+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - So hopeless system!!! File number awaiting since 3.5 years

aashu158

Nov 27, 2017
Hello,

I have applied my Permanent resident file in Quebec Skilled Worker Program and have sent my filled form on 24th May 2014 and the same was received in Montreal on 29th May 2014.

But you all will be surprised to know that till date there has been no response about file number or anything from Quebec Immigration. Even one of my friends applied after 2 month and got his file number in Oct 2016 and finally got the PR. SO happy for him but I have not got any response for more than 3.5 years (not even rejection) from Quebec Immigration.

I have applied with lot of preparations investing my money, time and uncountable efforts but all seems to be useless.

I have mailed them twice or thrice but all in vain. Now I am really fed up of Quebec Immigration as such kind of negligence is really painful and not expected at all. After such a long time I don't know whether I should keep any hopes for the same or not.

Can someone help me in any ways in this regards??

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hmm... I'm sorry but I didn't understand if you applied for Quebec selection certificate from Immigration Quebec, or you already got it and submitted your application for federal permanent residency to Immigration Canada?
Can you not call them? They must have something to say, at least that they have your application. Maybe it got lost? From where did you apply?

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Quebec immigration has two stages.

First is the csq( quebec selection certificate) stage which could take from 1 year to 5 years depending on your nationality and location.

Second is the federal stage which takes 14months as of now.

So which stage are you in now?

The procedure is straight foward.

To know your csq(quebec selection certificate) file number call quebec immigration with
  • Outside Québec: + 1 514 864-9191
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html

Last edited:

JacobitoBello

Jan 4, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
December 2013
AOR Received.
May 2014
I have the same dilemma whether to continue my application. Here's my time line.
Application sent: December 2013
AOR: May 2014
Intention to reject: June 2016
Since then, I didn't have an update after I sent my additional requirements for the intention. Now I'm planning to apply for student visa instead