+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

boom

Jun 4, 2010
i just completed online evaluation for Quebec.If i select French at Advance Level i pass , otherwise i dont qualify. Currenlty i have zero knowledge of French .So plz suggest whether i should submit the application or not? Is it possible that i submit application without French and enroll in French once i get CSQ? Dear Shahi could you please comment on this.....thx

solokru said:
hello Boom,

1. It depends on the country where you are legally a resident. Check this link for the processing times in HK. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

2. French is required in Quebec and knowledge in English would be an asset. It would be very helpful to know the language before landing in Quebec. A French language certification would definitely help in speeding up your application as stated in the Quebec Immigration website.

3. There is no minimum level of French required but it would definitely be of great help if you are trying to score points for your immigration application in Quebec to know and speak French and English as fluently as possible. I myself wouldn't pass a French certificate since I speak almost no French. I will submit my IELTS and TOEFL scores though to certify my profiiency in English.

4. Providing a certificate for French language would not automatically exempt you from being interviewed in HK (or in any other offices). Garnering enough points for your qualifications listed in the application would enable you to skip the interview process and getting a CSQ.

Try to read most of the posts in this thread. I'm pretty sure it'll help you a lot in understanding your options in applying as an immigrant in Quebec. :)

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey chibiks..

It's recommended to send all your supporting documents along with your application, however if your french language test result from your university was the only french language proficiency proof available at the time you apply, later you passed TEF/DELF, you should update your file with the progress u have made.

Please note, the interview is not set only to verify your linguistic abilities, rather it is set to verify any missing/blur points in your application.
So an "interview waiver" is not granted to fluent french speakers by default, and on opposite, many non-french speakers with clear/complete have received their CSQ without being interviewed.

I hope u got my point.

As for the "non in demand" occupations processing times, I really do not think it is the way things run; simply cause there's no official statement affirming so.
Shahi has given you himself an an example.
However, we all have already started the journey..AND WE SHALL GO THROUGH IT TILL THE END TO REACH OUR DREAM..NO MATTER THE OBSTACLES WE MAY FACE..NO MATTER THE LONG PAINFUL WAIT WE MAY ENDURE.

:)

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anumatri..

It is not sure when they would call to invite you to the interview.
Please be sure that you will have enough time in advance to get prepared.

Good luck.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hey Anumatri ...Have patience..the interview will come soon..see the schedules for CSQ in your country or the embassy covering your country of application..Apart from waiting there is nothing much to do.

Chibiks..i think iceberg has explained even better than me. Just be prepared for the interview as it would help your french as well.

Boom ...the reply you got in points absolutely is true and precise..Follow them and u ll what u want to know. I would suggest cleat atleast french exam DELF A2 before applying.

Shahi

Sarah11

Oct 26, 2010
Hi Narmeen,

Congratulations on getting your medicals. What office have you applied form? I have applied from Damascuss and I have been waiting for my medicals for a long 14 months.....
Thanks.
Sarah

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
hey Sahi and ICE

thx for reply .pls let me know how can i prepare for french ? i have 0 knowledge in french ,pls guide me

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
boom said:
i just completed online evaluation for Quebec.If i select French at Advance Level i pass , otherwise i dont qualify. Currenlty i have zero knowledge of French .So plz suggest whether i should submit the application or not? Is it possible that i submit application without French and enroll in French once i get CSQ? Dear Shahi could you please comment on this.....thx
If you can't qualify due to lack of points then there is no way you'll get a CSQ. I highly doubt that you'll be able to acquire advanced levels of French in such a short amount of time. Try to learn French first before you lodge your application. Otherwise you'll be just wasting $390 CAD and your time.

Good luck!

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey anumatri..

I really don't know why u haven't tried to improve ur french until now.
You have already applied to QSW program & even have received a notification for the interview.
You should have started to learn/practice already.

Now lets try to adjust a plan that could fit to the current situation.

Try to subscribe to french learning courses (like those of Alliance Francaise), on one hand it will effectively help u to learn french, and on the other hand it will show how serious u r about learning/using french.

Try to listen to french as much as possible..this will help u to acquire the "tone of the language".

I advise u to read french..most probably u wont be able to, but at least this way u can learn more about french.

I hope these will help u..but if u r serious about ur application, just be serious about french.

Good luck.

tajdar2001

Oct 13, 2010
tajdar2001 said:
Hi Friends,

I am reading your post for quite some time, it is intresting to read .
I am planing to apply for Quebec skilled worker immigration. need one sujjestion , shall i apply on my own or shall i take the help of a counsultant/lawyer.

what you all say about this issue.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I posted this question quite some time back, unfortunately no answer, still waiting for answer .

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Tajdar,

This is a personal decision. However if you qualify with enough points and read the procedure on quebec website i suggest u apply yourself. But its your personal decision.

Good luck!!

Shahi

robinhi5

Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Med's Request
20-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi Shahi...

Have you got interview call?My interview is on 15 November at New delhi.
But Some of my friend got E-mail of interview Reschedule from Quebec Embassy.So have you any idea about that.

From,
Robin

tajdar2001

Oct 13, 2010
Shahi said:
Tajdar,

This is a personal decision. However if you qualify with enough points and read the procedure on quebec website i suggest u apply yourself. But its your personal decision.

Good luck!!

Shahi
Shahi,

i knew you will reply, thank's a lot , i have checked myself in quebec website , i qualify with good no. and i have taken admission in french class , all these are in place . but my question was , Is application procedure is tough enough or one individual with all the document stated in the checklist can apply easily. i have lot's of query, one by one , i will ask you.

With Regards,

tajdar

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Yup Tajdar, go ahead not only me , all the people are here to help you.

Robinhi5, yup i had got a call..but today got an e-mail about postponement due to some operational reasons. Robin where are you from in India. Did you get any such e-mail??

Shahi

robinhi5

Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Med's Request
20-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi Shahi,

I am from Ahmedabad,I still not get any mail.

From,
Robin

tajdar2001

Oct 13, 2010
Shahi said:
Yup Tajdar, go ahead not only me , all the people are here to help you.

Robinhi5, yup i had got a call..but today got an e-mail about postponement due to some operational reasons. Robin where are you from in India. Did you get any such e-mail??

Shahi
Thank's for the reply shahi,

First Question i am an Indian based in dammam,Saudi Arabia ,where shld i send my application Dammascus or Hongkong. my stay in saudi Arabia is for two years. What you all sujjest. Which one will be better BIQ.

TAJDAR