+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec - Ielts - Really Only Speak and Listening

jvictorfc

Aug 16, 2011
Hi,

I am going to do the ielts test soon, and I am willing if I should prepare also for writing and reading as in the DCS form for Quebec Immigration they ask us to write only our score for speaking and listening. Is there a problem if we dont get even a 4 in reading and writing skills? Will we be eliminated by the test? I didnt see anything about that anyware.

Thanx a lot

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
jvictorfc said:
Hi,

I am going to do the ielts test soon, and I am willing if I should prepare also for writing and reading as in the DCS form for Quebec Immigration they ask us to write only our score for speaking and listening. Is there a problem if we dont get even a 4 in reading and writing skills? Will we be eliminated by the test? I didnt see anything about that anyware.

Thanx a lot
Hi jvictorfc,
Yes it is correct.

For Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) category, you need to provide scores of only 2 sections: LISTENING and SPEAKING for language tests of English as well as French. So, even if you score less in reading & writing, no need to worry at all.

Following language tests are approved by Quebec Immigration for QSW to claim points of language proficiency in the selection grid.
IELTS for ENGLISH
DELF/DALF, TEF, TCF, TEFaQ, TCFQ for French.

jvictorfc

Aug 16, 2011
I hadnt seen any official document saying that, do you know if the academic version can be done in stead of general? I read somewhere that speaking and listeming part of that are similar. Thx

mkshah said:
Hi jvictorfc,
Yes it is correct.

For Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) category, you need to provide scores of only 2 sections: LISTENING and SPEAKING for language tests of English as well as French. So, even if you score less in reading & writing, no need to worry at all.

Following language tests are approved by Quebec Immigration for QSW to claim points of language proficiency in the selection grid.
IELTS for ENGLISH
DELF/DALF, TEF, TCF, TEFaQ, TCFQ for French.