+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I'm originally from India. Colombia is my second home because my spouse is Colombian. I think I'm in security screening because of marrying a foreigner and for having visited Colombia and México.
Perhaps those in security screening are having their applications delayed until they are cleared. I just pray we get our PR's soon my friend. Good things happen to those who wait :)

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
You mean July 2019, right? I am July 2020!

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
In that case, you can send them a scan and also indicate that you're sending a physical copy. When you send the physical copy, include a letter explaining why you're sending that document and specify your UCI or Application ID (if you have one). Alternatively, you can call them to ask them how you should send it, but given the Covid-19 situation, it's very very difficult to get someone to respond to your call.
Hey man. Today I had the luck to have been able to speak to an IRCC call centre agent. Guess what? What she told me is almost identical to what you said here! I will do exactly that, but I guess I will have to redo the translation since the one I used was not based on a certified copy of the original document.

Thanks a tonne and I wish you will have some good news soon!

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Yes July 2019, I believe you will get it soon! If they start working on it it will be soon.
For a moment I hoped that could be July 2020... haha

• Haha
Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

JJJJJ

Sep 14, 2020
I received the request letter CV/resume today Jan 29, 2021... after the medical exam passed on Jan 25, 2021.
Is this normal? I am afraid that it is the start of the security screening....

"CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience. This must be received at this office by: 2021/03/30"

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
I received the request letter CV/resume today Jan 29, 2021... after the medical exam passed on Jan 25, 2021.
Is this normal? I am afraid that it is the start of the security screening....

"CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience. This must be received at this office by: 2021/03/30"
Yo! Looks like they're starting to work on your application. If I remember correctly, here's what I had included with my application:
  1. résumé.
  2. proof of employment for all the jobs I did in the last 10 years along with a copy of the boss' visiting card.
  3. copies of educational documents.
That said, you should only send them what they ask for. Good luck, man!

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
Yo! Looks like they're starting to work on your application. If I remember correctly, here's what I had included with my application:
  1. résumé.
  2. proof of employment for all the jobs I did in the last 10 years along with a copy of the boss' visiting card.
  3. copies of educational documents.
That said, you should only send them what they ask for. Good luck, man!
That's weird (to me). Did you apply your CSQ under PRTQ or PEQ? On my PR application checklist, there is nothing like these 3...

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
That's weird (to me). Did you apply your CSQ under PRTQ or PEQ? On my PR application checklist, there is nothing like these 3...
I am a PEQ applicant. Now that you've said it, even I'm confused. I'm not sure if I sent those for the PR application (though I might have).

In your case, since they've only asked for a résumé, I think only sending a detailed résumé should do it. Make sure your LinkedIn profile matches the same because I've seen people comparing CVs with LinkedIn profiles.

dimpookguide

Dec 25, 2020
I am a PEQ applicant. Now that you've said it, even I'm confused. I'm not sure if I sent those for the PR application (though I might have).

In your case, since they've only asked for a résumé, I think only sending a detailed résumé should do it. Make sure your LinkedIn profile matches the same because I've seen people comparing CVs with LinkedIn profiles.
I always thought for QSW applications, the IRCC only does security, background and medical checks.

Last edited:

ideepen

Jan 31, 2021
India
It is great folk now it is your turn to fill out forms for federal, so my some of the questions are as below,

Do we need to show any funds in bank ?
Do we notary attest the photocopies? (like birth certificate etc)
I want to pay the fees by credit card which is fine I guess or is there is other preferred option ? (Such asbank draft)
Do we send the file by regular mail or courier?
which CSQ number we use in IMM008? (Individual reference number or file number )
Omegle Chatiw

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
I'd suggest reading the document checklist and the application instructions since most of the questions you've asked are already answered there.

That said, here are some answers:
  • I can't remember if you need to send a proof of funds in your bank account. I think that part is already covered during the CSQ application.
  • Just checked the document checklist and it says that you only need to send a copy of the birth certificate. If you want to send a notarized copy, that's up to you.
  • You can pay the fees by credit card. Just make sure you save/print the payment receipt because you'll have to print it and include it with your application.
    • If you're not sure if you are supposed to pay a certain fee, it is always a good idea to pay it. If the IRCC decides that you don't need to pay it, they will issue a refund. I did this for my biometrics fee because I wasn't sure if I needed to pay it and they sent me a refund within 2-3 months.
  • Though you can send it by regular mail, it's better to send it by a trackable courier (could be Canada Post, but with tracking) so that you can be sure that your application is delivered correctly.
  • The numero du dossier is the CSQ number as per this thread.
Please read all the instructions before you finalize your application because there are many details that one can miss, e.g. you're not supposed to staple the documents. Also, go through your application 2-3 times before you send it and make sure you've signed all the forms in the right places.

Good luck!