+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

arunkumarsbcn

Sep 7, 2013
can you tell me what is the minimum level of french required to waive the selection interview if I have enough points 56 (as I have got 4 years experience and the total points become 56)

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Master7 said:
Using materials such as these type of books and audio does help to prepare for any French proficiency exam, however if anyone is planing to pass a B2 exam when that person has only been learning French for 2 or 3 months, any preparation materials will be useless. In order to take full advantage of any material one must have a solid understanding of the language, in my opinion in order to pass a B2 a person must have at least 12 months of formal French learning.
Yeah, It's defintely right

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
gates1580 said:
I bought my TCF books from Amazon France. In your browser, type amazon.fr and then search for keywords TCF. The first four results are books for TCF preparation. They are as follows:
1. Guide officiel d'entraînement au TCF : Test de connaissance du français, activités d'entraînement
2. Tcf Entrainement Intensif avec Fichiers Audio
3. Réussir le TCF : Exercices et activités d'entraînement (1CD audio MP3)
4. Tests de Connaissance du Français TCF 250 activités

Apart from the above four books, I also ordered another one: Test de connaissance du français (1CD audio MP3)

I prepared using the above 5 books. I believe amazon.fr ships to most of the countries.
Hope that helps.
Do you have any download link for those books. Thanks

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
arunkumarsbcn said:
can you tell me what is the minimum level of french required to waive the selection interview if I have enough points 56 (as I have got 4 years experience and the total points become 56)
Arun
Interview is not a guaranteed thing regardless of how many points you have. Whether you get a waiver depends on the officer's discretion who is processing your case. If the officer feels that you have enough knowledge of french or demonstrated an effort to learn french, you might get a waiver.

With all the rule changes that happened recently, the lesson I learnt is not to take anything for granted. who knows, may be they will make french mandatory for applicants in the future and make that rule retro-active. If that happens, all applicants applying now will have to scramble to learn and write french exams at a later date.
So, give it your genuine effort.

GeorgesTabet

Oct 3, 2013
hey guys ... i'm waiting for my language skills IELTS and TCF-Q results ...
but my question is ... do i have to mail the application forms to Montreal ? any idea about the address ? im not sure about it !
i didn't qualify a lawyer to follow up my application so i need to know that !! thank you :D :p

Milad_86

Oct 3, 2013
8) hi all, just joined here...
Iam about to file and send an application for Quebec,,,, I know the new rules..
Anyway, I have read something about reference in francization " reference en francisation "
Can somebody please make me sure that even persons who has not yet filed their application can benefit from it or not? I am so confused...
I am to file and send my application in the next 3 months....
I have a university bachelor, and my area of training worths 6 points
I score totally 41 without any language pionts..... Or 45 with English IELTS..
If i get one B1 in TCFQ or TEFAQ,, for example only for production orale , , can I still send my application, and benefit the reference in francization ,,, ?? If yes, how much time shall i be given? 12 months or 18 ? And also, do they require me to achieve B2 , or C1 ??? ??

Thans guys...
I appreciate.

lounch23

Nov 20, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Feb. 27, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Soon
Jenalby said:
Too bad no missions updated till December 2013 for India...May be we will have it in January -February or March but no later than that...Guys dont lose ur hopes.....Let's wait ...
Can u please post a link for the new mission.. Thank you very much

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Milad_86 said:
Anyway, I have read something about reference in francization " reference en francisation "
Can somebody please make me sure that even persons who has not yet filed their application can benefit from it or not? I am so confused...
If i get one B1 in TCFQ or TEFAQ,, for example only for production orale , , can I still send my application, and benefit the reference in francization ,,, ?? If yes, how much time shall i be given? 12 months or 18 ? And also, do they require me to achieve B2 , or C1 ??? ??

Thans guys...
I appreciate.
I'm on the same situation, I plan to apply for QSW in the following months I have 44 points with no French, though I have a B1 TCFQ diploma on both competences I'm aware that I can apply with a B1 and even though I will get no points I will be granted an extra 12 months to achieve a B2. Is this true? Can I apply with 44 pts and a B1? Can somebody confirm this?

Thank you,

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Master7 said:
I'm on the same situation, I plan to apply for QSW in the following months I have 44 points with no French, though I have a B1 TCFQ diploma on both competences I'm aware that I can apply with a B1 and even though I will get no points I will be granted an extra 12 months to achieve a B2. Is this true? Can I apply with 44 pts and a B1? Can somebody confirm this?

Thank you,
Yeah, It's true. Just move on finishing the documents and updating the French test within 12 months.

encrypted2011

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
bsrogen said:
Yeah, It's true. Just move on finishing the documents and updating the French test within 12 months.
I'm not sure if they will open your file if you do not have enough points.

The B2 12 month extension applies to existing applicants and may not be extended to new applicants.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Thank you everyone for your response, unfortunetaly there seems to be a divided opinion on my question...

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
khan1984 said:
We can't do anything but to wait and wait..............
Thats true... I donno why they take applications from Asians if they cant clear them. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ??? ??? :( :(

No sign of interview even after 3 years of AOR for Asian applicants. :-\ :-\ :eek:. I'm frustrated :mad: :mad: :mad: :'(

Milad_86

Oct 3, 2013
Master7 said:
Thank you everyone for your response, unfortunetaly there seems to be a divided opinion on my question...
Yea,,, thats right! Thats why i am confused!
This reference in francization applies to existing applicants or also to the new applicants??
Also another question is , what is the MIN. Level for that? B1? Or with lower cpmpetence , is it still possible to benefit from it or not?

Can somebody with experience, makes us sure if that applies to new applicants also or not??

Milad_86 said:

Thanks guys...
I appreciate.

kimi_kaur

Sep 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
30-OCT-2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
[size=10pt]Canadian immigration strike: Visa applicants face delays
29 August 2013

A strike by Canadian visa and immigration staff has continued into its fourth month; there is currently no sign of the dispute being resolved. Some overseas students at Canadian universities are facing disruption to their academic studies because of the delays in obtaining visas. This is a particularly bad time for this to happen as the new academic year will start soon.
n caused to overseas student by expediting student visa applications and by encouraging students to make online visa applications. Online student visa applications can be dealt with by immigration staff

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is taking steps to try and reduce the disruptio in Canada who are not on strike.

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) began a series of strikes on June 6th 2013. PAFSO staff work in Canadian embassies and consulates around the world. The strike action began in six particularly busy locations; Shanghai, Beijing, Delhi, Chandigarh, Manila and Mexico City.

Union argues its members are paid less than colleagues

The dispute concerns pay for PAFSO members. PAFSO says that staff in foreign embassies and consulates are paid less than their colleagues in equivalent positions in Canada. The Canadian government rejects PAFSO's claim saying that staff in foreign locations are given a series of allowances which compensate for lower basic pay.
There is no resolution in sight at present. CIC has said that foreign offices are open with limited staff so some applications are being processed but students in particular are concerned about delays to the application process.

Shawn Dearn of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges told the Canadian broadcaster CBC that CIC had been 'prioritising student visa requests'.

Film festivals may suffer

Organisers of the Montreal World Film Festival are also concerned that some prospective attendees may have difficulty obtaining the visas in time. The Festival begins on 26th September. The Vancouver International Film Festival may also be affected.
The opposition parties; the New Democratic Party and the Liberal Party, have urged the ruling Conservatives to negotiate with PAFSO to reach a settlement.

Both opposition parties say that the government is to blame for the dispute and should compromise to prevent further damage to Canada's reputation. They say that Canada stands to lose billions of dollars in international revenue.

Government says union demands are 'unjustified'

The Canadian government has refused to compromise. It says that PAFSO's demands are unjustified and it would be unfair to taxpayers to agree to them.
PAFSO is attempting to force the government into arbitration to settle the dispute. A decision from the labour board on this request is expected shortly.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]
[/size]