+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Hi So sorry for the tough situation you and your partner are in. I have some questions as I am currently waiting for my PR (can take a month or several months, hard to say, received Pre-arrival last month) to be approved, but I also need to go to the US where my spouse lives. Ideally I would go as soon as I get my PR, but from your post, it seems that I will have to wait until I actually get the PR card, which of course takes a lot of time. I had thought the moment I got the decision, I could leave. This could mean that I won't actually leave Canada to the US for 3-4 months.
What's even puzzling me more is that I have also recently applied to renew my work permit which expires on April 30. I will be on implied status starting next month meaning I can't leave the country until either 1) I get my new work permit, or 2) I get my PR.
But once I get the PR my WP will become invalid, right? So if my PR is approved but I don't receive the card, I will still be stuck in Canada?

Anyone, any suggestions would be helpful. I need to understand realistically how long I might have to stay in Canada.
If u do not have any commitment, like a job or something u may leave Canada and let someone receive ur card on ur behalf and then post it to u, u may then go back Canada…. Am an outland applicant and have done the same

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi So sorry for the tough situation you and your partner are in. I have some questions as I am currently waiting for my PR (can take a month or several months, hard to say, received Pre-arrival last month) to be approved, but I also need to go to the US where my spouse lives. Ideally I would go as soon as I get my PR, but from your post, it seems that I will have to wait until I actually get the PR card, which of course takes a lot of time. I had thought the moment I got the decision, I could leave. This could mean that I won't actually leave Canada to the US for 3-4 months.
What's even puzzling me more is that I have also recently applied to renew my work permit which expires on April 30. I will be on implied status starting next month meaning I can't leave the country until either 1) I get my new work permit, or 2) I get my PR.
But once I get the PR my WP will become invalid, right? So if my PR is approved but I don't receive the card, I will still be stuck in Canada?

Anyone, any suggestions would be helpful. I need to understand realistically how long I might have to stay in Canada.
The way you’ve written this is correct, yes.

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019

In your situation, there is a loophole. You can travel by car to an US airport and then have a non-international flight and then come back by car. However, the car has to be a private vehicle: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065&top=10

Or, you can just drive all the way to your spouse :)

I would not lie to the IRCC saying that you are in land while you are not in land... they will ask you questions regarding your last point of entry and well, at this point in life, would you really lie to the IRCC ?

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
When and Where did you complete your medical?
I have done my medicals Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec (C.M.I.P.Q.), 1665 Rue Sainte-Catherine O 3e étage, Montréal, QC H3H 1L9. I did medicals on Mar 30, 2022 other timelines you can check in signatures.

Thanks

Reactions: am13470

kharl86

Apr 8, 2019
Hi can anyone help me how to contact the immigration officer I just want to ask my application my timeline.
Federal stage
Sent application: July 2018
Aor: sept 2018
Start process: Dec 2018
until now no update its more than 38Months already. Can any one help me I check in ecas application not found but if i check in IRCC its still in process.

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
I have done my medicals Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec (C.M.I.P.Q.), 1665 Rue Sainte-Catherine O 3e étage, Montréal, QC H3H 1L9. I did medicals on Mar 30, 2022 other timelines you can check in signatures.

Thanks
Thank you. I have done it on 15 April 2022 at the same place you are. I am following my account for updates on my medical.

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
In your situation, there is a loophole. You can travel by car to an US airport and then have a non-international flight and then come back by car. However, the car has to be a private vehicle: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065&top=10

Or, you can just drive all the way to your spouse :)

I would not lie to the IRCC saying that you are in land while you are not in land... they will ask you questions regarding your last point of entry and well, at this point in life, would you really lie to the IRCC ?
Thank you, I did some research on my end and found out what you said to be true. You can enter without the PR card if you are at a LAND border. Thank you and I hope you get your PR card soon!

Reactions: anotherguy

Yogesh01

Apr 4, 2022
Congratulations!
I passed on April 5th without a medical request. And this morning there was a ghost update. Will I get a decision made soon?
I have almost the same timeline and I too am waiting for some action.

- AOR - 24 March 2022
- Biometrics - Exempt
- Medical - Exempt
- Pre-arrival services - 02 April 2022
- Medical cleared update - 05 April 2022

Good luck. :)