Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
BubbOZ said:
Hi Catou,

If you don't mind my asking, how far along are you folks in your process? One of you from NZ, I guess? :)

The last time I checked the CIC website, it quotes the Sydney, AU office as 11 month for Stage 2. Do you know when Stage 2 starts for those applications with MICC?? Better question, has our application gone through even Stage 1??

Does anybody know??? :)

Thanks...
You are right - one of us is francophone from Quebec, the other from NZ.

If you have the email asking you to proceed with the QC side of things then you have first stage approval, conditional on MICC approving on their side.

Sydney is powering through applications at the moment and doing them in fast-forward. Some applications are going through in as little as 3-4 months. Keep in mind the date for the posted processing times - this period covers the time when visa officers were on strike and things slowed down considerably. Before strike action started Sydney was taking 8 months. I wouldn't be surprised if the next update to processing times shows a shorter time frame than that.

Sydney doesn't officially start processing the application until they receive the CSQ. However, I suspect that they get background checks done while they are waiting for the CSQ. Things can move pretty quickly after the CSQ is received.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
BubbOZ said:
Hi folks,

I just got an email from the Sydney Visa Office asking for a copy of my CSQ, which is still in-progress.

I'm confused.

The MICC website says that "The MICC's decision will be transmitted directly to the Canadian Visa Office for the sponsored person's country." I understand that as the MICC will forward the CSQ to the Visa Office, and not the applicant sending it.

Is the real procedure for the applicant to send the CSQ to the Visa Office and not the MICC?

Thanks...
Heh, welcome to the world of Canada-Quebec politics ;)
MICC will fax the CSQ to Sydney as soon as it is ready. Sydney has set a deadline for the CSQ and will bring the file up on that date to review it.
MICC doesn't care about Sydney's deadline and Sydney couldn't give a hoot about how long MICC takes to approve the CSQ. It's nervewracking but they are both used to the system and it all works out okay in the end.

Respond to the email and tell Sydney that the CSQ application has been submitted (give them the date MICC received it) and that you are still waiting to hear back from MICC. You can also tell them that your credit card has not yet been charged so you can assume that MICC hasn't yet started working on the application.

I did this and as soon as Sydney received the CSQ they emailed me to tell me they had it.
Just don't stress - your email about the CSQ is simply an example of the way things work between MICC and CIC.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
I got my answer today from the MICC clerk over the phone.

MICC said that it's normal for the Visa Office to ask for a copy of the applicant's CSQ. It is at the discretion of the Visa Office so some ask for it and some do not.

Cheers...

BubbOZ said:
Hi folks,

I just got an email from the Sydney Visa Office asking for a copy of my CSQ, which is still in-progress.

I'm confused.

The MICC website says that "The MICC's decision will be transmitted directly to the Canadian Visa Office for the sponsored person's country." I understand that as the MICC will forward the CSQ to the Visa Office, and not the applicant sending it.

Is the real procedure for the applicant to send the CSQ to the Visa Office and not the MICC?

Thanks...

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Hey Catou...

Thanks for that... :)

I replied to the Sydney email with the date my CSQ application was received by MICC. I didn't tell them that my credit card has not been charged yet but I do plan to do so once it happens. That's what the MICC clerk told me; it's always helpful to keep the visa office informed.

Catou said:
Heh, welcome to the world of Canada-Quebec politics ;)
MICC will fax the CSQ to Sydney as soon as it is ready. Sydney has set a deadline for the CSQ and will bring the file up on that date to review it.
MICC doesn't care about Sydney's deadline and Sydney couldn't give a hoot about how long MICC takes to approve the CSQ. It's nervewracking but they are both used to the system and it all works out okay in the end.

Respond to the email and tell Sydney that the CSQ application has been submitted (give them the date MICC received it) and that you are still waiting to hear back from MICC. You can also tell them that your credit card has not yet been charged so you can assume that MICC hasn't yet started working on the application.

I did this and as soon as Sydney received the CSQ they emailed me to tell me they had it.
Just don't stress - your email about the CSQ is simply an example of the way things work between MICC and CIC.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
As soon as Sydney received which CSQ? The one MICC sent them or the one I will have to send them? Did Sydney ask for a copy of your CSQ or relied on the one MICC sent them?

Catou said:

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
BubbOZ said:
As soon as Sydney received which CSQ? The one MICC sent them or the one I will have to send them? Did Sydney ask for a copy of your CSQ or relied on the one MICC sent them?
Sydney only needs one. MICC faxed it through to them (which I thought strange in this day of quick and easy emails, but they still use a fax machine!) and MICC phoned to say they had done this. Sydney sent me an email the same day saying they had received it. So, if MICC sends it through to Sydney (they usually do) then you don't need to double-up and send another copy.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Thanks!

That's what I thought, too! Why would the Visa Office require two copies?! :)

Cheers...

Catou said:
Sydney only needs one. MICC faxed it through to them (which I thought strange in this day of quick and easy emails, but they still use a fax machine!) and MICC phoned to say they had done this. Sydney sent me an email the same day saying they had received it. So, if MICC sends it through to Sydney (they usually do) then you don't need to double-up and send another copy.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
UPDATE: MICC charged my credit card.

Type: Spousal
Visa Office: Sydney (Australia)

Medical Done - Submitted with CIC Application
Police Check Done - Submitted with CIC Application

2013/10/22 - CIC Application Received [Courier Date]
2013/11/06 - CIC Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) [Email Date] [2 weeks]
2013/11/07 - CIC Transfer to Visa Office (Sydney, Australia) [1 day]
2013/11/13 - CIC Letter to proceed with MICC [Snail mail Date] [1 week]
2013/11/20 - MICC Application Received [Courier Date] [1 week]
2013/11/27 - MICC Charged Credit Card [Courier Date] [1 week]

Running time: 5 weeks since 22-Oct-2013.

Waiting for CSQ decision in the mail...

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
BubbOZ said:
UPDATE: MICC charged my credit card.

Type: Spousal
Visa Office: Sydney (Australia)

Medical Done - Submitted with CIC Application
Police Check Done - Submitted with CIC Application

2013/10/22 - CIC Application Received [Courier Date]
2013/11/06 - CIC Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) [Email Date] [2 weeks]
2013/11/07 - CIC Transfer to Visa Office (Sydney, Australia) [1 day]
2013/11/13 - CIC Letter to proceed with MICC [Snail mail Date] [1 week]
2013/11/20 - MICC Application Received [Courier Date] [1 week]
2013/11/27 - MICC Charged Credit Card [Courier Date] [1 week]

Running time: 5 weeks since 22-Oct-2013.

Waiting for CSQ decision in the mail...
W00t! This is all happening very quickly for you :) Great news. Expect to know about your CSQ within 2-3 weeks. The way Sydney are charging through applications you could be getting good news by the New Year, with luck.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Thanks...:)

I see your status has changed. Congrats!! :)

Cheers,

Catou said:
W00t! This is all happening very quickly for you :) Great news. Expect to know about your CSQ within 2-3 weeks. The way Sydney are charging through applications you could be getting good news by the New Year, with luck.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
BubbOZ said:
Thanks...:)

I see your status has changed. Congrats!! :)

Cheers,
Thank you :) It's a great feeling when you get to this stage and I hope its a feeling you share very soon.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Cheers, matey... :)

If you don't mind my asking, how long has the process taken for you, approximately? Has it been faster than the posted processing times?

Catou said:
Thank you :) It's a great feeling when you get to this stage and I hope its a feeling you share very soon.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
BubbOZ said:
If you don't mind my asking, how long has the process taken for you, approximately? Has it been faster than the posted processing times?
Yes, definitely faster. When our application went in the first stage (sponsorship) was taking close to two months. The CSQ stage was 20 working days, and Sydney went from 9 months to 11 months. So, we expected it would take at least a year. It took half that. Every application is different but its entirely possible that you will have a decision within 6-8 weeks after you get the CSQ. I don't want to get your hopes up because, as I said, every application is different, but it's worth knowing that some applications are going through quickly. If you don't know then you can't plan and keep your options open.

I'll keep fingers crossed that you get good news by Christmas :D

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
That is correct. You say no to receiving the CSQ.

wixta said:
Hi guys i was wondering how you ansered IM0008 form question "have you received your CSQ"? I was under impression that I'm applying for Quebec after CIC approved my sponsor.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Yep... I realize each application will have its own timeline, but it's reassuring that some applications get through very quickly. :)

And yes, that would a great Xmas gift to both of us. :)

Catou said:
Yes, definitely faster. When our application went in the first stage (sponsorship) was taking close to two months. The CSQ stage was 20 working days, and Sydney went from 9 months to 11 months. So, we expected it would take at least a year. It took half that. Every application is different but its entirely possible that you will have a decision within 6-8 weeks after you get the CSQ. I don't want to get your hopes up because, as I said, every application is different, but it's worth knowing that some applications are going through quickly. If you don't know then you can't plan and keep your options open.

I'll keep fingers crossed that you get good news by Christmas :D