Monteal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
********************* Interview on 10 June **************************
My interview was 45 minutes long and was all in french. I was not allowed to speak English at all.

Interviewing agent was lady, very serious and firm.

She started talking about why I am here, what will happen next if I get selected or rejected. She asked me to show the passport and work permit and confirmed the date of expiry.

She confirmed few details with me. Of my address (that I confirmed that I have changed my accommodation and showed her proof, but she didn't ask for any change of address form, or she even returned the copy of lease agreement), confirmed my phone number, my marital status and also my date of birth. Other questions include

* What you have studied? She didn't ask for documents though
* Where do you work?
* Where do you live?
* Show me your tax certificates & recent employment certificate (she wanted a copy that I didn't have so she made a copy of it)
* What do you do at work? Your JD? (this is where I asked her whether I can respond in English and she said no you have applied for Quebec and you should be able to explain in French, however I managed to give her the answer)
* where do you want to settle in Quebec? & Why (I said Montreal & gave the reason. I also told her that my employer is in Montreal and I have contacted HR there already - she was very happy with the answer)
* What do you know about Quebec?
* Who is the prime minister of Quebec?
* What is the minimum salary in Quebec?
* Show me your CV? (that I did, and she asked me to give her my French version of CV? that I didn't have, but I said I didn't realize it and that's a very good idea and I should have the French version, I will make it as soon as possible)
* For how long you have been learning French (I said 12 months)
* Where did you study French and tell me duration for each (AF = 2 months, Inlingua = 1.5 Months, Rosetta Stones = 12 Months) she was shocked that AF only 2 months, and asked me about Rosetta Stones (I showed her the print out of registration and explained how that works and she smiled)
* Where will you work in Quebec, do you know any employers (I showed her the list of all Banks in Montreal and list of 50 recruiters that I had contacted and I said it's difficult to get an offer sitting UK and she agreed and explained herself why this happens)
* Do you have any friends in Quebec? I said no but I have contacted so many people via forums, also Muslim and Pakistani communities there.. she asked me the names and again I gave her list of names and contact details on communities.
* How did you contact them?
* How these communities will help you in Quebec?
* What personal qualities you have that will make you successful at work?
*What will happen next if you become successful?
* Have you ever visited Quebec?
* What your job titles is called in Quebec? Under what titles you can work in Quebec? I showed her the list of Job adverts I printed where I can work under 10-15 different job titles.

She didn't take any of the application forms or certificates. As the interview went on she started helping me with few words of french. I confirmed that I will continue to improve my French and after I get CSQ I will be eligible to take classes at AF - where services are offered by Quebec Government. At the end she congratulated me and confirmed that I am getting CSQ and printed out the documents.

So all that she asked... don't remember more questions...but that was overall experience. I didn't expect it to be in total french though.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Pak_UK said:
My interview was 45 minutes long and was all in french. I was not allowed to speak English at all.

She started talking about why I am here, what will happen next if I get selected or rejected. She asked me to show the passport and work permit and confirmed the date of expiry.

She confirmed few details with me. Of my address (that I confirmed that I have changed my accommodation and showed her proof, but she didn't ask for any change of address form, or she even returned the copy of lease agreement), confirmed my phone number, my marital status and also my date of birth. Other questions include

* Where do you work?
* Where do you live?
* Show me your tax certificates & recent employment certificate (she wanted a copy that I didn't have so she made a copy of it)
* What do you do at work? Your JD? (this is where I asked her whether I can respond in English and she said no you have applied for Quebec and you should be able to explain in French, however I managed to give her the answer)
* where do you want to settle in Quebec? & Why (I said Montreal & gave the reason. I also told her that my employer is in Montreal and I have contacted HR there already - she was very happy with the answer)
* Show me your CV? (that I did, and she asked me to give her my French version of CV? that I didn't have, but I said I didn't realize it and that's a very good idea and I should have the French version, I will make it as soon as possible)
* Where did you study French and tell me duration for each (AF = 2 months, Inlingua = 1.5 Months, Rosetta Stones = 12 Months) she was shocked that AF only 2 months, and asked me about Rosetta Stones (I showed her the print out of registration and explained how that works and she smiled)
* Where will you work in Quebec, do you know any employers (I showed her the list of all Banks in Montreal and list of 50 recruiters that I had contacted and I said it's difficult to get an offer sitting UK and she agreed and explained herself why this happens)
* Do you have any friends in Quebec? I said no but I have contacted so many people via forums, also Muslim and Pakistani communities there.. she asked me the names and again I gave her list of names and contact details on communities.
* What your job titles is called in Quebec? Under what titles you can work in Quebec? I showed her the list of Job adverts I printed where I can work under 10-15 different job titles.

She didn't take any of the application forms or certificates. As the interview went on she started helping me with few words of french. I confirmed that I will continue to improve my French and after I get CSQ I will be eligible to take classes at AF - where services are offered by Quebec Government. At the end she congratulated me and confirmed that I am getting CSQ and printed out the documents.

So all that she asked... don't remember more questions...but that was overall experience. I didn't expect it to be in total french though.

hi! where did you have your interview?

mickeymouse21

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Pak_UK said:

* Where do you work?
* Where do you live?

hi may i know your profession. AOT?

shreyas3s

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
mdammalli said:
I need to update HK BIQ to transfer my file to Paris BIQ, Can anybody please help me to know which forms I need to submit? and what should be the supporting documents?, any fees?, covering letter format..

Thank you very much in advance.
-Malatesh
@ mdammalli

Please choose the form "Change to the Application for a selection certificate" - A-0520-MA. Ensure you fill all appropriate fields and attach all supporting documents failing which would result in sending back and delay in processing the change.

Documents should carry the evidence of the reason for your relocation such as Valid job offer, Air tickets, Accommodation, etc, which could be your daily facilities there planned. Besides, enclose a letter which briefly explains the request for change.

Fee is not required logically.

Good luck

shreyas3s

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
lpmc2017 said:
Gods grace..
my CC has been charged by IMMI Quebec..App recd on 04-Feb, CC charged 09-Jun

Usually I have read in this forum that after receiving AOR only they charge, not clear I am right or wrong.
Not received any e-mail or letter by post from them so far, would appreciate comments on this..
@ lpmc2017

Technically they should charge your CC first and then send you the AOR, however, in some cases, say the documents are missing or would not be up to the mark, yet, they charge and open your file which demonstrates the potential candidature, but will be kept on hold and give you an intimation to send them the required/missing documents within the stipulated time.

All the best.

spanky84us

Apr 3, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted after receiving AOR.
Pak_UK said:

* Where do you work?
* Where do you live?

Did you claim points or proficiency in french when you filed? Usually, you will have a choice of having the interview in either english or french

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pak_UK said:

* Where do you work?
* Where do you live?

What level of french do you have to express everything in French?

QBC2014

May 29, 2014
I have no knowledge of French but am planning to join French classes (AF or online self-study). In the interest of time, do you all suggest I send my application (with fees, etc.) now or should I send only when levels get cleared?

From the evaluation calculator, I qualify only when I have advanced knowledge of French.

Seeking guidance from seniors.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
shreyas3s said:
@ mdammalli

Please choose the form "Change to the Application for a selection certificate" - A-0520-MA. Ensure you fill all appropriate fields and attach all supporting documents failing which would result in sending back and delay in processing the change.

Documents should carry the evidence of the reason for your relocation such as Valid job offer, Air tickets, Accommodation, etc, which could be your daily facilities there planned. Besides, enclose a letter which briefly explains the request for change.

Fee is not required logically.

Good luck
Thank you Shreyas..

shreyas3s

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
QBC2014 said:
I have no knowledge of French but am planning to join French classes (AF or online self-study). In the interest of time, do you all suggest I send my application (with fees, etc.) now or should I send only when levels get cleared?

From the evaluation calculator, I qualify only when I have advanced knowledge of French.

Seeking guidance from seniors.
@ QBC2014

Would recommend to enroll on to the French classes, either online or onshore depending on your situation, and send in the application for Immigration at the earliest ENCLOSING THE EVIDENCE OF FRENCH LEARNING, i.e., Invoice with duration, or a certificate provided by the enrolled agency (would provide on request), etc.

Wish you all the best.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for FSW 2014. I have applied for QSW during 2011. But i have got just AOR nothing apart from that since then.

Does anyone who have applied for Quebec earlier and not received CSQ yet?
What should we have to fill in Generic Application form for Que 6 and 7?

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

shreyas3s

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
QBC2014 said:
Many thanks Shreyas3s - can you please tell me if this is validated anywhere on the QSW website?
@ QBC2014

Technically it is not specified what i presumed, yet, as an self explanatory statement, across the website regarding the French requirement, they did repeatedly put the statement as -

"Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates in the Regular Skilled Worker Program who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their knowledge of French (principal applicant: 16 points for oral and written knowledge; spouse: maximum of 6 points); or
"Candidates in the Regular Skilled Worker Program who wish to obtain points for their knowledge of French"; or
"To prove knowledge of French and English, candidates who submit an immigration application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program must provide the results of a standardized test", etc etc., which in turn mean that, if you reach the minimum threshold for selection grid without French requirements, which depends on all other factors together.

In short, as it usually take roughly 24 months from the date your file will be opened, they do give you the ample time to learn French by the time there is an interview call, flip side, by enclosing the evidence such as invoice, etc., you are as well showing your genuine interest in learning French for the purpose of immigrating to Quebec.

FYI, please go through the following paths for better understanding:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/index.html

Regards

lpmc2017

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
08-15-2014
Med's Request
09-16-2014
Med's Done....
10-24-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
shreyas3s said:
@ lpmc2017

Technically they should charge your CC first and then send you the AOR, however, in some cases, say the documents are missing or would not be up to the mark, yet, they charge and open your file which demonstrates the potential candidature, but will be kept on hold and give you an intimation to send them the required/missing documents within the stipulated time.

All the best.
Thanks guys..Let us wait till we get an official information.

manish1107

Dec 6, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-03-2014
IELTS Request
SEND WITH FILE
File Transfer...
WAIT
Med's Request
WAIT
Med's Done....
WAIT
Interview........
WAIT
Passport Req..
WAIT
VISA ISSUED...
WAIT
LANDED..........
WAIT
Hi friends,
My file was opened 17 feb 2014. But at that time my draft was expired. I got draft back with file no. Then after I send my new draft on 14 april 2014 (they received ). But since 2 month my payment was not received yet. So what I have to do, help pls,