01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
lemans207 said:
well I am in montreal. rare you find people talk French, specially downtown area,
regarding jobs, they make it hard for you because no jobs or they don't want to pay.
They request for French, and Canadian experience and Canadian degree, because they don't want to hire, no jobs.

English is the business language, all import exports you need English, you have to admit it.

All headoffices are in Toronto. if you need spare parts you must call Toronto.
Me and my wife working in Montreal for last 2.5 years. We have basic knowledge of French. If your profession is either engineering or software you can still survive though finding jobs is a bit difficult.
If you have to deal with people in day to day work then it's very very difficult. I know people who came here, could not get job and moved out to different province.
Now a days most of business understand that English is business language not language of conquers. The change in attitude is opening up jobs for anglophones. My wife use to get only few job offers when she was searching for jobs 2 years ago. Now more anglophone jobs with basic French are more in software.
I go to French school in evenings and I see a lot of health care professionals studying French. The career growth and new offers come only if you know french. No french no promotion for few.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
To begin with...one might not even get a CSQ without speaking French. It's rare to get a CSQ with no french, no job, no past experience with Quebec or Canada. That's the first hurdle. I have no idea why people who haven't been to Canada or Quebec would decide to move to Quebec. The process is more tedious than other routes like the PNP or the FSW programs.

As to whether can you survive without speaking French? It's possible but it comes with a price. Career prospects will be limited and a lot of nice jobs will be out of reach. The only jobs available will be the really *censored word*ty ones that have no prospects for growth. You don't want to be delivering home deliveries chez Nouveau Systeme do you? Even that you would need so speak some simple French...lest the customer is a separatist living in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve. You will be royally screwed then.

For all practical purposes, companies other than HydroQuebec and Banque Nationale, ask that you be bilingual. They are not asking that you use French while you work but rather have the capacity to function in a French environment if the need arises. You know how sensitive language can be in Quebec.....a customer/supplier can come in one day and only want to speak in French. What would you do then? A hardcore separatist can walk into McGill, probably the most and only Anglo institution left in Quebec and start demanding some information in French, what would you do if you are staffing L'Accueil? So there you go, the requirement to speak French is not born out of a real need but is a result of a comprehensive risk management plan.

Quebec makes it easy for immigrants to learn French too. The heavily subsidised Francisation programs are really useful to help one settle into Quebec. $50 for 6 months, it can't go cheaper than that.

Of course, once you have had enough. You can always move to Alberta or the Prairies.....With you broken French, you are suddenly the jewel in those provinces. Or start your own business but you can't escape the language laws and the OLF......unless if you are a Chinese, doing Chinese business. The administration appears to be reluctant to antagonise the Chinese....all comes down to money it seems....Go to Keung Kee in Chinatown. There are no french plastered on the walls, only Chinese characters. Something similar happened in the Irish pub, this time it was Gaelic and some nutjob separatist took offence and reported it to the OLF.

Milan kunwar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th july 2014
AOR Received.
16th September 2014 file opened and 13th oct 2014 AOR received
Quebec Outlines Immigration Objectives For 2015

Noting that this marks the final stage of an immigration plan set out for the period 2012–2015, Ms Weil said that existing policies that emphasise knowledge of French and prioritise skilled candidates under the age of 35 will remain in place. The government aims to issue between 37,500 and 43,200 certificats de sélection du Québec (Quebec selection certificates) in 2015, with the following breakdowns: Between 28,000 and 31,100 skilled workers; Between 6,000 and 8,000 under business categories; Between 800 and 1,000 other economic migrants; Between 2,200 and 2,500 foreign refugees; Between 500 and 700 other individuals. These figures represent a slight decrease from the 2014 plan, which aimed to issue between 40,100 and 44,700 certificats de sélection du Québec. This is the first immigration plan announced by the current Liberal government, which came into office earlier this year following a short-lived Parti Québécois government. Under the Canada–Quebec Accord of 1991, Quebec holds jurisdiction over immigration policy. The agreement gives Quebec responsibility for selecting immigrants and refugees under criteria set by the provincial government. Selected applicants are issued a certificat de sélection du Québec, though Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues the actual visa after background and health verifications.

devang3d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got rejection from Quebec Embassy. :(

"Original ou copie certifiée conforme de preuve des cotisations sociales ou
preuve d'exonération du paiement des primes de sécurité sociale."

Can anyone please tell me what we have to provided to fulfill social security document?
I have provided Form-16 for last 5 years and last year Income Tax Return receipt.
Can i go for administrative review?

AOR:-July-2011
Doc Req :- Aug-2014(Birth Certi + Social Security)
Oct-2014 :- Rejection

QSW is totally wasting and time consuming system...After spending 4 years of time they reject my case without any solid reason

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
devang3d said:

Can anyone please tell me what we have to provided to fulfill social security document?
I have provided Form-16 for last 5 years and last year Income Tax Return receipt.

QSW is totally wasting and time consuming system...After spending 4 years of time they reject my case without any solid reason
Sorry to hear about your case.

TO all Inidan applicants,

please be informed, if you submit Form 16 or Online version of ITR-V You will be rejected unless you have enough points without the points for your experience. If you have Online copy of ITR-V you can get a manual copy from any CA in Inida. If you need help in Banglore or in Hyderabad, I can give some contact numbers, who can provide the ITR-V in format as reqired by MICC.

To help other applicants, I wanted to post a picture of manual copy of ITR-V but I dont know how to post a picture in forum. If you are exempt from paying the income tax, please get a letter from a practicing CA that as per IT rules of India, you are exempt from filing the income tax. There is an online example in Incometax website which shows the brackets and who is exempt from paying/filing the incometax. Attach salary certificate to show that your income is less than the threshold and get it signed and stamped from a CA.

devang3d ,

If you can still get documents as mentioned above, you can apply for review, but assess your points well before doing so.

Anand.

harryneedinfo

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Anand_Inida said:

please be informed, if you submit Form 16 or Online version of ITR-V You will be rejected unless you have enough points without the points for your experience. If you have Online copy of ITR-V you can get a manual copy from any CA in Inida. If you need help in Banglore or in Hyderabad, I can give some contact numbers, who can provide the ITR-V in format as reqired by MICC.

To help other applicants, I wanted to post a picture of manual copy of ITR-V but I dont know how to post a picture in forum. If you are exempt from paying the income tax, please get a letter from a practicing CA that as per IT rules of India, you are exempt from filing the income tax. There is an online example in Incometax website which shows the brackets and who is exempt from paying/filing the incometax. Attach salary certificate to show that your income is less than the threshold and get it signed and stamped from a CA.

devang3d ,

If you can still get documents as mentioned above, you can apply for review, but assess your points well before doing so.

Anand.
Nobody can explain better than this. This is how u provide tax papers

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Anand_Inida said:

devang3d ,

Anand.
Anand, can you provide me the contact in Bangalore?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well downtown Montreal is predominantly anglophone, because it is full of american toursists and american/canadian anglophone students of McGill and Concordia. It does not say anything about work situation. If you go downtown Paris it will be full of Japanese toursists - does this mean you can survive in France on Japanese???
French is the only official language in Quebec. Those who survive in Quebec with no French - thank God for your exceptional situation.
Agree on the job situation though - even if you are fluent in French, it does not help to find a quality job in Quebec because of over-saturated job market. In fact, fluency in French helps in getting bilingual jobs outside Quebec where anglophones are too busy watching "keeping up with Khachikians" or whatever they are called and cannot master French

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Miumiu said:
Huh?? Dear, I repeat: we applied at end of May 2014 and received the File Number in a regular mail letter in early September. What's your situation?
I applied on 7 May 2014 and CC charged on 15 August 2014, till now no regular mail or email from them for File NO..

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
quebec2013 said:
Thank you dear that is the reason I am scared
It's just a letter to inform you, nothing to worry about even if it got lost, because they have your FN in their record anyway.. its just you do not know on your own side. I suggest you contact them and ask.

djgt

Oct 27, 2014
devang3d said:

Hi Devang,

The same has been with me as i have already submitted all the docs. to them but the same reason they have refused i don't know why they are asking as we have submitted our ITR V.

Regards

djgt

Oct 27, 2014
Anand_Inida said:

devang3d ,

Anand.
Hi Anand,

Please share the numbers of bangalore and same ones as we can also get the same................

R/DJGT

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
To all Indians in form,
As you can see from discussions, there is a lot of confusion with income tax returns for India. Has any got CSQ after claiming points for experience in India? Please provide what type of documents you gave to MICC AND PLEASE SHARE your experience with MICC