+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec selected - Lost Permanent Residency status

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Hi,
I entered Canada in June 2010 via Quebec seletion program of skilled workers. I lived in Toronto for almost 430 days and left the country in 2012 because of my family situation and never came back. My PR is expired now and I dont meet the residency obligations, however I still have the hope to renew my CSQ.
1. Is it normal to do so if i submit my updated documents like marital and work status? I mean does CSQ is renewable no matter when you apply to renew it? Say 10 years..

2. Is it possible to re-apply to CIC if i manage to renew my CSQ as described?

Any helpful comments is highly appreciated.

Tnx.

R

rish888

Hi,
I entered Canada in June 2010 via Quebec seletion program of skilled workers. I lived in Toronto for almost 430 days and left the country in 2012 because of my family situation and never came back. My PR is expired now and I dont meet the residency obligations, however I still have the hope to renew my CSQ.
1. Is it normal to do so if i submit my updated documents like marital and work status? I mean does CSQ is renewable no matter when you apply to renew it? Say 10 years..

2. Is it possible to re-apply to CIC if i manage to renew my CSQ as described?

Any helpful comments is highly appreciated.

Tnx.
Hi There,

1. Unless you applied for a PRTD and was denied, you have not lost your PR status. (Even if your PR card is expired.)

If you have some H&C reasons (Humanitarian reasons that justify your break of RO) apply for a PRTD.

If you don't have any H&C reasons apply to renounce your PR Status.

After you have lost your PR status, you can reapply for PR though any scheme including Quebec selection. (As long as you meet other requirements such as medical etc.)

As far as renewing you CSQ, I doubt it would be likely to renew it, you would most likely need to apply again or a CSQ or another scheme such as FSW if you are eligible. As long as you are eligible for one of the many schemes available, you can apply for PR to CIC.