+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec immigration

Giuliana

Star Member
Oct 8, 2008
Hello,
i would like to ask you a question very important.
I am going to apply as skilled worker in quebec. If my application will be approved, then I am going to be permanent resident of the quebec?
Do I need a time to spend there or may I go wherever I want in Canada?

Is that true that when you received the positive confirmation as skilled worker from the quebec then you need to apply as permament resident of Canada?
Please, let me know guys,
I need this answers.
thank you
Giuliana

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Giuliana said:
Hello,
i would like to ask you a question very important.
I am going to apply as skilled worker in quebec. If my application will be approved, then I am going to be permanent resident of the quebec?
Do I need a time to spend there or may I go wherever I want in Canada?

Is that true that when you received the positive confirmation as skilled worker from the quebec then you need to apply as permament resident of Canada?
Please, let me know guys,
I need this answers.
thank you
Giuliana
Hello Giuliana,
To immigrate to Quebec, you will need the csq but once you get the visa, you can go wherever you want to be in Canada. Yes, Quebec will send you csq and you have to use that to apply for the federal.
Cheers,

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi,
I read somewhere on this forum that you need to sign a letter called Schedule 5 while sending your application to Quebec.
As per this you commit to Quebec regarding your intention to stay and settle in Quebec after getting PR.
Now, if you move out of Quebec after getting CSQ, then Quebec can lift their PNP status for your PR and you can be in trouble.

beauhoe said:
Hello Giuliana,
To immigrate to Quebec, you will need the csq but once you get the visa, you can go wherever you want to be in Canada. Yes, Quebec will send you csq and you have to use that to apply for the federal.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
Hi,
I read somewhere on this forum that you need to sign a letter called Schedule 5 while sending your application to Quebec.
As per this you commit to Quebec regarding your intention to stay and settle in Quebec after getting PR.
Now, if you move out of Quebec after getting CSQ, then Quebec can lift their PNP status for your PR and you can be in trouble.
With your pr card you can go anywhere in Canada but after 183 days outside QC you will no longer have your carte du soleil (health insurance card) as well as your CSQ. Your pr card will allows you to get health insurance card anywhere you go here in Canada. I discussed this with Micc, Carrefour jeuness and Quebec pliriel officers and the answer is that you are on your own...But why leave the beautiful state? I am not going anywhere my friend.
Cheers,

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
HI beauhoe,
Thanks a lot dear.. this has been a quite hot issue among quebec immigrants that whether they can move out of Quebec once they land there or not.

I am sure that since you have discussed with MICC and quebec officers about this, now it can be believed.
A small confusion here. request to clear it.

The basis of my PR is CSQ given by Quebec. now if CSQ is no longer valid, then how come PR card gets valid.
As you know the quebec has its own immigration process. Once it CSQ is issued by Quebec, then for CIC it is just a formality for checking medicals and police records. Here at the CIC stage they dont validate the applicant for any other criteria as established for FSW.
Here you are QSW for them and if you leave Quebec, then the entire purpose is vanished of granting CSQ and QSW.

This is what I think. I may be wrong also. Pls correct me.

beauhoe said:
With your pr card you can go anywhere in Canada but after 183 days outside QC you will no longer have your carte du soleil (health insurance card) as well as your CSQ. Your pr card will allows you to get health insurance card anywhere you go here in Canada. I discussed this with Micc, Carrefour jeuness and Quebec pliriel officers and the answer is that you are on your own...But why leave the beautiful state? I am not going anywhere my friend.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
HI beauhoe,
Thanks a lot dear.. this has been a quite hot issue among quebec immigrants that whether they can move out of Quebec once they land there or not.

I am sure that since you have discussed with MICC and quebec officers about this, now it can be believed.
A small confusion here. request to clear it.

The basis of my PR is CSQ given by Quebec. now if CSQ is no longer valid, then how come PR card gets valid.
As you know the quebec has its own immigration process. Once it CSQ is issued by Quebec, then for CIC it is just a formality for checking medicals and police records. Here at the CIC stage they dont validate the applicant for any other criteria as established for FSW.
Here you are QSW for them and if you leave Quebec, then the entire purpose is vanished of granting CSQ and QSW.

This is what I think. I may be wrong also. Pls correct me.
I think the CSQ is just a statistically of controlling who is coming to Quebec and beside that I am not sure of what it serve at the long run when the immigrant decided to go and stay in another province. Again, Quebec is a beautiful province with a lot of advantages I will not trade it to any other province or territories. I belong to here that is just me my friend.
Cheers,