+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Received the pre-arrival services letter this morning. Timeline in my signature.
So she sent her application in June 2019 and got AOR in august 2019.

Applicants starting July 2019 did not yet receive AOR till now? Why the sudden break? Is it about 2019 QSWP quota ending by june 2019? If so what about 2020 quota?

Will need some updates from guys who applied after June 2019....

Italy

May 23, 2020

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
More than a year, counting this october July 2019 applicants are waiting for AOR since 1 year and 3 months
Is that just coz of the sheer volume of PR applictions or they take their own time to process..? For CSQ, AOR was sent just after a couple of days from on-line submission..

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Many people say that this happens because of the quotas, and it is quite possible.
But I don't understand why Québec is blocking the process while it has already given his approval and has selected all these applicants. It doesn't make sense at all. Why do they continue giving CSQs when they don't lead to PR?

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
maybe covid-19 make the economy in general a heartbreak, and as they(canada) promise they welcome international people provincial approval- CSQ, but as the same time QC(CAQ?) promise less immigrants -long long waiting time to pr. seriously it conflicts itself, i mean they want labour and $$$ at some point lol.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
The problem is that Québec (CAQ) issues the CSQs, which means that they have selected you for permanent resident of the province, and at the same time they are holding back the process. This is at least ridiculous. If they don't want immigrants or they want less, they shouldn't give us CSQs.
Recently they made a reform and they canceled 18000 applications in order to choose their immigrants and speed up the process. If they didn't want me (and many others) they shouldn't give me CSQ because I had VJO. This is a joke...

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The problem is that Québec (CAQ) issues the CSQs, which means that they have selected you for permanent resident of the province, and at the same time they are holding back the process. This is at least ridiculous. If they don't want immigrants or they want less, they shouldn't give us CSQs.
Recently they made a reform and they canceled 18000 applications in order to choose their immigrants and speed up the process. If they didn't want me (and many others) they shouldn't give me CSQ because I had VJO. This is a joke...
As much as I could understand it, government wants to make money off migrants and also keep their electorate happy by showing reduced number of PR's. But this is a fraud with those that they gave CSQ to.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Are you saying for them to just send an AOR, it takes a year??
When I read the forum, it comes to know NovaScotia has stopped issuing AOR from last 15 months. But might be possible they are working on applications because total process time is 25 month.

Let's suppose today they issue AOR today to July2019 applicant, do you think in 10 months they can finish the application???

My 2nd question, if any applicant gets AOR today after 15 month, he still needs to wait next 25 month???

These are the questions, and nobody knows the answer.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Regarding your 2nd question they have said that the processing time starts from the date your application has been received, not the AOR date.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
I will share my point. I have heard from some people that their cases have been treated as pilots in order to speed up processing times.

Since 2015, Canada implemented Express Entry with the objective of processing applications in less than 6 months, but Quebec was not part of that process.

Since that time, Quebec treated the QSW cases including the CSQ in approximately 4 years, which gives us to understand that the waiting list or accumulated work was long. From what I see in some cases of people who share their 2017-2018 application times since the AOR was issued until they had any additional information again, more than 1 year passed and after that, the process was carried out in approximately 6 months.

As I read at some point when this thing about the issuance of AOR's had stopped so that the federal part could process our applications in times similar to those of Express Entry, then for me it makes some sense. Already today I saw a case in a Facebook group where someone who applied in July of last year (received the AOR in August 2019) and they are already asking him to update the criminal record for him and his wife, which indicates that they (Sydney office) are already close to the dates where the AOR's ended.

So I hope that soon they can continue with the broadcast of the AOR's and that the process is quick.

The federal part says that the processing time is from the date they receive the applications and they have the ability to process applications in a short time. So for those of us who have called and they have confirmed the reception date and have donated a XEP number, we must be calm and we will see that our cases will be completed soon.

Last edited: