+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec PR for Foriegn Students

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
Hello guys,

I am an international student in Canada. I am planning to apply for Quebec permanent residency when I am finished with my studies here. I have read a lot about it and I know that I need to apply for CSQ as a PEQ- graduate student after I graduate. Imagine that I will graduate at May 2014. If I apply for CSQ then I will get it really soon. Now my question is that how much time does it take for me to get the actual PR(get the federal processes done) (post-CSQ) ?
Note that I will be applying from Quebec. What is the fastest way that I can get the PR? because I need it to apply to med school and I don't want to fall behind my schedule for two consecutive years.

Thanks for your time! :)

CLIPPER

Sep 11, 2010
Apply :-

(PEQ – Québec experience program)
The PEQ is an accelerated selection program for skilled workers which came into effect on February 14, 2010. It was especially designed for:

•temporary workers who hold a skilled job in Québec;
•foreign students who graduated in Québec or are studying towards graduation.

The PEQ goal is to rapidly issue a CSQ to workers and graduates who apply for it and meet certain requirements. A CSQ is also issued, where applicable, to their spouse or de facto spouse and dependent children included in their application.

Eligibility conditions under the PEQ are different for temporary workers and Québec graduates.

If you meet the eligibility conditions for both Québec graduates and temporary workers (for example, if you hold a post-graduation work permit and have held a skilled job in Québec for at least 12 months), you can choose between applying for your CSQ as a graduate or a worker, using the appropriate application form.