+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

ggadhavi

Dec 31, 2013
Hello visaexpert,

I have done B.E Computers,having 3+ years of experience in an French based MNC in india as a Senior Software Engineer.Can u tell me based on this information that m i eligible for Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program OR NOT? i have no knowledge about French and did not go for IELTS.Can i apply without French language knowledge and IELTS?

Regards
Gadhavi

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
ggadhavi said:
Hello visaexpert,

I have done B.E Computers,having 3+ years of experience in an French based MNC in india as a Senior Software Engineer.Can u tell me based on this information that m i eligible for Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program OR NOT? i have no knowledge about French and did not go for IELTS.Can i apply without French language knowledge and IELTS?

Regards
Gadhavi
Hi
i am from Computer Engineering. i hope if you meet the point you can apply for Quebec Skilled Worker program without France language. Kindly attend IELTS exam. soon before apply.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my AOR today via mail. File was opened Dec 19, 2013. I guess it got delayed in the mail system. :)

stevenllc

May 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Applied for PR on 21 May 2013, received AOR from CIO on 27 July. Still waiting for medical request. Nairobi visa office.

rafe_lovely

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Hy experts,

Please advice for education points for one of my friends. they wanna to apply for Quebec Skill worker.

He has total 18 year education.

2 year BSC,
2 year MSC chemistry.
2 years MS in chemistry.

and Spouse has

2 year BSC
2 year Master in computer science.
2 years MS-Master in computer engieener. total 18 years education.

Both husband and wife 2 year bachelor degree but after bachelor degree they have completed 4 years education as i mentioned above.

All education is completed in Pakistan.

Now need your advice about points calculations about education and area of trainings where they can claim points.

Chavaruid

Jan 9, 2014
Hi There ,

First of all I want to appreciate you all for the valuable suggestions and advices.

I applied for Quebec PR through an agency in 2011 last.I'm a Nursing professional. I got a mail from my consultancy( its been almost one year )saying that they have received from the Quebec immigration office at Hong Kong that they have opened my file and assign the file no HA-XXXXXXXXX and Ref # HA XXXXXXX .They also acknowledge my payments too.After that i haven't any information.My consultancy told me to wait until march.

I have some doubts regarding my application processing ..Im not getting a clear picture from my coordinator .

1. What will be the next step in my application processing ?
2. Do I need to submit any other application ?
3. What is this file number actually (the one I got starting with HA )
4. Is there any way to check my application status using this file no ? Whn i tried they said its not the actual format.
5. What will be normal processing time ..

Thank you for your time.
In anticipation
anoop.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chavaruid said:
Hi There ,

First of all I want to appreciate you all for the valuable suggestions and advices.

I applied for Quebec PR through an agency in 2011 last.I'm a Nursing professional. I got a mail from my consultancy( its been almost one year )saying that they have received from the Quebec immigration office at Hong Kong that they have opened my file and assign the file no HA-XXXXXXXXX and Ref # HA XXXXXXX .They also acknowledge my payments too.After that i haven't any information.My consultancy told me to wait until march.

I have some doubts regarding my application processing ..Im not getting a clear picture from my coordinator .

1. What will be the next step in my application processing ?
2. Do I need to submit any other application ?
3. What is this file number actually (the one I got starting with HA )
4. Is there any way to check my application status using this file no ? Whn i tried they said its not the actual format.
5. What will be normal processing time ..

Thank you for your time.
In anticipation
anoop.
1. Wait for interview
2. No
3. It is for sending any updates to your file
4. No need
5. Depends on the priority of your application. Check the website for ranking in priority of apps.

laine.cheng

Jan 10, 2014
hi! I'm new in this forum... I'd like to ask if you guys applied for the quebec permanent residence on your own or you consulted an Immigration law firm... I'm planning to start processing papers but I'm weighing the pros and cons of doing it it independently without a consultant ..thanks! :D

che2xoxo

Jan 11, 2014
Hi! im new here.. and i have a question...

Im a NURSE RELIEVER for 1 and half a year now in our hospital... Will that qualify me to apply for QSW Program??? or do u really have to be a STAFF NURSE in order to apply??? plss help.. im really confused Sad

Hope someone can answer to my query.

ladymary_mtl

Jan 12, 2014
Hi all !

I have a technical question regarding work permit extension for Quebec Skilled Worker awaiting a decision on their PR application.

My post-graduation work permit expires on March 28, 2014. I am in the process of applying for an employer-specific work permit (Changing my work permit conditions under IMM 5710). I obtained my CSQ in September 2013 and am applying under the Quebec Skilled Worker category. I am thus exempt from providing a CAQ and LMO.
I am currently filling out the online questionnaire to determine whether my permit extension may be submitted online. To the question, "Which situation best describes your current situation", I had initially answered "Provincial Nominee Program Certificate Holder", which redirected me to the link to apply for a work permit extension online (yay!). However, I read that the Quebec Skilled Worker Program is technically not a PNP. My answer to this question regarding my current situation should thus be "Other", in which case I am not given the possibility to submit an online application (nay :-[) ...

Has any Quebec Skilled Worker / CSQ-holder ever applied online for a work permit renewal stating they were PNC holders and have their application accepted ? Can the CSQ for a Quebec Skilled Worker be referred to was a "Provincial Nominee Program Certificate" ?

This may just be a tiny wording issue but i do not want to take the chance to have my online application rejected because I applied under PNP when I shouldn't have. Please HELP ! Thank you for any advise or insight (And apologies if this question already came up in the forum!)

Marie

kelsey1900

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
10/08/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Interview........
22-02-2014
Hi,

i got called for an interview 3 months after i was notified to look forward to one pending the final decision on my application. As the interview is next month, i am preparing myself well for that. I have some quick questions though.....
1. does anyone have any link with some examples of questions i should be expected to be asked?
2. Is it all in french? Can i respond in english when i know exactly what they want but am confused as to how to answer in french (on specific occasions)?
3. When I get approved, what is the next step? i havent done my meds yet?
4. After my meds and all the other processes, how long do i have to leave my present location to quebec?

giri_pk2002

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-04-2014
Hi guys, This is my first post in the forum. Could you evaluate my profile ? Much appreciated.

Schooling: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science & Engineering from India. Currently pursuing Master of Computer Science in Montreal.
Work experience: 3 years in India. 4 months in Quebec.
No IELTS or French certificates.
Offer of employment from Quebec: Yes, but I am not sure if it is evaluated by Quebec government.

Thanks,
G.

Cc huang

Jan 18, 2014
Hi Mary,

I have the exact same problem. It is nice to see I am not the only one in this predicament.
Did you get an answer or found a solution by any chance?

Regards,

Shiraz65

Jan 17, 2014
Hi All;

I need a problem and would be so delighted if you could help me. Can I open a file number with A2/B1 and then in a year update it to B2/B2 when I will be ready ?