Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
Geochaddy said:
Thanks Temperence, I will try again tomorrow.

Outside of Quebec: + 1 514 864-9191
please press IVR 9 and then 1 and then 1 for skilled worker category.
if you press 9 immediately it goes french only for entire IVR. wait until you hear - press 9 for english.

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Hi Dadabigboy & others

How one can get to know that the file is being treated under "priority or ordinary" :-X

Yesterday I called MICC guy & he told me he can not check this thing in his system & so I asked him for any other way to check this.... But then he said there is no other way... :mad:

I've done Bachelors in Chemistry and I've got enough of job experience (5+ year) matching with my study. So I assume to claim 12 points of my education + 6 of AOT.

Am I going to be treated as a "priority" applicant..??

Friends feel free to share your thoughts

dadabigboy said:
hi everyone,

i just called MICC again and a nice gentle man attended to me, he checked my file read out the names of my family member and said my file was in ''priority'' my degree is accounting and i know i got 6 in AOT. but i know i have 62 points without my wife economics and statistics degree being awarded AOT points for statistics. i asked the customer service man, what he meant by priority, he said the processing will be generally shorter.

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
manibalan said:
Can anyone help me. DELF A1 vs A2, Can i go for A2 directly? I plan to go for A2 directly in sep'2013 in india.
and i am going to class regularly (currently in beginner level 3). please suggest.
Dear, u can directly apply for C2 as well !! so go ahead nd best of luck !!

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Geochaddy said:
Dear Forumites,

Can someone tell me the number to call in Montreal to check on my QSW application. My application has been sent to BIQ Mexico but when I called there is no option available for English so of course je ne comprendre pas!!! I want to try the Montreal Office to see if I may be lucky to get some information. I am curious whether I am under the old rule or new rule. My application was submitted in Montreal March 28 by my attorney David Cohen. The file was then transferred to Mexico on April 15th, got AOR on June 5. Under the old rule our application was priority, with the new rules it no longer would be!

Thanks
Geochaddy
Geochaddy,

I think that regardeless of whether you press 9 for english you'll be transfered to someone who will reply to you "Est-ce que je peux vous aidez". I also experienced it when I called. They probably expect that even if you pressed 9 you might wanna talk in french because they all hate english. ;D You need to answer the only phrase "Je voudrais parler en anglais" :)

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
kool_007dude said:
Dear, u can directly apply for C2 as well !! so go ahead nd best of luck !!
oh is it. thanks for you reply dude.

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Hello :D i am very thankful you replied to my post about the quebec skilled worker program a d the quebec licensing visa. I dont know why i cant reply to your message or send yiu a ,essage directly. So here i am replying to your earlier post as my last resort assuming that this is indeed you who messaged me.

what worries me is the language barrier really. Most filipino nurses their say yiu cant find a jkb even outside of the hospital if you dont know french. Thus i cant imagine how im gonna get pass the 7 mos of studying and 5 mos internship if i only know basic french. Also i agree with what you said that sometimes the faster way isnt the right one. Thata why im really assessing the situation. If i apply for the QSW program, the max experience i can include in my application is 6 mos. I dont know if its enough. Pls help. Thanks.

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
Can my spouse who is dependent can call and ask status of the file or its compulsory that principle applicant should talk on phone?
Please suggest....

Ievgen said:
Geochaddy,

I think that regardeless of whether you press 9 for english you'll be transfered to someone who will reply to you "Est-ce que je peux vous aidez". I also experienced it when I called. They probably expect that even if you pressed 9 you might wanna talk in french because they all hate english. ;D You need to answer the only phrase "Je voudrais parler en anglais" :)

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janki said:
Can my spouse who is dependent can call and ask status of the file or its compulsory that principle applicant should talk on phone?
Please suggest....
Every time when I wanted to speak to the Call Center, they wanted the approval from the primary applicant, possibly you have to give the phone to your spouse (Primary applicant) and if the primary applicant provides the approval they will respond to anyone.. However, if you have your spouse in a different place, you may have to call the CC with a conference call...

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
oohh thats bad....anyway thanks for sharing your experience....

swamik said:
Every time when I wanted to speak to the Call Center, they wanted the approval from the primary applicant, possibly you have to give the phone to your spouse (Primary applicant) and if the primary applicant provides the approval they will respond to anyone.. However, if you have your spouse in a different place, you may have to call the CC with a conference call...

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Janki said:
Please suggest....
I agree with a previous post of swamik. It's better to arrange a conference call because they ask some personal questions to endorse the applicant's identity.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
babeerino said:
Hello :D i am very thankful you replied to my post about the quebec skilled worker program a d the quebec licensing visa. I dont know why i cant reply to your message or send yiu a ,essage directly. So here i am replying to your earlier post as my last resort assuming that this is indeed you who messaged me.

what worries me is the language barrier really. Most filipino nurses their say yiu cant find a jkb even outside of the hospital if you dont know french. Thus i cant imagine how im gonna get pass the 7 mos of studying and 5 mos internship if i only know basic french. Also i agree with what you said that sometimes the faster way isnt the right one. Thata why im really assessing the situation. If i apply for the QSW program, the max experience i can include in my application is 6 mos. I dont know if its enough. Pls help. Thanks.
If you apply in an English-speaking university in Montreal, there should be no problem, curriculum-wise. Also, there are English-speaking hospitals as well which, I assume, you can do your internship in. But I believe it's still hard because from what I know, even though the doctors and nurses speak in English, your patients won't necessarily speak in English, but there should be translators available. I've read before that for as long as you're in Montreal, you will always be able to find people who will speak English in grocery stores or wherever; at least you can get your basic needs. Also, if you do decide to apply under such program, in the months it would take to process your visa (remember, in addition to waiting for the go signal from Quebec, there's also a delay in visa processing (i.e. Canada Gov't side) because of the strike), you can already enroll in fast-track French classes. If you're in Manila, you should be able to find classes that will be able to teach you to at least a2 level before your papers are done (fast-track courses), in my opinion. So at least, you'll already have a working knowledge of French even before you leave. :)

I'm not very familiar if your paid internship is going to be assessed under the L'Experience Quebecoise, but I'm under the impression that it will be. If it is, aside from garnering points from your Quebec diploma (if indeed that is the case even with an English-speaking university) and your stay in Quebec, your application will also be treated as priority (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html). There is also the possibility that you can get a job offer from your place of internship afterwards, and this will add more points to your file (I think) and what's more, your file won't be included in the quota anymore. A lot of opportunities will open up with deciding to study in Quebec, but as I said before, rules may or may not change and it's a bit of a gamble. ;) So, I guess the best plan of action is to inform yourself as much as you can, do your SWOT analysis, and make a decision. :)

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Ievgen said:
Geochaddy,

I believe the "9 for English" was supposed to go to their English recording of phone options which they had up until recently. I feel they have disabled that option (that's why even if you press "9", you still get options in French) following the scores of phone calls they started receiving after the change in rules, that way, they can decrease the number of callers who reach their call center agents. Further, these people who actually reach the agents would at least know some French already, all to the agents' advantage. :'(

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
raistlin17phil said:
I believe the "9 for English" was supposed to go to their English recording of phone options which they had up until recently. I feel they have disabled that option (that's why even if you press "9", you still get options in French) following the scores of phone calls they started receiving after the change in rules, that way, they can decrease the number of callers who reach their call center agents. Further, these people who actually reach the agents would at least know some French already, all to the agents' advantage. :'(
You just have to press it instantly, as you hear the english words describing 9 for english language. So just press it quickly, while it still speaks about that choice.

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Guys just dropping some lines from an online article

The most egregious example of backlog woes resulting from the restructuring occurred with the closure of the Buffalo, N.Y., office and the transfer of about 10,000 files to Ottawa, many of them Quebec skilled worker applications from recent and would-be graduates from Canadian universities. As brand new applicants received visas in a matter of months, while others in the Buffalo queue were still waiting two years later, the Opposition accused officials of simply forgetting about the files after the move.

The federal government promised in December to have all the Buffalo files finalized by the end of the summer, but with a month to go, some still in the queue are running out of optimism.

“I am still waiting for my file to get processed in CIC without any results,” said Alireza Saberi, a McGill University electrical engineering graduate from Iran who submitted the federal paperwork the moment he got Quebec’s approval to enter as a skilled worker in December 2010.

“Apparently, the number of applicants has been reduced a lot, but we are still a big number.”

In the meantime, he’s turned to volunteer work as no company will hire him without his permanent residency, and he’s surviving on money borrowed from relatives.

Government officials noted they still had a month to complete the files and could not immediately provide an update on the case load.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/01/foreign-service-strike-threatening-to-cripple-visa-process-compounded-by-existing-problems-experts/

What do you guys make out of this.

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
vicky4frendz said:
Hi Dadabigboy & others

How one can get to know that the file is being treated under "priority or ordinary" :-X

Yesterday I called MICC guy & he told me he can not check this thing in his system & so I asked him for any other way to check this.... But then he said there is no other way... :mad:

I've done Bachelors in Chemistry and I've got enough of job experience (5+ year) matching with my study. So I assume to claim 12 points of my education + 6 of AOT.

Am I going to be treated as a "priority" applicant..??

Friends feel free to share your thoughts

This is my take, MICC has some nasty customer care officers that are nasty, for example i spoke to 2 ladies on some occassions who wouldnt even try to check my file, some did and said ''oh your file is just opened July 04 2013'' So we dont have anymore information for you, while this guy took his time to look into my file, he didnt ask me much questions neither did i, he only asked the first 3 letters of last name and first name, date of birth. then he started to reel them out, file opened 4th july, payment taken 23rd july and gave the names of my family members(wife and 2 sons) then said and the file is in priority.

so in the end, i think for the ones who really want to talk to you about your file they will especially the men, i feel the ladies are a little uptight(apologies, no disrespect)