+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC CSQ.. AREA OF TRAINING POINTS .... CONFUSED

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello everyone

I graduated as Vet. Doctor ( 5 years bachelor) 2004 ...... Then Diploma of marketing ( 16 month , 4 semesters) 2009 ....... now in Canada, by Dec. 2010 will finish one year marketing management certificate.....
I know I will have 10 points in education cause I have bachelor ... but what about the area of training points .. after I read area of training list 2009 I know I will have 0 points for Vet. medicine bachelor as they mention but do you think I will have any points for diploma and certificate in marketing cause they mention that there are 12 points for business management diploma for 3 years ??

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Business Management diploma and Marketing diploma/certificate are two separate fields. I doubt that they will give you points. If you're very knowledgeable in French then you should be able to score high points for language. Good luck!

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thanks quebechoefull
could I ask you what is the best way to get good points from French I mean what is the exams for that ?? and it is hard for someone like me who is basic french to pass it after extra courses I plan to take the next months ???

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to Quebec immigration website:

# To evaluate your language knowledge if neither French nor English is your mother tongue, you can enclose documentary proof attesting to your proficiency in French or English and, if applicable, that of your spouse.
# To demonstrate your French language knowledge and speed up the processing of your application, enclose with your Application for a Selection Certificate an attestation relative to either one of the two tests recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) for assessing French language knowledge – either

* a Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ – French evaluation test adapted for Québec) or
* a Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ – French language knowledge test for Québec)

# You can also submit an attestation for: the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF), the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF), the Test de connaissance de français (TCF) or the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF). If you choose the TCF or the TEF, you must enclose an attestation of the results of both the oral comprehension test (mandatory test) and the oral expression test (optional test). Please consult the table (in French – PDF, 54 Kb) for a detailed description of these French tests.

There's no secret to getting good points. Enroll in courses and study hard.

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
quebechopefull said:
According to Quebec immigration website:

# To evaluate your language knowledge if neither French nor English is your mother tongue, you can enclose documentary proof attesting to your proficiency in French or English and, if applicable, that of your spouse.
# To demonstrate your French language knowledge and speed up the processing of your application, enclose with your Application for a Selection Certificate an attestation relative to either one of the two tests recognized by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) for assessing French language knowledge – either

* a Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ – French evaluation test adapted for Québec) or
* a Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ – French language knowledge test for Québec)

# You can also submit an attestation for: the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF), the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF), the Test de connaissance de français (TCF) or the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF). If you choose the TCF or the TEF, you must enclose an attestation of the results of both the oral comprehension test (mandatory test) and the oral expression test (optional test). Please consult the table (in French – PDF, 54 Kb) for a detailed description of these French tests.

There's no secret to getting good points. Enroll in courses and study hard.
I did TCFQ, the trick is they test your oral skills, no writing required, so tailor your studies accordingly. Good luck.

rose1

May 18, 2011
QUEBEC CSQ TCF

I am an international student and i have been asked for a french test for my CSQ. I was wondering if that's the case for the others too.
Besides, anybody has information about where should i register for a TCF exam in Montreal? How long does it take for them to release the result? or if i can make a request to immigration to replace this test with an interview in MICC?

Thanks.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Re: QUEBEC CSQ TCF

hey rose,

there is no provision to 'request' micc to conduct an interview in lieu of the french test. am sure there should be testing centers in montreal.

just google and check for these tests... DELF, TEF, TEFAQ. am sure you will land up with the required info.

:)
rose1 said:
I am an international student and i have been asked for a french test for my CSQ. I was wondering if that's the case for the others too.
Besides, anybody has information about where should i register for a TCF exam in Montreal? How long does it take for them to release the result? or if i can make a request to immigration to replace this test with an interview in MICC?

Thanks.