+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
No dear, mine was unusual.i applied as a Chemist which was on d priority list. i got my AOR 2 1/2 months after initial submission without any hint that my file will be priotized. so i thought priority had been cancelled. there was no evidence that my BankDraft had been charged either as at the time i received my AoR bcos there was no payment receipt attached to my AOR.the only thing that came alongside my AOR was a list of missing document where i was asked to submit IELTS/TOFLE result as a proof of my english ability i responded to this by submitting a letter from my university stating that i had had my education in English. and that was all..... and one week after this i got my CSQ+payment receipt+other quebec related resources+ evidence of priority treatment (PERM 132a)
hi egrace, just a curious question. as a chemist, what is your course/education. :)

manu_91

Aug 30, 2011
Hi,
I applied to quebec Hong Knong office in Aug 2011
I had attached IELTS RESULTS
Listening--7.5
Speaking 7
With above bands I have claimed 6/6 advanced level in english
Please guide that whether above band pertains to 6 english level
I am DELF B1 also but without 6 in english i will be short of 49 points

Please suggest as I am very worried

Thanks in advance

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
manu_91 said:
Hi,
I applied to quebec Hong Knong office in Aug 2011
I had attached IELTS RESULTS
Listening--7.5
Speaking 7
With above bands I have claimed 6/6 advanced level in english
Please guide that whether above band pertains to 6 english levelyes its fine
I am DELF B1 also but without 6 in english i will be short of 49 points

Please suggest as I am very worried

Thanks in advance

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hello friends,
Just checking my understanding here, Pls correct if it is wrong.

1.There is no pass/fail criteria in TCF/TEF as it is with DELF/DALF.
2.Though you are scoring less in 1 sections, but you can get better scores in other sections and result certificate will be considered valid for this other sections.

3.TCF/TEF which is full test of all 3 compulsory papers and 2 optional papers, which sections of the following are considered to give points for quebec immigration?

Listening Comprehension,
Command of Language Structures,
Reading comprehension,
Oral expression,
Written expression,

4.Even if we didnot scored good in other sections than the ones reqd by quebec immigration, They are not concerned with the rest of scores for other papers of the test. Is it correct?

Pls advice.

immi_advice

Aug 30, 2011
Dear All,
I have gone through many of the threads on this forum and really appreciate the good work you guys are doing to help others.
I am from India and wish to immigrate to Canada under quebec with my wife and child.

My details:
Iam 32 years old
I am married and have a wife and one 3 years old daughter.
Iam a software engineer with a Masters in Compter Appllication.
I have 6 years experience.
I have Band of 7 in IELTS (Listening-7.5,Reading-7.5,Writing-7,Speaking-6.5)
Don't know French.Plan to join french classes.

Spouse Details:
She is 36 years old.
She is a medical coder and hold 6 years working experience.
She speaks English very well.
She holds a Masters in Compter Appllication degree as well.
My wife has 10 years experience as part time homeopathic doctor.
Does not know French.

Can someone please explain the points criteria?Do we meet it?What are our chances of immigrating to Quebec?

Do I need to take french training and exam?What level I need to clear to get points for French?Which of these TEFAQ/TCFQ/DELF/DALF/TCF/TEF exams I need to give and whats the points criteria for these?

Can I file my case now and submit proof of french classes/exam to the BIQ or consulate in 3-4 months time?Will that be ok or can lead to delays?

As I understand from Quebec immigration website,we need to file our case in hongkong BIQ.What are the chances of getting an interview waiver?In case its scheduled where will this be taken in New Delhi or in HongKong?

How much time does whole Quebec immigration process generally takes?

Hoping to get your expert advice at the earliest.Thanks in advance.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joidiple said:
hi egrace, just a curious question. as a chemist, what is your course/education. :)
a 4years degree program in Industrial Chemistry 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

dided

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys ! i've a question how many points does pharmacists take 6 or 12?and it's not a quebec degree its a forgien bac.degree..

thanks

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
dear manu,
in english 6.5(LISTENING).......3
7.0.(SPEAKING).......3
------
B1.......................8
---------

Jul 11, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to apply for the Quebec Skilled worker program and would like to know if I would be eligible for it. Could someone please look into my details and let me know if I am eligible. Following are my details:

Education: Masters in MIS (USA), Diploma in Computers
Work exp: Business Management Analyst - 4 years
English : IELTS: 8 band score (Can I submit a photocopy as I submitted the original for the FSW application which I didnt make due to the CAP and hence havent received back the original)
French : Planning to take basic french course
No children

Spouse:
Education: Bachelors in BBA
Work Exp: None
French : Planning to take basic french course

No ties with Quebec.

will be able to show finacial independence.

Also do we need to submit PCCs for Quebec immigration?

Please help.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
Dear Hussen please don't misguide the forum members,

Pharmacy 4 years foreign degree is in section E and has 0.
This was debatable in the past too but please make sure whatever we write should satisfy the member's need.

thanks
For more information please visit page 13/16 of the following link.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

immi_advice

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks Hussen for your reply.But I will appreciate if someone and respond to my queries in detail..quebec2011 would you please oblige.Thanks

montie

Aug 31, 2011
I have received my file # last June 2011 and I'm still waiting for my schedule of interview. About a week a go, my consultant emailed me that my application has been refused but they made an appeal and still waiting for a decision. I was wondering, how can they refuse my application without having a solid ground? The fact that i was given a file # concludes that they have received my application with complete required documents and that I met their criteria. I am aware that I may only be refused if I failed to pass my interview. Could you enlighten me with my case? Thank you so much!

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immi_advice said:
Thanks Hussen for your reply.But I will appreciate if someone and respond to my queries in detail..quebec2011 would you please oblige.Thanks
"Quebec2011" is right. Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Bach.-4 years) has 0 points. To confirm, please refer the link given in Quebec2011's post. You will only get 16 points, if it's a quebec degree.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montie said:
I have received my file # last June 2011 and I'm still waiting for my schedule of interview. About a week a go, my consultant emailed me that my application has been refused but they made an appeal and still waiting for a decision. I was wondering, how can they refuse my application without having a solid ground? The fact that i was given a file # concludes that they have received my application with complete required documents and that I met their criteria. I am aware that I may only be refused if I failed to pass my interview. Could you enlighten me with my case? Thank you so much!
Did you get any refusal letter from BIQ? if yes, what is the reason they have given for refusal. Please tell us about your case so that we can reply you accordingly.