility reviewed and before background checks. Was it a wrong impression? Have it changed? Should I be concerned?
Pass medicals? as in they requested you to do the medical exam now right?
You should not be concerned for now, pre arrivals sometimes are sent after you showed( and they reviewed) that you send all the correct documents, therefore they asked you to do the medical examination as next step. I think eligibility would only changed right at the very end of the application, with this I mean when you received the first email that your application was approved and the "under review" would change to "accepted" or so. Judging by the time you sent you application (Aug/2022) and how quickly it is going, it is difficult to estimate when you will received further emails, but seems everything is going nicely for now. Good luck :)

Reactions: QC_

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I was able to get a human on the line at IRCC today and explain we’re past processing time so he sent a note to speed up (so he said). I have seen in the FB group that some people’s pictures were rejected AFTER the processing time wait which is making me extremely nervous. Of course I will update you all if and when I hear any updates.
Hi, I thought I should share what am going thru…My photos get rejected after like 4 months while they approved the photos of my wife and my kids. They even received their PR cards… They posted a letter to my agent address, but there was nothing on my gckey! They were asking to post them back new photos and a copy of the letter itself. I have posted them to my agent who will forward it to them. Am not sure how long this will take as I was supposed to fly to Canada in Oct, I even lost a job opportunity. I should not have left Canada till I have received the PR card. I am planning to apply for a travel document if things did not work out. Gd luck to u all….

• Wow
Reactions: Thursty9 and QC_

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Am not sure how long this will take as I was supposed to fly to Canada in Oct, I even lost a job opportunity. I should not have left Canada till I have received the PR card. I am planning to apply for a travel document if things did not work out. Gd luck to u all….
This is what is scaring me the most. I was supposed to travel in October and again in December but since it was nothing urgent I preferred to just cancel them and try again in April/May. Hoping I will get the card by then

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi, I thought I should share what am going thru…My photos get rejected after like 4 months while they approved the photos of my wife and my kids. They even received their PR cards… They posted a letter to my agent address, but there was nothing on my gckey! They were asking to post them back new photos and a copy of the letter itself. I have posted them to my agent who will forward it to them. Am not sure how long this will take as I was supposed to fly to Canada in Oct, I even lost a job opportunity. I should not have left Canada till I have received the PR card. I am planning to apply for a travel document if things did not work out. Gd luck to u all….
Luckily all my planned travel is within Canada for right now but all my family is in the States and did want to see us for Christmas hopefully :(. My kids are Canadian American and are lucky they don’t have to go through all this hullabaloo.

kryptic89

Nov 14, 2022
Hello everyone!

We applied online for PR in October 2021. We had obtained the CSQ sometime in March of 2021.

In September of this year, we received a request to perform biometrics and medical examination which we completed within the 30 day window.

The problem is that I haven't been able to link my PR application to my online IRCC account. I've tried many different permutations of UCI#/Application#/Family Name/DOB etc. and it always returns "Application not found". I've also tried my spouse's details. The same is true for the "check application status" portal---our application just doesn't seem to be in the system.

Any suggestions on how we may proceed?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone else!

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello everyone!

We applied online for PR in October 2021. We had obtained the CSQ sometime in March of 2021.

In September of this year, we received a request to perform biometrics and medical examination which we completed within the 30 day window.

The problem is that I haven't been able to link my PR application to my online IRCC account. I've tried many different permutations of UCI#/Application#/Family Name/DOB etc. and it always returns "Application not found". I've also tried my spouse's details. The same is true for the "check application status" portal---our application just doesn't seem to be in the system.

Any suggestions on how we may proceed?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone else!
Hello, fear not, if they are asking for biometrics and other stuff, it means your application is somewhere it their system. If you have have already tried so many times to link it, it is better for you to try to call them and explain the situation. An agent can help you try to link your application going step by step.
I had a similar problem, in my case it was something wrong with that they mixed up my home province with my home town, so i could never go it right when trying to link it.

Last edited:

kryptic89

Nov 14, 2022
Hi LOLR1,

Thanks very much for your reply. I figured this may be the case. Question: how do I actually contact them? I sent an email two weeks ago and did not get any reply. Is there a phone number to actually speak to someone on this matter?

Thanks again!

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi LOLR1,

Thanks very much for your reply. I figured this may be the case. Question: how do I actually contact them? I sent an email two weeks ago and did not get any reply. Is there a phone number to actually speak to someone on this matter?

Thanks again!
Sure. You can try contact them at 1-888-242-2100 if your calling from within Canada. From Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. It has been a while since the last time I called them, so I don't remember the exact number to press when on the call, as they mention lots of options to select from.
Try call them early, good luck kryptic89.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Still no updates after that GU a few days ago. Hmmmm wonder what’s up?
By the way, I understand that there is no order at all.... i saw some people got their PR cards who got eCrop end of september... i dont understand what they are doing and no transparency at all.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
But I haven’t seen anywhere (PR portal or GC key) that the card is even in printing. I’m hopeful it is because I haven’t received any rejection emails and I had that GU. But how do I know for sure it’s Ok and being processed? I sent a webform and email and am waiting to hear back.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
But I haven’t seen anywhere (PR portal or GC key) that the card is even in printing. I’m hopeful it is because I haven’t received any rejection emails and I had that GU. But how do I know for sure it’s Ok and being processed? I sent a webform and email and am waiting to hear back.
I've called them yesterday, and they told me that my application was approved and sent to production on Nov 7th, the day I had GU, and for my family members Approved and sent to production on 8th, also had GU for them. She said, there is no timeline when its gonna be ready, but she said that photos are accepted and its a good news.

Reactions: Thursty9

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I've called them yesterday, and they told me that my application was approved and sent to production on Nov 7th, the day I had GU, and for my family members Approved and sent to production on 8th, also had GU for them. She said, there is no timeline when its gonna be ready, but she said that photos are accepted and its a good news.
I feel like its a last step, now we have to wait to get msg in the GC key, that its mailed. Almost there almost...

Reactions: Thursty9 and LOLR1