+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

Apr 10, 2013
Keden said:
PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2012 (Edited to show 2012)
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: Apr 9, 2013

Quick Question. I just received this email from a Service Delivery Clerk at Citizenship & Immigration.

"Dear XXX:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker Category.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

Does anyone have idea how long it normally takes from receipt of this email to further contact from the visa office?

I am assuming that the visa office is the one that will send me the request for a medical exam?

Thanks.
Hi, keden, my case is I received the Physical Examination Instruction directly from Sydney office almost 20 days later since the first mail. good luck

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
PEC montreal 123 said:
Hi, keden, my case is I received the Physical Examination Instruction directly from Sydney office almost 20 days later since the first mail. good luck
Thanks PEC!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Keden said:
Hi QC_PEQ_Montreal,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, the email came from Sydney Novia Scotia. It was a nervous 44 days! :p

Cheers.
Hey I have almost the same timeline as yours, what's your online application status ?

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
imm_leb_01 said:
Hey I have almost the same timeline as yours, what's your online application status ?
Hello Imm_Leb_01, my online application status is "Application Received".

Update: Good news! I just got my Medical Report request. I received it by email on April 16th, 2013. One week after receiving my Acknowledgement Receipt on April 9th, 2013, also by email. I am waiting till 8:00AM and will begin calling local panel physicians for an appointment. Does anyone have idea how quickly the physician gets the report back to CIC? Thanks.

Here is the important stuff written in the Medical Report (Client Biodata and Summary form)
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- The attached medical report form
- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one document with photograph and signature
such as a passport, driver's licence or national identity card)
- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing medical conditions
- Four recent photographs, if the panel physician is not eMedical enabled (note: panel physicians
that are eMedical enabled are indicated on the CIC website listed above)
Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions.
Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Keden said:
Hello Imm_Leb_01, my online application status is "Application Received".

Everyone else, good news! I just got my Medical Report request. I received it by email on April 16th, 2013. One week after receiving my Acknowledgement Receipt on April 9th, 2013, also by email. I am waiting till 8:00AM and will begin calling local panel physicians for an appointment. Does anyone have idea how quickly the physician gets the report back to CIC? Thanks.

Here is the important stuff written in the Medical Report (Client Biodata and Summary form)
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- The attached medical report form
- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one document with photograph and signature
such as a passport, driver's licence or national identity card)
- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing medical conditions
- Four recent photographs, if the panel physician is not eMedical enabled (note: panel physicians
that are eMedical enabled are indicated on the CIC website listed above)
Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions.
Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.
Was it an automated message for medical examination ? or like the first letter ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hey guys do you have an idea when the status changes from Application received to Received by visa office ?

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
imm_leb_01 said:
Was it an automated message for medical examination ? or like the first letter ?
Hi Imm_Leb_01, it was an automated letter with the Medical Exam document attached.

Update: I just completed my Medical Exam at CIMPQ on 1665 St. Catherine West. If you will be doing yours there, one thing to note. They are eMedical enabled! This means that you do NOT need to take 4 passport photographs with you. I took 4 and they only used 1.

The medical exam consists of the following and costs $200 (pay by cash or debit card);
1) Urine Test
2) Blood Test
3) Q&A with a doctor (e.g. any communicable diseases, any major surgery, any drugs etc)
4) Chest Xray

And finally, I was informed it takes on average a week for them to send the results on to CIC. So best case scenario CIC should have the medical results by end of April.

enjoystik

Apr 29, 2013
Hi all,
I'd like to apply as a skilled worker. Confused a bit with "area of training". I don't get any points here. I have MsC and PhD in Biochemistry. There is however Biochemistry (Bach-3 years) in the area of training list..but not higher degree..
Any ideas??
Currently, I reside in Montreal with work permit (work in McGill).
Any ideas are appreciated! :)

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi guys, today I got the confirmation of completed application and file number, 42 days since my application was delivered to Sydney. My credit card was charged by Immigration Canada FSW Sydney on April 29th, after 8 work days, I got my file number.

Main issue of this email:"Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing".

However, there is nothing showed for my online application status is (no info at all, even no "Application Received"), is this normal? maybe they do not update it so fast.

Here is the update of my timeline share :

1st Quebec stage:

Category........: QSW, PEQ
App. Delivered.: 2012.11.30 Quebec, Montreal
App. Filed.......: 2012.12.07 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Issued.....: 2012.12.19 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Received..: 2012.12.24 Quebec, Montreal

2nd Federal stage:

Visa Office......: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered.: 2013.03.25 Federal, Sydney
Fee Charged....: 2013.04.29
App. Filed.......: 2013.05.09
Medical Exam...: ? estimated 2013.05.16

I assume I will get the notice of Medical Exam either as soon as in a week, or as late as in a month? ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
QC_PEQ_Montreal said:
Hi guys, today I got the confirmation of completed application and file number, 42 days since my application was delivered to Sydney. My credit card was charged by Immigration Canada FSW Sydney on April 29th, after 8 work days, I got my file number.

Main issue of this email:"Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing".

I just checked the CIC website, but I still can not follow my status on that website (no info at all), maybe they do not update it so fast.

1st Quebec stage:

2nd Federal stage:

Medical Exam...: ?

I assume I will get the notice of Medical Exam within a month? ?
You may receive it in one week, it depends on how busy they are

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi PEC montreal 123, would you mind to put more precise date? This can give us a better idea :)

PEC montreal 123 said:
Here is my timeline share : :D :D :D :D :D :D

1st Quebec stage:

App. Filed.......: 2012.9 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Issued.....: 2012.11 Quebec, Montreal (The docs were returned twice, one is because of the form of the check,the other is because of the certificate of graduation,which needs to be signed by the registration office.)

2nd Federal stage:

App. Delivered: 2012.12 Federal, Sydney
App. Received: 2013.2
Physical examination notification 2013.3
Processing:...

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi imm_leb_01, thanks for your promptly reply, I already changed my post, my friend got the following medical exam request within 10 days after the first email. I assume that I can get the quest for Medical Exam as soon as in a week.

BTW, how long it takes for your online status changes from "no information at all" to "Application received" or to "Received by visa office"?

Do you remember? Since I just got the email of file number today, I guess they can not manage to update it so fast.

imm_leb_01 said:
You may receive it in one week, it depends on how busy they are

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Keden said:
Hi Imm_Leb_01, it was an automated letter with the Medical Exam document attached.

Update: I just completed my Medical Exam at CIMPQ on 1665 St. Catherine West. If you will be doing yours there, one thing to note. They are eMedical enabled! This means that you do NOT need to take 4 passport photographs with you. I took 4 and they only used 1.

The medical exam consists of the following and costs $200 (pay by cash or debit card);
1) Urine Test
2) Blood Test
3) Q&A with a doctor (e.g. any communicable diseases, any major surgery, any drugs etc)
4) Chest Xray

And finally, I was informed it takes on average a week for them to send the results on to CIC. So best case scenario CIC should have the medical results by end of April.

I see they do a urine and blood test, is there a list of diseases that they are checking for in the urine/blood test? Is this list publicly available? I want to know what conditions/diseases they are looking for....or more importantly, what conditions/diseases would make me inadmissible to Canada.

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi guys, the Medical Examination Request arrived two days before my assumption. I got it yesterday. Within 5 days, and just 3 working days. It is fast!!

They even work at night till 8:30 pm.

;)

QC_PEQ_Montreal said:

However, there is nothing showed for my online application status is (no info at all, even no "Application Received"), is this normal? maybe they do not update it so fast.

1st Quebec stage:

2nd Federal stage:

Medical Exam...: ? estimated 2013.05.16

I assume I will get the notice of Medical Exam either as soon as in a week, or as late as in a month? ?

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
donutbox said:
I see they do a urine and blood test, is there a list of diseases that they are checking for in the urine/blood test? Is this list publicly available? I want to know what conditions/diseases they are looking for....or more importantly, what conditions/diseases would make me inadmissible to Canada.
Hello...sorry this is late haven't logged in a while. I do not know what medical conditions they test for. It is not specified.

UPDATE: Still waiting for news after completing medical exam on April 18th. CIC Application Status still states "Application Received" and nothing else.