+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

varungarg

Feb 26, 2012
Dear All,

I have done my Master of Computer Applications from india and having 4 years of Experience in the Software Testing , How much Points i will Get for My master degree and for my Area of Training ( AOT) , and also tell me one more thing how much bands should i score in IELTS exam if i wanted to Claim 6/6 Points in English Language Test under the Skilled worker Category of Quebec .

Please Suggest on Priority.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Varun Garg

nismo51

Feb 29, 2012
Thank you very much mkshah.

Your suggestions are valuable for us.

But as far as we know, Bsc MLT (medical laboratory technology) gives 12 points in area of training rather than B.Tech in mechanical engineering which gives only 6 points in area of training (degrees gained outside of Quebec).

Also if AOT gives 12 points there is no cap in applications rather than AOT of 6 points which has cap of 14500.

Thats why we are considering of going with my degree of Bsc. MLT as principal applicant.

Please correct me if i am wrong. also can u please give us point wise allocation to get a clear picture.

Yes work experience of my spouse is related to mechanical engineering only, ielts not given.

je vous remercie beaucoup!

mkshah said:
Hi nismo51,
Your profiles seems good to go,
But ur chances of getting csq will become more strong if your spouse can become Principal Applicant, since his credentials looks more superior than yours, such as btech degree, b1 french etc.

Just few points related to ur spouse:
is the work experience of your spouse related to his btech education?
And what is ielts score for your spouse?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
varungarg said:
Dear All,

I have done my Master of Computer Applications from india and having 4 years of Experience in the Software Testing , How much Points i will Get for My master degree 12 pts and for my Area of Training ( AOT) group 2, 6 pts, code C053 , and also tell me one more thing how much bands Listening 8+ bands , speaking 7.5+ bands should i score in IELTS exam if i wanted to Claim 6/6 Points in English Language Test under the Skilled worker Category of Quebec .

Please Suggest on Priority.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Varun Garg

jvictorfc

Aug 16, 2011
Hi friends,

Only the principal applicant earn points for work experience isnt that? I am asking that because I am finding dificult to get the letters from my wife's ex jobs, so I could just write nothing on her experiences, but whether or not it would be a problem for us?

Just as her I also think about not wrinting about our work experience in USA in 2007 as I find difficult of getting the letters from the company.

Would just not writing those experience in those cases be a problem for us?

My other doubt is about certified true copies, is that ok if we just send all notorized? university certifications, transcript, etc..?

Thanx in advance..

Thanx

varungarg

Feb 26, 2012
Dear Members,
Need Suggestion on 1 point which is for the funds , how much funds do i need to show for the single applicant for Quebec QSW and what are the forms to show it.

1. can it be in form of Tax saving Fixed Deposits.
2. Can it be in form of PF Account.
3. Can it be in form of NSC.

Please Suggest the best way of showing the Funds to claim 1 Point.

Thanks & Regards
varun garg

PrimGS

Mar 25, 2012
Upon arrival at the airport, how much proof of funds do immigration officers ask for Quebec skilled workers In the official website of quebec they only require 1 applicant to show CAD $ 2,889 and NOT $11,115 as stated in the CIC website. Are they strict about this? I'm worried that I might not be able to show $11K because all along I was informed that you only need $2,889 for quebec immigration. For those who got a successful PR status upon arrival at the airport, I need your experiences on this Thanks!

NIKHIL111

Oct 26, 2011
Hello Friends

Can you guys advice if I am eligible to apply for quebec. my profile details are

Marital status: Single
Current temporary residence: UK
Qualification: Bachelors in Textile Sciences- 2002-2006 (4 years) & MBA in Finance & Investment Management - 2010-2011 ( 1 year from UK)
Area of Training: Bachelors in Textile Sciences & MBA in Finance and Investment Management
Experience: 3.5 years from September 2006 to March 2010 as a senior merchandiser in textile industry English Language: Need to give IELTS exam ( I can easily score 6 bands in speaking and listening)
French Language: Need to take classes and give exam

Thanks in advance
Nikhil :)

May 2, 2012
abhisri200k said:
Yes you are eligble to apply for the Quebec Selection Certificate.
Bon Chance!

Your QSW Points based on your Qualifications/Inputs
Points For >> Points Eared >> (Remarks/Suggestion If any)
=============================================================================================================
Your Education Points >> 10
Your Area of Training Points >> 6
Your Quebec Employment offer Points >> 0 >> (You can earn upto 10 points by getting a job offer from a Quebec Employer)
Your Work Experience Points >> 8
Your Age Points >> 16
Your French Listening Points >> 4 >> (It seems you have already appeared for B1 Level of French Now Try to prepare for French B2 Level which will give you total 6 Points)
Your French Speaking Points >> 4 >> (It seems you have already appeared for B1 Level of French Now Try to prepare for French B2 Level which will give you total 6 Points)
Your English Listening Points >> 2
Your English Speaking Points >> 2
Your Lived/Stayed in Quebec Points >> 0
Your Family in Quebec Points >> 0
As you are not Married, Spouse Characteristics Points is Not Applicable for you.
As you have no child, you cannot claim points for the same.
Financial Self-sufficiency Points >> 1
Total Points >> 53
Thanks Abhisri for your reply & detailed point calculation.

just I am still confused whether they award point for 1 year diploma(distance learning) or not after 12+3.

What I have checked through internet sources they consider distance learning only from IGNOU however my diploma will be from Narsee Munji institute of Management.

shimpy

Apr 28, 2012
abhisri200k said:
Based on your details you are 2 points short:

Points For >> Points Eared >> (Remarks/Suggestion If any)
=============================================================================================================
Your Education Points >> 10
Your Area of Training Points >> 12
Your Quebec Employment offer Points >> 0 >> (You can earn upto 10 points by getting a job offer from a Quebec Employer)
Your Work Experience Points >> 4
Your Age Points >> 16
Your French Listening Points >> 0 >> (You can earn Upto 8 Points for French Listening Try to prepare for French A1 Level which will give you 1 Point)
Your French Speaking Points >> 0 >> (You can earn Upto 8 Points for French Speaking Try to prepare for French A1 Level which will give you 1 Point)
Your English Listening Points >> 2
Your English Speaking Points >> 2
Your Lived/Stayed in Quebec Points >> 0
Your Family in Quebec Points >> 0
As you are not Married, Spouse Characteristics Points is Not Applicable for you.
As you have no child, you cannot claim points for the same.
Financial Self-sufficiency Points >> 1
Total Points >> 47

• A Single applicant must score at least 49 points.
  • Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability. With these points awarded, a Single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points.
hi can u please tell me that how many points will i get for french as i have done a1 nd got 16 in listening and 16 in speaking in DELF

shimpy

Apr 28, 2012
thanks for your help. now i want to ask that how many points will i get if get 16 each in listening and speaking of DELF A1

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shimpy said:
thanks for your help. now i want to ask that how many points will i get if get 16 each in listening and speaking of DELF A1
1(listening) + 1(speaking) = 2 Points

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shimpy said:

as per new rule you will get 4 points for the listening and speaking both of them but the attestion for the DELF is not acceptable by quebec authorities you ve to submit the original certificate

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umer Shahzad said:
as per new rule you will get 4 points for the listening and speaking both of them but the attestion for the DELF is not acceptable by quebec authorities you ve to submit the original certificate
Umer Shahzad said:
Hello francis can you please check the new GUI before posting advice to the forum members cheers
shimpy said:
It's better for you to check the GUI before posting anything coz Skimpy asked about the points of delf A1 if he gets 16 marks in listening and speaking, Delf a1 gives 2 points not 4 points.

To confirm Please see the page 38 on the link given below :

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf