+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[ Quebec] New immigration rules and procedures effective August 1, 2013

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
New immigration rules and procedures effective August 1, 2013

Effective August 1, 2013, several changes will be made to the immigration rules and procedures.

New rules have been adopted regarding procedures for the intake and processing of certain applications for a selection certificate submitted by permanent workers, investors, businesspeople and self-employed workers. These new rules will be in effect from August 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.

The points in the selection grid granted to candidates for language knowledge have also changed.

Lastly, a new list of areas of training will enter into effect as of August 1, 2013.

Please consult the information below to determine if these new rules apply to your situation.

Permanent workers

Maximum number of applications
The Ministère will accept a maximum of 20,000 new applications for a Certificat de séléction du Québec under the Program for skilled workers, beyond which the applications received will be returned.

READ MORE: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/new-procedures.html

rjoyce

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 - July -2013
AOR Received.
09 - Sept - 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Request
18-March-2015
Med's Done....
25-March-2015
Interview........
08-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
21-April-2015
hope it will run smoothly for us who have just submitted apps weeks before july 1.. :D

gleni

Jan 23, 2013
Can anyone please help if you have information?
I just finished my documents and I'm ready to apply. Does this mean that I will be on the old rules and not affected by the new ones? And if this is the end of the old rules, does this mean that probably the number of applications is full and I shouldn't apply but wait? Because here says that for august march there will be 20.000 applications and anyone after that will be returned. Does this mean that mine, if sent now in July, could be returned because the number of intake applications must be complete?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
gleni said:
Can anyone please help if you have information?
I just finished my documents and I'm ready to apply. Does this mean that I will be on the old rules and not affected by the new ones? And if this is the end of the old rules, does this mean that probably the number of applications is full and I shouldn't apply but wait? Because here says that for august march there will be 20.000 applications and anyone after that will be returned. Does this mean that mine, if sent now in July, could be returned because the number of intake applications must be complete?
"These new rules will be in effect from August 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.".....This means if you submit your application before August 1, 2013, your application will be processed under the old rules, you will not be affected by the new rules.

The old rules end on July 31, 2013, the new rules start on August 1, 2013.

I have not read or seen anywhere about that "probably the number of applications is full". The rules don't involve "probably". I have seen any notices from Quebec that the cap is filled for the old rules.

"Does this mean that mine, if sent now in July, could be returned because the number of intake applications must be complete?" .....It does not matter when you send your application. What matters is when your application is actually delivered/accepted.....In other words, if you send your application from (January 1, 2013) but for whatever reason your application actually gets delivered on (or after) August 1, 2013, then your application will be processed under the new rules.

Note that since in this situation (where your application is delivered on (or after) August 1, 2013) your application would be processed under the new rules and as such your application needs to satisfy the "new rules" criteria (not the old rules).

If you want your application to get processed under the old rules, you need to get your application delivered before August 1, 2013.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donutbox said:
"These new rules will be in effect from August 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.".....This means if you submit your application before August 1, 2013, your application will be processed under the old rules, you will not be affected by the new rules.

I have not read or seen anywhere about that "probably the number of applications is full". The rules don't involve "probably". I have seen any notices from Quebec that the cap is filled for the old rules.

"Does this mean that mine, if sent now in July, could be returned because the number of intake applications must be complete?" .....It does not matter when you send your application. What matters is when your application is actually delivered/accepted.....In other words, if you send your application from (January 1, 2013) but for whatever reason your application actually gets delivered on (or after) August 1, 2013, then your application will be processed under the new rules.

Note that since in this situation (where your application is delivered on (or after) August 1, 2013) your application would be processed under the new rules and as such your application needs to satisfy the "new rules" criteria (not the old rules).

If you want your application to get processed under the old rules, you need to get your application delivered before August 1, 2013.

what about the people who have already got their AOR

gleni

Jan 23, 2013
donutbox said:

Thank you.

What I meant was based on the information for the period August 2013-March 2014, saying that they will accept 20.000 applications, and they will return whatever comes after this number is complete. Meaning that if 20.000 applications are reached by February 2014, those who apply on March 2014 might be returned. If they had a similar rule for this period that we are in, it March 2014 would be like me sending them now on July, on the last two weeks of this period. If they have reached 20.000 for this period, that means they could return mine. Or are you saying that this limit is not applicable with the old law? They don't have a limit for this period we are in?

ayham

Dec 7, 2012
HI ALL

I have sent all documents more than three months ago, and they have received it 3rd of April 2013.(quebec process) but still did not receive file number.
I would like to know if the changes which announced recently will affect my application or not.

Please advise.

agatumwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2013
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
sent with App.
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
These rules are really confusing! Lets wait and see what will happen after August 1st . Its a matter of days now.
Good luck everyone!

Troy9

Jul 28, 2013
I could not find the 2013 list of professions, but the regulations concerning new language requirements are the following:

Règlement modifi ant le Règlement sur la
pondération applicable à la sélection des
ressortissants étrangers
Loi sur l’immigration au Québec
(chapitre I-0.2, a. 3.4)
1. Le Règlement sur la pondération applicable à la sélection
des ressortissants étrangers (chapitre I-0.2, r. 2) est modifi é
par le remplacement, à la sous-catégorie I TRAVAILLEUR
QUALIFIÉ, du facteur « 4. Connaissances linguistiques »
par ce qui suit :
« Facteur 4. Connaissances linguistiques Maximum = 22
Critères Points
4.1 Français a) interaction orale
Maximum=16 – compréhension orale :
niveaux 1 et 2 0
niveaux 3 et 4 0
niveaux 5 et 6 0
niveaux 7 et 8 5
niveaux 9 et 10 6
niveaux 11 et 12 7
– production orale :
niveaux 1 et 2 0
niveaux 3 et 4 0
niveaux 5 et 6 0
niveaux 7 et 8 5
niveaux 9 et 10 6
niveaux 11 et 12 7
b) interaction écrite
– compréhension écrite :
niveaux 1 et 2 0
niveaux 3 et 4 0
niveaux 5 et 6 0
niveaux 7 et 8 1
niveaux 9 et 10 1
niveaux 11 et 12 1
– production écrite :
niveaux 1 et 2 0
niveaux 3 et 4 0
niveaux 5 et 6 0
niveaux 7 et 8 1
niveaux 9 et 10 1
niveaux 11 et 12 1
Critères Points
4.2 Anglais
Maximum 6 a) interaction orale
– compréhension orale :
niveaux 1 à 4 0
niveaux 5 à 8 1
niveaux 9 à 12 2
– production orale :
niveaux 1 à 4 0
niveaux 5 à 8 1
niveaux 9 à 12 2
b) interaction écrite
– compréhension écrite :
niveaux 1 à 4 0
niveaux 5 à 8 1
niveaux 9 à 12 1
– production écrite :
niveaux 1 à 4 0
niveaux 5 à 8 1
niveaux 9 à 12 1 ».

priboi911

Jul 31, 2013
New rules have been adopted regarding procedures for the intake and processing of certain applications for a selection certificate submitted by permanent workers, investors, businesspeople and self-employed workers. These new rules will be in effect from August 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.
Files currently being processed, that is, those for which processing began before August 1, 2013 are reviewed according to the rules currently in effect. Applications for which processing has not yet begun and those received after August 1, 2013, will be reviewed according to the new rules.

Please let me know your opinion about the above statements posted on Quebec website

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Quebec Completes Picture of Revised Skilled Worker Program

Following up on last month's news article, the Quebec Government has released the 2013 list of Areas of Training (domaines de formation) for the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) Program. This list is in effect as of August 1st and includes many significant changes. These new details, in addition to the updated language rules announced last month, now provide a complete picture of the revised Skilled Worker Program for the province of Quebec.

Quebec Areas of Training (Fields of Study)

This chart outlines the areas of training accepted under Group 1 and Group 2 of the Quebec selection grid. Please note that to receive these points the degree must be obtained within the five years prior to applying for Quebec immigration. If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year of the most previous five years in a field directly related to the degree obtained.

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program - Find Out if You Qualify

The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec.

Find out if you qualify Quebec Skilled Worker / Professional applicants intending to reside in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria than applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.

Determine your eligibility–Quebec-selected skilled workers

Quebec-selected skilled workers must apply in two stages.

You must first apply to the Quebec government for a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec). This is the official document that shows that the Government of Quebec has accepted you to that province. Visit the website of the Quebec ministry that handles immigration for more information on how to obtain a certificate.

Quebec-selected skilled workers are assessed according to Quebec's own selection factors.

Permanent workers

You wish to immigrate to Québec and work here? The following is a typical procedure based on the experiences of a great number of immigrants. Take the time to read it. It will give you an idea of the steps you have to follow to achieve your immigration plan. This may be the beginning of a process that will change your life. Success depends largely on you and your efforts.

Your 6-step procedure!

If you have not yet made the decision to immigrate to Québec, this standardized procedure will provide you with a wealth of information to help you make an informed decision.

If you have already made up your mind, save yourself some precious time. This procedure is filled with practical advice to speed up your immigration and integration proceedings.

1. Finding out about Québec
Do you like the idea of living in Québec? Have you thought about everything that this change in your life will involve? Getting the facts is a simple and inexpensive way to determine if your immigration plan is feasible.

2. Evaluating online your chances of being selected by Québec
You are well-informed about Québec and would like to immigrate? You may already fill out the Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration (PEI). This online tool enables you to evaluate your chances of being selected by Québec. Obtain an immediate response free of charge!

3. Submitting an official immigration application
Your plan to immigrate is becoming more concrete and you would like to submit an official immigration application. Note that special treatment is not given to applicants who retain the services of an immigration intermediary. Find out about the steps to follow to submit an official application.

4. Preparing before departure to make your integration into Québec easier
You will soon be leaving for Québec where you will begin a new life and discover new horizons. While waiting to obtain your permanent resident visa, take the time to prepare yourself and take certain steps before leaving. This will make it that much easier for you to integrate into Québec life.

5. Proceeding to the Immigration-Québec office upon arrival at the airport
You have reached your destination! Consult this section for an overview of the entry and reception formalities.

6. Taking steps to integrate successfully into Québec
To make your immigration process as smooth as possible, find out about the steps to follow once you arrive in Québec as well as the services offered by the government and its partner organizations to facilitate your integration.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

dani5h

Jan 15, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
Hey everyone, i just have one question regarding my application. My application was sent to the immigration department on June 18th but i still have not received AOR from them. Does this mean that it will be processed based on the new rules? Any help/guidance will be appreciated. Thanks....

Danish

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
dani5h said:
Hey everyone, i just have one question regarding my application. My application was sent to the immigration department on June 18th but i still have not received AOR from them. Does this mean that it will be processed based on the new rules? Any help/guidance will be appreciated. Thanks....

Danish

Immigration Rules and Procedures in effect since August 1, 2013

1. I submitted an immigration application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. How do I know if the new measures apply to me?

The new measures apply to you if, by August 1, 2013, you received one of the following documents from the Ministère:

- an acknowledgement confirming that your file has been opened and the fees received;
- an acknowledgement as well as a letter asking you to provide missing documents or conforming documents in order to process your application.

If, on August 1, 2013, you were in one of the situations described below, it means that your file has already being processed. Therefore, the new measures do not apply to you.

- You were convened to a selection interview that will take place in the next few weeks or months;
- You received a letter entitled “Demande en attente d'entrevue de selection” (application pending a selection interview) informing you that the initial evaluation of your application is complete and that you will soon be convened to an interview;
- You received a letter entitled “Demande en attente de decision” (application pending a decision) informing you that we will contact you once a decision has been made;
- You received a letter entitled “Intention de refus” (intent to refuse the application), informing you that you must submit other documents or information that will allow us to continue to review your file;
- You have already had a selection interview and your file has not been finalized.

For more information about the rules and procedures effective August 1, 2013, consult the page Immigration Rules and Procedures.

4. I submitted my immigration application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program before August 1, 2013. Will it be countedwithin the maximum number of applications the Ministère receives between August 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014?

No. Applications received before August 1, 2013 will not be counted within the maximum number of applications established by the Ministère for the period between August 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014.

Moreover, the rules regarding the maximum number of applications for a selection certificate that will be reviewed by the Ministère do not change Québec's immigration objectives (in French, 219 Kb). By limiting the number of applications received, the Ministère will be able to process a greater number of pending applications thereby reducing processing times.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

sukip

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
LANDED..........
Already Living in Canada
Hello,

I got My CSQ last year, i got married now and applied for my husband CSQ on july 15th. i got the payment recipt on july 26th.
and August 13th, they asked for me and my husbands birth certificates. we both dont know french. but i already got my CSQ having an interview as i had enof points.
My work permit expiring soon. Do u think i will get his CSQ and my new CSQ?

:(or will they consider mine as new?????
Please help!!!!