+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Indeed. PR card could take 2-4 months. So don't worry. Now you can start asking for new SIN number, RAMQ, etc, with your Ecorp. Dont wait for the card to do it. Welcome new brother/sister.
HI Is there a place to track whether the PR cards have been made/mailed out?

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
So I guess my journey is finally almost over. Got ECOPR yesterday. It was a little tricky towards the end since when I received the first email my spouse was actually not in Canada (but he was scheduled to visit in 2 weeks on a visitor visa). I was really worried responding to the portal 1 email will mess up with his traveling plan, and then he will have to mail the passports and all that from the US. I asked around and decided to not respond to the first email in which I had to declare whether all family members are in Canada until he came to Canada on Oct. 2nd. This seems to have worked very well.
I got portal email a week later and since he 's in Canada when signed in to the Portal, we both declared truthfully we are in Canada.
Got Ecopr on Oct. 17. Really glad we avoided the whole mailing passport business and can activate the PR inland.

Thanks for all the support. As you can see from my timeline, I ve experienced ALOT of frustration and anxiety in the past few years from the beginning of 2018-19 waiting for Arrima to come to use, then repeated request for additional documents in the PR stage. Then comes the pandemic, during which because of the provincial nomination and the PR application I had to navigate not one but 4 different counties and regions to obtain documents (me and spouse come from different countries, and we went to school in countries other than home country and other than Canada...). And all these government divisions had implemented strange limitations during the pandemic to make things even more complex...it was not easy to say the least. I am thrilled this journey is over but wish to leave a record here as to how much mental distress this process has brought to me (and I can only imagine, many of who are like me). The two-stage immigration process in Quebec is so fucked up and the layers of bureaucracy on both levels has made things so bad for immigrations. I hope going forward, as new PR or citizens, we don't forget this.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
HI Is there a place to track whether the PR cards have been made/mailed out?
Sure, through your IRCC account, you link a new application just like you did for your PR application. But now you will choose the option for your PR card. You can track stuff there.
Also, remember to download and sign your eCoPR, and maybe scan it too to have it handy, as it will disappear from the website after 1 month.

Reactions: QC_

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
So I guess my journey is finally almost over. Got ECOPR yesterday. It was a little tricky towards the end since when I received the first email my spouse was actually not in Canada (but he was scheduled to visit in 2 weeks on a visitor visa). I was really worried responding to the portal 1 email will mess up with his traveling plan, and then he will have to mail the passports and all that from the US. I asked around and decided to not respond to the first email in which I had to declare whether all family members are in Canada until he came to Canada on Oct. 2nd. This seems to have worked very well.
I got portal email a week later and since he 's in Canada when signed in to the Portal, we both declared truthfully we are in Canada.
Got Ecopr on Oct. 17. Really glad we avoided the whole mailing passport business and can activate the PR inland.

Thanks for all the support. As you can see from my timeline, I ve experienced ALOT of frustration and anxiety in the past few years from the beginning of 2018-19 waiting for Arrima to come to use, then repeated request for additional documents in the PR stage. Then comes the pandemic, during which because of the provincial nomination and the PR application I had to navigate not one but 4 different counties and regions to obtain documents (me and spouse come from different countries, and we went to school in countries other than home country and other than Canada...). And all these government divisions had implemented strange limitations during the pandemic to make things even more complex...it was not easy to say the least. I am thrilled this journey is over but wish to leave a record here as to how much mental distress this process has brought to me (and I can only imagine, many of who are like me). The two-stage immigration process in Quebec is so fucked up and the layers of bureaucracy on both levels has made things so bad for immigrations. I hope going forward, as new PR or citizens, we don't forget this.
Congrats there, and welcome to Canada for you and your family

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Sure, through your IRCC account, you link a new application just like you did for your PR application. But now you will choose the option for your PR card. You can track stuff there.
Also, remember to download and sign your eCoPR, and maybe scan it too to have it handy, as it will disappear from the website after 1 month.
I tried to link it but the website keeps telling me my case doesnt exist. Maybe I should wait for a few days? I tried to use my application number but the website says the EPxxxxxxxx number is incorrect. I used my uci and surname but can't find anything...

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I tried to link it but the website keeps telling me my case doesnt exist. Maybe I should wait for a few days? I tried to use my application number but the website says the EPxxxxxxxx number is incorrect. I used my uci and surname but can't find anything...
Finally, all complete. Congratulations.
I also had difficulty with that EP**** application number. That application number after PR approval didn`t worked for me. For PR card, they gave another number which starts from R*****. Try other options. There is one with using passport details as well. Also, all the details entered should exactly match with COPR. For me, I tried with birth city and that wasn`t working. Later I checked COPR and realized they have written country name, instead of city. Then after I tried with country name as birth city, it worked. Check COPR for exact details.

Reactions: 00iris00

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hey everyone! @ValeriaS I can’t find your signature anymore. How long after eCOPR did you receive your card? It’ll be 2 months for me 10/25 so just curious. How about the rest of you that received it? It says 64 days on IRCC website but not sure what to believe. Thanks!

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
That first PR card is taking forever to arrive!

I’m leaving Canada in a few days, and will be applying for PRTD in Asia. Very hesitant about this because the VAC I’ll be applying at requires passport mailed with the application, but I’ll be flying again within two weeks… it gives me so much anxiety thinking about not getting back my passport in time.

Just wondering about my previous work permit and TRV in my passport. I know it’s technically invalid once COPR is issued. However, is the issue with airline or Canadian customs? How will the airline know it’s invalid if it isn’t expired?

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia

I’m leaving Canada in a few days, and will be applying for PRTD in Asia. Very hesitant about this because the VAC I’ll be applying at requires passport mailed with the application, but I’ll be flying again within two weeks… it gives me so much anxiety thinking about not getting back my passport in time.

Just wondering about my previous work permit and TRV in my passport. I know it’s technically invalid once COPR is issued. However, is the issue with airline or Canadian customs? How will the airline know it’s invalid if it isn’t expired?
Indeed, I have been waiting for the first PR card for almost 4 months. I applied for it on 23 June 2022. Sarcastically my wife, son and daughter received it 2 months back while myself the main applicant still waiting. I even lost a job offer that I have signed while am outside Canada! I have sent several webforms and I always get the same standard reply, my gckey says the application is under process….
Travel document is taking like forever as well but I should have applied for it! Do not leave till u sort out ur PR card. Good luck

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021

Hey, do you know how long will it take to process PRTD? I'm plannig to travel as well, to Uzbekistan and as i see it required to submit PRTD application by email. But not sure and cant plan anything cuz I have no idea how lng will it take to process it :(

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Finally, all complete. Congratulations.
I also had difficulty with that EP**** application number. That application number after PR approval didn`t worked for me. For PR card, they gave another number which starts from R*****. Try other options. There is one with using passport details as well. Also, all the details entered should exactly match with COPR. For me, I tried with birth city and that wasn`t working. Later I checked COPR and realized they have written country name, instead of city. Then after I tried with country name as birth city, it worked. Check COPR for exact details.
the system now blocked me for trying too many times (five) but I will do it again after the 24 hr block. What you said made a lot of sense I just realized on the ECOPR my birth place is listed not as my city but my province (strange!)...probably that's why it keeps coming back as wrong. Thanks!!

Reactions: gtcan19

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hey everyone! @ValeriaS I can’t find your signature anymore. How long after eCOPR did you receive your card? It’ll be 2 months for me 10/25 so just curious. How about the rest of you that received it? It says 64 days on IRCC website but not sure what to believe. Thanks!
Hi again,
my brother's PR application was approved and IRCC told his PM who did a follow up request that they sent the first email to confirm the PR as well as a follow up email but my brother never received these 2 emails. Also, his IRCC account is still showing the last update as medicals approved. He called IRCC call center and the agent added a note on his file to specify that he did not get the email, he explained that it could happen because the emails are sent by a bot or something and that maybe they need to send it manually, they also told him that there is no deadline to respond to this. My brother also sent a webform to notify IRCC about the same. He checked his inbox and spam and no email from IRCC is there.
Is there a deadline to respond to this first email? Does it always come from the same email address and if yes what is it? Would IRCC review his webform? He had a lot of issues related to not receiving some critical emails from IRCC and not sure what to do about that anymore, it is so frustrating :(

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Hi again,
my brother's PR application was approved and IRCC told his PM who did a follow up request that they sent the first email to confirm the PR as well as a follow up email but my brother never received these 2 emails. Also, his IRCC account is still showing the last update as medicals approved. He called IRCC call center and the agent added a note on his file to specify that he did not get the email, he explained that it could happen because the emails are sent by a bot or something and that maybe they need to send it manually, they also told him that there is no deadline to respond to this. My brother also sent a webform to notify IRCC about the same. He checked his inbox and spam and no email from IRCC is there.
Is there a deadline to respond to this first email? Does it always come from the same email address and if yes what is it? Would IRCC review his webform? He had a lot of issues related to not receiving some critical emails from IRCC and not sure what to do about that anymore, it is so frustrating :(
HI,
Check his eacs, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html by entering his UCI and info, if you see Decision Made, you know it is approved and the issue is locating those two emails; if you don't see "Decision Made" then they are still finalizing the process. The IRCC account isn't accurate in the last stage.
IRCC emails never end up in spam in my own experience. Maybe they didn't sent them yet (I think it is the Montreal office eventually finalizes and send out the last two emails, in my case the Sydney office did everything before, there might be discrepancies between different divisions of IRCC maybe the two emails are on their ways.).

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
HI,
Check his eacs, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html by entering his UCI and info, if you see Decision Made, you know it is approved and the issue is locating those two emails; if you don't see "Decision Made" then they are still finalizing the process. The IRCC account isn't accurate in the last stage.
IRCC emails never end up in spam in my own experience. Maybe they didn't sent them yet (I think it is the Montreal office eventually finalizes and send out the last two emails, in my case the Sydney office did everything before, there might be discrepancies between different divisions of IRCC maybe the two emails are on their ways.).
Hi, my brother called IRCC call center and they confirmed that i was approved and they sent two email (second is follow up) to confirm address etc but he never got those emails. His submitted his application online in Dec 2021 so ecas is not available to him, in his IRCC account, it is still showing medicals passed. Does IRCC send the portal 1st email on the IRCC account too?