+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

PIERRE_KALEEL

Oct 25, 2014
Dear guys.

Regarding FRENCH LANGUAGE ABILITY

Can any body help in my case?
I'm living in Ontario, Studying under study permit.
I don't have ability in French right now.

Can I apply using my only abilities in English?
Is it risky to submit an application where I'm living in Ontario and not Quebec?
Could they refuse my application for just that reason? How it works please? I don't know a lot about Quebec Skilled Worker Program.

I have been told that I will be asked for interview, which will be in French. I'm studying french (level 2 out of 5) right now. How long it takes me until I become good in French that makes me able to participate in the interview? Is it months or years?

Thanks for your advice

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikolain said:
Hey people,

New update posted on the Main Page of Quebec Immigration, its about "Modifications have been made to document requirements and enter into effect on April 30, 2015"

Here's the link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/document-requirements.html

Quebec government has started accepting Electronic Documents it seems.
Hello,

Can you advice in what cases we need to fill and send these two Forms?
1) Application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec – Programme de l'expérience québécoise
2) Comparative evaluation for studies done outside Quebec

While this link do not included these two documents, I am getting confused, Please help.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/index.html

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
cherishlady said:
Yes just that, I wonder what if they ask for a photocopy and you send in "certified copy" format I have all my documents ready but in the past format which was more strict than this new one, for example I have already translated my birth certificate as "certified true copy" can I send that or do I have to send as photocopy, this things seems to take forever!!
In my own humble opinion, "Certifiied true copy" is also technically a copy, but it is "more real" than just "copy" as it's certified, so you can hand in "certified true copy". Just my own opinion.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
PIERRE_KALEEL said:
Dear guys.

Regarding FRENCH LANGUAGE ABILITY

Can any body help in my case?
I'm living in Ontario, Studying under study permit.
I don't have ability in French right now.

Can I apply using my only abilities in English? Yeah we did last year using IELTS. You need to reach their requirements. Calculate your points.
Is it risky to submit an application where I'm living in Ontario and not Quebec?
Could they refuse my application for just that reason? How it works please? I don't know a lot about Quebec Skilled Worker Program. I dont think so, never heard such things.. CSQ application is not entirely same as PNPs.

I have been told that I will be asked for interview, which will be in French. I'm studying french (level 2 out of 5) right now. How long it takes me until I become good in French that makes me able to participate in the interview? Is it months or years? You apply this year, it will take 12 months before they start processing your file, as you are applying from within Canada (excluding Quebec) -- use that time and hone your French listening and speaking skills. :)

Thanks for your advice
Hope my answers have helped you a bit ..:)

richardrn

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
cherishlady said:
Hi Richard, since you have and AOR but haven't received yet a convocation for interview I think you may be assessed by the AOT of 2015 however i think you have great chances so my evaluation as follows:

Your age: 16 points
Education: 10 points
AOT nursing: 12 points
English w IELTS: 5 points
French: 0 points
Experience: 8 points
Wife's age: 3 points
Wife's education: 3 points
Wife's AOT: in here 0 or 3 points depending: i3 points if she graduated before 2010 or 3 points if she graduated after 2010 but she has at least 1 year of experience in accounting after getting her degree or 0 points if she has no experience in accounting and she graduated after 2010.
TOTAL EMPLOYABILITY POINTS: 60 or 57 depending on wife's AOT experience.
Children: 4 points
Finance agreement: 1 points
Total 65 points or 62 points

If you have 65 you get CSQ directly if you have 62 you go to interview and you have to prepare you French because interview will be in French. My advise you or your wife get your French ready in any case, you may get more points for that and assure CSQ without interview or in any way learn French to adapt to Quebec .
Good luck hope this helps
Thanks you so much mam! Another question, is there a passing mark for the employability points?

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
cherishlady said:
Yes just that, I wonder what if they ask for a photocopy and you send in "certified copy" format I have all my documents ready but in the past format which was more strict than this new one, for example I have already translated my birth certificate as "certified true copy" can I send that or do I have to send as photocopy, this things seems to take forever!!
Are you sure there were changes re. electronic documents? The page was updated April 30. But they were already accepting electronic forms long before.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello to all fellow foreign skilled workers aspiring to apply for a CSQ for 2015.

Just a thought, do we even have a chance to submit our applications during 2015?? Right now, the announcement is that 2015 intake will open during 2015-2016. Less than a month ago, they said during 2015 only. At least they gave us a timeframe to look forward to, right? But knowing Quebec, nothing is certain with them. :-\

I think there is a frightening possibility for the quota to get filled up even before it is opened.... How you may ask? Other types of applications under QSW apart from foreign skilled workers can already submit while the intake period is not yet officially open. Those that have/are:

•an application under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec experience program);
•a valid employment offer with the application for a selection certificate that you submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program;
•Citizenship and Immigration Canada has informed you that it has agreed to process your application for permanent residence in Canada;
•a temporary resident and eligible to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.

They mentioned 2015-2016 because 2015 might get filled up by above types of application already before they open it to foreign skilled workers.
Then the next intake for skilled workers not included in above will be 2016-2017 already :(
Or perhaps 6300 is too big to be capped out by above types of applications exempt from the intake period....

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks to those who will share their feedback.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
T365 said:
Hello to all fellow foreign skilled workers aspiring to apply for a CSQ for 2015.

Just a thought, do we even have a chance to submit our applications during 2015?? Right now, the announcement is that 2015 intake will open during 2015-2016. Less than a month ago, they said during 2015 only. At least they gave us a timeframe to look forward to, right? But knowing Quebec, nothing is certain with them. :-\

I think there is a frightening possibility for the quota to get filled up even before it is opened.... How you may ask? Other types of applications under QSW apart from foreign skilled workers can already submit while the intake period is not yet officially open. Those that have/are:

•an application under the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (Québec experience program);
•a valid employment offer with the application for a selection certificate that you submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program;
•Citizenship and Immigration Canada has informed you that it has agreed to process your application for permanent residence in Canada;
•a temporary resident and eligible to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.

They mentioned 2015-2016 because 2015 might get filled up by above types of application already before they open it to foreign skilled workers.
Then the next intake for skilled workers not included in above will be 2016-2017 already :(
Or perhaps 6300 is too big to be capped out by above types of applications exempt from the intake period....

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks to those who will share their feedback.
In my opinion, those cases you mentioned are not part of the 6300 quota as those in these categories can apply all the time, anytime regardless of whether quota was reached or not, their applications are always accepted and treated with higher priority.

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeev31aug said:
Hello,

Can you advice in what cases we need to fill and send these two Forms?
1) Application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec – Programme de l'expérience québécoise
2) Comparative evaluation for studies done outside Quebec

While this link do not included these two documents, I am getting confused, Please help.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/index.html
Well Form 1 is for the person who is going to apply with Masters degree + French B2 or 1 year exp. in Quebec + French B2.
Now Form 2 is something new, i know that this existed before for people who wanted to come here to study Vocational courses from abroad but then why is this form now mentioned here ?

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
richardrn said:
Thanks you so much mam! Another question, is there a passing mark for the employability points?
Yes, 42 for single and 50 with spouse before children and finance points.

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
sylvia27 said:
In my opinion, those cases you mentioned are not part of the 6300 quota as those in these categories can apply all the time, anytime regardless of whether quota was reached or not, their applications are always accepted and treated with higher priority.
Agree, I asked that in an information session and they confirmed that applications send now as PEQ or with a job offer are not part of the 6300 cap.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
cherishlady said:
Agree, I asked that in an information session and they confirmed that applications send now as PEQ or with a job offer are not part of the 6300 cap.
Thank you cherishlady and sylvia27!

This is good news for me. So at least there is certainty that when the 2015-2016 intake opens, we have 6300 "chances." :)

BTW, the EN page has been updated as well. It now says "2015-2016." I reeeeallly wish the intake would open latest by early 2016 :(

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T365 said:
Thank you cherishlady and sylvia27!

This is good news for me. So at least there is certainty that when the 2015-2016 intake opens, we have 6300 "chances." :)

BTW, the EN page has been updated as well. It now says "2015-2016." I reeeeallly wish the intake would open latest by early 2016 :(

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html
Hello Friends,

I was filling all the forms and came with few doubts. Hope anyone here could help on these.

1) Do we have to print and attach "General Information" part or Instruction Part given at starting of each form or we don't have to?

2) In my wife passport, the Surname/Family Name area is blank, so how I suppose to fill all these forms? Should I fill only "Given Name" column on all these forms and leave "Family name" column blank or put N/A instead?

3) What do I have to fill to columns that are not applicable to me? NA, Not applicable or left it blank

4) In form A-0520-AA question 4 "Family Members", I only have to put my wife details, not the details of my parents and siblings?

5) For AOT i am selecting "Computer Science (Bach.) code B556" for my education. I have completed "Master of Computer Application" in 2010 and save related work experience. Kindly advice if I am correct or not?

6) I think my wife education fall under AOT Section D, "Sociology (Bach.) Code B564" as she has complete "Masters of Arts" in Sociology itself, so I think I can get 1 point for her education as well, Kindly advice what code I should mention under AOT for my wife education?

Thanks,
Sanjeev

dprograms

Feb 3, 2015
Erm,

if we get CSQ, it will take about another 3 years for the Federal part (previously it was 1-2yrs)??
I read this some where???