RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
pxd5111 said:
I haven't sent in my passport yet. I will wait till I come back from my vacation end of November.
CIC responded to my email confirming that I will be able to get my passport back within 3 weeks if I use the Canada Post express post National. I guess Regional is okay too since I'm in Quebec.
Regional is within the same province. You are in Quebec, Ottawa is in Ontario. Therefore, you have to use National

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
eurmione said:
Ugh... I submit since April 9, 2013. I received AOR in June and PPR on Nov 18, 2013. Hence, I am pretty much the same as your friend. And I have no idea why mine is much faster than you guys. I compare my case with PNP April applicants, it is consistent
Yes! You are exactly the same timeline with my friend, since you submitted almost the same time and you got PPR on the same day yesterday.

I assume you two are processed by the same group of VO.

;)

pxd5111

Nov 5, 2013
eurmione said:
Regional is within the same province. You are in Quebec, Ottawa is in Ontario. Therefore, you have to use National
I think Quebec and Ottawa is in the same region (Central) in Canada Post's delivery system. No?

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
pxd5111 said:
I think Quebec and Ottawa is in the same region (Central) in Canada Post's delivery system. No?
Yes. You are correct. According to Canada Post; http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgservstds-e.asp

• Local – Where the destination city/town is the same as the originating city/town.
• Provincial – Where the destination city/town is in the same province as the originating city/town.
• Regional – Where the destination city/town is in the same region as the originating city/town. Canadian regions are grouped according to Table 1.

Table 1: Canadian Regions
REGION / GEOGRAPHICAL AREA
Atlantic - New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
Central - Québec and Ontario, including Northwestern Ontario (Postal CodesOM P7A-P7L, P8N, P8T, P9A, P9N, P0T-P0Y)
Western - British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario (Postal Codes P7A-P7L, P8N, P8T, P9A, P9N, P0T-P0Y)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Do you guys know long it takes for CIC to do background (security) checks? I lived in 2 countries in the Caribbean during the past 10 years. Police certificates from both countries were sent from day 1.

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Joshua1 said:
Do you guys know long it takes for CIC to do background (security) checks? I lived in 2 countries in the Caribbean during the past 10 years. Police certificates from both countries were sent from day 1.
Hi Joshua1, if there are more than one country, usually it will take longer time, the more the longer.

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
More updates, today another friend told me she got the PPR, she submitted her application same time last year. So the process time for her during the Federal step is 12 months. :)

jacobj

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
13-05-2014 But filed opened in 25/04/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application. French A1 finished but certificate not yet received.
Hi QC_PEQ_MONTREAL,

i want to know that once i get legally settled in quebec, can i move to toronto or some other place in canada?

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi Jacobj, I would suggest you to stay in Quebec at least 1 year before moving to other places

After all, you signed the declaration stating that your destination is Quebec and you and your family will live in Quebec.

jacobj said:
Hi QC_PEQ_MONTREAL,

i want to know that once i get legally settled in quebec, can i move to toronto or some other place in canada?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I got an email from the sydney centralized office saying that they needed additional info (personal history and addresses from may 2013 to the present day (i sent in my application in july 2013). Is this normal? Can i fax it this?

Also, I thought that the sydney office doesn't process the federal part anymore and its only at ottawa. I sent my Residence fee to ottawa, not sydney. I paid after I sent my original document but not before the actual request. Will this be a big deal or will they file it at ottawa?